Glucosamine/chondritin dosage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glucosamine/chondritin dosage

Not sure if this should be in the general section or not... but I know a lot of you guys are taking glucosamine for your joints... so what dosage do you guys find to be helpful? Enough people I have talked to have had great results with it, so I have finally decided to order some since my knees have been hurting too bad to train quads for almost 2 weeks now (partially quad tendonitis, partially joint pain - and I am already treating the problem).

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

I have these tablets 1100mg of glucosamine and 300mg of chondroitin
    I take 2 in the morning and 2 at night.

Helps alot.

Comment

Me and TLM take 1500mg/1200mg of gluc/chon. 1 tab (750/600) with breakfat and 1 tab with dinner.

I'm a big believer in it's effectiveness. But, it does take a few weeks before you'll realize it's working.

I've never had to, but I've heard of people taking 2-3 times the above dosage for the first 2-3 weeks if they are trying to treat a specific, bad problem.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Damn, I think I'm going to be the first responder, submit my reply and find 3 other posts beat me in.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies guys... and that is a great article there RJ, thanks for that!

Any particular brand you guys found to be the most cost effective? I am about to go look on DPSNutrition to see what I can find.

Comment

Originally posted by PTAaron
            Thanks for the quick replies guys... and that is a great article there RJ, thanks for that!

Any particular brand you guys found to be the most cost effective? I am about to go look on DPSNutrition to see what I can find.
            To be honest, I use the Members Mark brand from Sam's. They also carry the OsteoBioFlex brand but the Members Mark beats it in price a little bit.
            CrossFit Champions
            Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
              lol isn't this great, we are some fast guys replying
              Especially surprising on a Sunday morning! Why aren't you hethans in church?!!!
              CrossFit Champions
              Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Sunday afternoon here. Waiting to EAT!!!!!

Comment

Church? Umm... yeah... church *lol* It's 12:30 here... and I'm still in my bathrobe... waiting for some food to digest a little so I can go hit the gym for some cardio.

Comment

Ordered 'Now' brand... looked like the best bang for the buck... I like Now's products, they are usually a lot cheaper than their competitors.
                    http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_...k=search&dept=

Comment

I like Now's products, they are usually a lot cheaper than their competitors.
                      I agree, good quality products at a low price.
                      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Bro, what kind of AAS could you help our knees and tendons too?
                        thanks in advance!

Comment

has anyone tried the injectible version? adequan?

i hope to be trying it in a couple of weeks.

Comment

btw - it is the equine version i am talking about.

Comment

Don't laugh, but one of the guys over at bb.com swears by flax oil for joint problems. You have to mega dose it though, like 5-7 tablespoons a day. Here's the thread if anyone wants to read. I tried it, but flax oil is a little exepensive to take that often. My knees were bugging me and it seemed to help out. So if you can afford it give it a try.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...light=flax+oil
                              "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

Working...
                              X