Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eating the protein First Reviewing Why we do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would also like to know a bit more about protein-carbs-fat meal. I would like to know about macronutrients digestion when you eat carbs & fat, what happen, is insulin a factor in this etc. If it is too long to type, please give me some reference or studies about this, because I'm eating (for example) meat (about 70-90g prot, 15-25 fat, depending ) with cereals (30-50g carbs), and I've been doing this for a pretty long time, without much trouble. But if I could improve my diet, I would definitly give it a go.
    God Bless,
    aiming for a lean 3.5 lbs per inch! Now - 3.38 @ 13%
    True protein discount code : JFA999

Comment

Dam no i got to go eat Steak
      It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything

Comment

I don't weigh food, but I like to make sure I'm not undereating, just to appease me mentally. Afterall, daily it is 500+ or bust.

I judge the size by sight more or less, that's why I curious what it would look like.
        5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Why do I have to post references for it it was pretty well out lined out in the original post on why to eat the proteins first and improper food combinations reduce the effeciency of what you absorb and contribute to your colonic mass.
          There isn't a magic formula a lot depends on an individuals maetabolism..you could be pre type II diabetes and throws a lot out of the window with fluctuating insulin levels.
          Insulin lays down fat rapidly if it is in high concentrations and at the same time.

I can only outline basic things the rest is for you guys to customize to your body type.

Simply put
          Raising the insulin levels during a meal substantailly and eating a good amount of fat is asking for disaster.
          Fast food to an endomorph is death to leanness.
          If you want to be meticulous avoid processed foods and eat high complex protein medium to lo essential fat and medium to lo complex carb and avoid all sugars(except PWO) and religously follow your carb cutoff....do your offseason cardio and that will keep even the most fat gaining prone individual growing and not adding fat. I want to help you guys reach your goals but you have to have some personal accountability and not sit here and expect to be spoon fed at times.
          PEACE.
          Massive G
          Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Who was that directed at G?
            5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

chunky, it's as simple as this.

Eating carbs causes what? An insulin spike.

What is insulin? It's a storage hormone.

Eat alot of fat (saturated fat) with alot of carbs and guess what's going to be stored? Fat.

Now if you can get away with this, then whatever. But if you wish to stay lean even if you have a faster metabolism it is in your best interest to practice the food combinations.

Comment

So I understand that protein must definitely be eaten before carbs. What about fat and protein? They seem to go hand in hand being eaten together (steak, ground beef, protein shake with olive oil). This is ok?

Comment

Originally posted by DIEZEL666
                  So I understand that protein must definitely be eaten before carbs. What about fat and protein? They seem to go hand in hand being eaten together (steak, ground beef, protein shake with olive oil). This is ok?
                  don't worry, this is ok.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Originally posted by Khan
                    Who was that directed at G?
                    Chunky...and I wasn't being a smart ass...just trying to be blunt and helpful at the same time. :flex:
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Originally posted by DIEZEL666
                      You should try and eat lean cuts of meat and or lean ground beef. You can't separate the fat from the muscle (meat).
                      But yes it is OK.
                      I have a protein shake with milk and OO and Whey. You are going to get some crosss over.
                      When Dieting it is crystal light Whey and OO.
                      Fats will slow the digestion down a bit but you will still get pretty good digestion and absorbtion of the protein.
                      It's also important ot note for us that came up in the 1990's the PER...or Protein Effeciency Ratio..LOL a term used to sell supplements back then and was centered on egg protein vs milk and things like that. There was and still is something to that.
                      There are types of proteins that are more effecient than others therefore more absorbable and a great overall nitrogen level is available from them and in the blood stream after digestion.
                      Example
                      Egg whites
                      Fish
                      White poultry meat (Turkey Chicken) will be more effeciently absorbed than a steak, or dark poultry or pork meat.

I also never mix meat types. That means I won't eat beef pork and fish together one protein source at a meal for the most part.

With one exception I will sometimes drink egg whites with a meal but most of the time I drink True Protein's Whey Ion mixed in crystal light when trying to up my protein per a meal and for that day.

PEACE :dcchomp: :dcchomp: :dcchomp:
                      Last edited by Massive G; 02-11-2005, 02:23 PM.
                      Massive G
                      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

thanks G, some great info

Comment

Originally posted by Massive G
                          With one exception I will sometimes drink egg whites with a meal but most of the time I drink True Protein's Whey Ion mixed in crystal light when trying to up my protein per a meal and for that day.

Are you drinking raw egg whites?
                          "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Probably the pasteurized stuff.

G one question though (and this is purely for curiosity's sake, I know that you know what you're doing) why wouldn't you mix different types of protein together?

Comment

Originally posted by LHDan
                              Are you drinking raw egg whites?
                              Why would he when he has Lana's?

right G
                              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                                Probably the pasteurized stuff.
                                Like Lana's egg whites?
                                "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Working...
                                X