True Protein as major food source....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• True Protein as major food source....

As some of you know I started DC style training a while back to get stronger as I rehabbed injuries incurred through MMA training. At the beginning of August I decided I really needed to lean out a bit as I had gotten pretty fat. Not because of DC but before I started it. I had been eating like crap because I was unable to train the way I wanted to and I was pretty depressed. Anyway I started dieting back in August and because of work schedule etc I found it hard to eat solid food. SO FOR 5 (SOMETIMES 6) OF MY 7 DAILY MEALS THE ONLY SOURCE OF PROTEIN I TOOK IN WAS TRUE PROTEIN ION EXCHANGE WHEY WITH GLUTAMINE PEPTIDES. No chicken no beef just shakes for 5-6 out of 7 meals. During this time I wasn't following the DC workout because the guy who was doing my diet (Phil Hernon)wanted me to try his stuff (very similar-always beating the log book, low volume, high frequency). I still think DC training is awesome and will go back to it. I just wanted to follow what Phil said since I was doing his diet.

So here's the pictures of 7 weeks living on True Protein as my major food source. I had 5-6 shakes a day with 1-2 solid meals. No"super supplements" or fat burners of any kind.

The first pic is the first week in August riddled with injuries and full of McD's.
    The second pic was the first week in September injuries starting to heal a bit.
    The third pic was 2 weeks ago during the first week in October.

damn SD, nice work... i think i am going to make a shake with ion-exchange and glut peps right now...lol

d
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

nice progression, i imagine this will be good for business

Comment

shit man
        i knew it, i need to be on a alll liquid diet
        RRRRGH and i thought the biggie menu was the way to go
        JK
        good progress buddy, i may try the same deal but with 3 solid food meals
        frk
        :iagree:
        i always agree with what i say

Comment

Hey clark 'superman' kent! lol..! Nice tattoo.. btw, very inspirational for me.. gonna keep me in line on my diet.. very good results sammysdad!
          Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

good work bro!

were you taking any carbs in with your shakes?
            Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

sounds almost identical to the diet i tried a while ago eh lionel?

Comment

Originally posted by anabolic2k
                good work bro!

were you taking any carbs in with your shakes?
                I know Phil doesn't like too much of his diet given out but I can tell you this: Every meal was 2-3 big scoops Trueprotein in water and a little bit of carbs on the side. As the weeks went by the carb intake was lowered a bit. Lunch and dinner were my only solid meals (sometimes only lunch) this was because of work more than anything else. I felt stronger throughout and I really never felt too uncomfortably hungry. TRUE PROTEIN IS AWESOME. I'm actually the strongest I've been since my start back and still getting stronger every workout. I won't change anything unless it stops working and my schedule keeps getting busier so it looks like I'll be ordering another giant box of pineapple with glut pepptides.

Sincerely, THANK YOU TRUE PROTEIN! in the past I have never been able to do this type of diet because I always had stomach problems with other proteins but True protein has made it possible for me to get in all the protein I need with a schedule that doesn't allow me to eat.

Thanks everyone for the inspiring comments. I'll post again in Nov.

Comment

Originally posted by terence
                  sounds almost identical to the diet i tried a while ago eh lionel?
                  :iagree: :iagree: :dcchomp:
                  Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

That's really impressive sammysdad. Pretty neat.
                    CrossFit Champions
                    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

That's great man, this is the type of real world stuff that proves you don't need to be slaving over the stove all day. As long as you get all the protein you need, you are good to go.
                      "I can spank a monkeys ass until its bright red but I sure cant call it a babboon" - Dante

I got a fever! And the only prescription.. is more cowbell!

Comment

SD, Very nice, hows the injuries coming along, looking good buddy...
                        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

IH,
                          Thanks. The injuries are finally coming around. Still got a little groin pull on squats but it's just about gone. Shoulder is almost 100%. I'm psyched to get just a little leaner then start putting on some mass. I hope all is well with you.
                          SD

Comment

A little leaner? You aren't exactly fat, sammysdad...

Comment

Working...
                            X