Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating the protein First Reviewing Why we do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
    Probably the pasteurized stuff.

G one question though (and this is purely for curiosity's sake, I know that you know what you're doing) why wouldn't you mix different types of protein together?
    Allen I have before but it's uncommon and probably rare for bb'ers to do it anyway due to convienence....most of us don't eat steak and chicken and pork etc together that is
    For this reason
    "There are types of proteins that are more effecient than others therefore more absorbable and a great overall nitrogen level is available from them and in the blood stream after digestion."

Not that eating steak and chicken will cancel each other out, but one may reduce the effeciency of the others digestion a bit.

This is an analystic way of eating compared to society as I feel the biggest mistake young bodybuilders make is their choice of food combinations.
    It's very hard to eat this way in school and a lot of kids eat foods loaded with sauces and improper combinations that lead to all types of problems with staying lean.

Example a client of mine was eating a ton of "tuna" at school prolly 300 grams a day and he wasn't cheating on his diet he sent me it everyday and was doing his cardio and carb cut offs.
    He started to gain bodyfat at a fast rate after 2 weeks. Come to find out his tuna was tuna in a sauce which was mostly meat but a good portion was flavorings and fat..so he was eating a calroically dense food with fat sugars and protein.

Somtimes the little things will break your back and progress.
    Ya I drink the pastuerized eggs, but mostly live on the Whey protein from TP to get my supplemental protein amount in for a day.
    Drinking egg whites vs a nice cool tangerine strawberry amino enriched whey sake has no comparison.
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

great post massive.
      i always thought one would eat veggies before carbs...but thanks for explaining...bump

Comment

I've been wanting to ask this, so I'll ask here.

I don't know where to fit a Protein/Olive Oil drink in my diet anymore, since I'm trying to get a decent amount of carbs. I eat for meal 1. Pro shake w/ whole wheat bagels. then 2,3,4 it's pretty much lean beef or chicken w/ sweet potato or brown rice or oatmeal, 5 is meat/veggies 6 is pre-bed shake. This is of course on a non-workout day. I used to drink my pro/oo shake at meal 2, but I made it a solid and added my shake to breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by b_chest31
          I've been wanting to ask this, so I'll ask here.

I don't know where to fit a Protein/Olive Oil drink in my diet anymore, since I'm trying to get a decent amount of carbs. I eat for meal 1. Pro shake w/ whole wheat bagels. then 2,3,4 it's pretty much lean beef or chicken w/ sweet potato or brown rice or oatmeal, 5 is meat/veggies 6 is pre-bed shake. This is of course on a non-workout day. I used to drink my pro/oo shake at meal 2, but I made it a solid and added my shake to breakfast.
          I'd leave it as is BCHEST..unless you wanted to add more cals via the OO you could switch back to solid food meal one and add the PS/OO at meal 2. :dcchomp:
          Massive G
          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

So does this mean that some of the meals before 7pm also have no carbs in them? Or does it mean that you only eat fats after 7pm?

For instance, i eat every other hour, and every other meal is a protein shake with oil and oatmeal in it..should i not have the oatmeal, but keep the oil. and stick to the rice and veggies on my non shake meals?
            TheStigs workout movies

Comment

No carbs.
              International Elite Raw Powerlifter
              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by TheStig
                So does this mean that some of the meals before 7pm also have no carbs in them? Or does it mean that you only eat fats after 7pm?

For instance, i eat every other hour, and every other meal is a protein shake with oil and oatmeal in it..should i not have the oatmeal, but keep the oil. and stick to the rice and veggies on my non shake meals?
                As Future says, we don't mix the two but WHAT/HOW someone should eat is very individualistic. If you need advice look towards Dante or Inhuman.
                ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Nice post brother.

Comment

Lets bring this one back up for the newer folks to read. Great info.

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

There are reasons we eat Protein and Fat together and protein and carbs. Insulin. Eating fat and carbs are a death warrant to bb'ers when consumed together and lays adipose tissue down as easily as Home Depot lays down cheap carpet.
                      I remember reading Dave Palumbo talkin about this in Md once and that that was how he stayed so lean all the time.
                      I was wonderin what kind of protein: fat meals you's guys consumeand ratios as after 8pm i'm eating chicken breast with rapeseed oil {6g sat fat: 54g mono: 26g poly} but i've heard guys on non wkout days consuming mostly pro/fat meals and was lookin for ideas. cheese,nuts, oil???
                      I also never mix meat types. That means I won't eat beef pork and fish together one protein source at a meal for the most part.
                      I'm eating cottage cheese with my tuna just now to bump up the protein.
                      I know it's maybe over analytical but should i just eat twice the tuna??
                      Last edited by gjkirk; 04-19-2006, 05:11 PM.
                      :dcchomp: G.K.1

Comment

Good read. Makes perfect sense. Almost to the point of being common sense once you think about the whole insulin storage thing. I kind of followed the profat and procarb thing just cause that's how my meals worked out and I definately stayed leaner. However, before finding this site I started adding carbs to my meals with fat to add more cals for size. Well I added more size...some muscle and about 3% more bf to go along with in too quick a time. I thought the added carbs were the coulprit, but it sounds like it's just a nutrient mixing thing. Cool.

Comment

Originally posted by gjkirk
                          but i've heard guys on non wkout days consuming mostly pro/fat meals and was lookin for ideas.
                          that's very individual.

cheese,nuts, oil???
                          extra virgin olive oil is most commonly used.

Originally posted by Fearhk213
                          Good read. Makes perfect sense. Almost to the point of being common sense once you think about the whole insulin storage thing. I kind of followed the profat and procarb thing just cause that's how my meals worked out and I definately stayed leaner. However, before finding this site I started adding carbs to my meals with fat to add more cals for size. Well I added more size...some muscle and about 3% more bf to go along with in too quick a time. I thought the added carbs were the coulprit, but it sounds like it's just a nutrient mixing thing. Cool.
                          not mixing carbs and fat doesn't do any magic, I'm not saying that you wouldn't gain at a little better muscle and fat ratio if you awoid mixing carbs and fat though,... what I mean is that a 3% bodyfat increase in a short time is probably too much to be able to blame it on mixing carbs and fat,.. if you eat way over maintenance you are bound to gain some fat whether you mix carbs or fat together or not which seems to be what you did when you gained that 3% bodyfat in a quick time.
                          each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                          for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Very good post. I appreciate you bumping it, I missed it the first time around.

Comment

Good point Egil. I upped the cals a little quicker than I should have too.

Comment

I was under the impression that everything consumed in a meal forms a mixture called chyme? mmm chyme yummy lol

Comment

Working...
                                X