My First DC Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My First DC Session

Little background on me, I'm 21, 188lbs @ 5'8 32 inch waist, I've been training for 4 years starting out at 130lbs. I've used low volume, to failure type training for the past 3 years. I read about DC training back in feb '03, but never tried the program as what I was doing at the time was working great, as they say if it aint broke, don't fix it. I figure the time has come to give DC a try.

My first session looked liked this:

bb flat bench: 205 x 7 / 3 / 1 ( too blasted to do a static )
    seated ohp: 135 x 6 / 2 / 1 ( too blasted to do a static )
    skulls: 95 x 6 / 2 / 1

--stretches for above bodyparts--

v-bar pulldowns: 220 x 7 / 2 / 1 + 10s static
    rack pulls: 305 x 7

--stretches for back

the whole thing took me just under 40 min. I did ligit 4 second negs on all exercises other than rack pulls.

first impressions:

I still feel like I'm going to puke and it's been almost an hour since I finished training. the reps were a little on the low side, I dropped the weight down, but I guess not enough. I already do 3 second negs, so I figured adding a second wouldn't make things that much tougher, but it did, especially on exercises with a short ROM like bench. not too much I can say other than it was TOUGH as hell. my body said 'no more', it wanted me to stop the torture, I just had to remind myself why I got into this game to begin with. once I did that I sucked it up and gave it all I had.

how do you guys feel after a DC session? I feel blasted beyond belief.

Yesterday I struggled to waddle in from my home gym to the house for a drink! The same with the previous workout--and no doubt the next. I am destroyed beyond belief, and even have trouble gulping my--much needed--drink down. Rest-pausing is killing me BUT the strength gains make up for the torture, so "It's all good".
    No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

bb flat bench: 205 x 7 / 3 / 1 ( too blasted to do a static )
      bb flat bench is rather dangerous so most of us awoid flat bench, if you still want to do flat bench then I would do higher reps like 15-30RP for more safety (if you don't know what I'm talkning about then you need to read more, about everyone on this board knows that, lol).

the whole thing took me just under 40 min.
      are you warming up enough, I could never finish the workout in only 40 min.

the reps were a little on the low side, I dropped the weight down, but I guess not enough.
      yes, you should at least get 11RP.

by the way, welcome to the board.
      each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
      for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

Good advice Egill, you used to be like how I was on the boards, thanks for caring care of the newbs for us, LOL

Comment

a

thanks for the critique egill. other than the bb bench issue I'm very familiar with the program. I read CFP and all the other DC threads back when DC's program was being introduced at elite and other boards. So I just need to be updated on any current updates done to the program, and from what I've been checking out, it's still pretty much the same as it was.

the workout was 40min from the start of the first work set to the last. so the time warming up for the first r/p set was not factored in. For myself I know I used sufficient warm ups. It only took 40min because I go to the gym to train, not to make friends.

and btw my question was how do you guys feel after a DC training session.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            Good advice Egill, you used to be like how I was on the boards, thanks for caring care of the newbs for us, LOL
            Thanks,...I'm cruising so I'we been a bit hyperactive lately, lol.

Comment

thanks for the critique egill. other than the bb bench issue I'm very familiar with the program. I read CFP and all the other DC threads back when DC's program was being introduced at elite and other boards. So I just need to be updated on any current updates done to the program, and from what I've been checking out, it's still pretty much the same as it was.
              That's good, there is of course the dogg log (in the dogg pound) on musclemayhem too and lots of posts here so keep on reading.

the workout was 40min from the start of the first work set to the last. so the time warming up for the first r/p set was not factored in. For myself I know I used sufficient warm ups.
              Ok, I understand.

Comment

sounds good. I'll see what else I can learn from snooping around in this forum in my free time.

Comment

Looks good NE.
                  Did you start this program fresh-rested or?
                  I failed miserably on my first DC session.
                  Of course that was over 3 years ago and it was on one board that's it.
                  The only problem I see as others stated was the BB bench other than that it looks good.
                  I routinely finish my entire work out in under 50 minutes warm ups and all.
                  Yes the sick feeling is normal for someone first starting it as you will customize you weights and set rep rest pause scheme as you go and acclimate to the intensity more.
                  Fine tune it here that's what this forum is for.

good luck.
                  Massive G
                  Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

thanks for the reply massive G. I took a week off of training before starting the program. I'm looking forawrd to making some solid gains.... time to eat.

Comment

Looks good (flat bench has been mentioned alrdy).
                      My first DC session just sucked.

My Ego was too big, as were my weights....

Have a nice time
                      Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

Working...
                      X