• Show
Clear All

• Training Frequency

How many people here actually train with the split
    Mon - chest/shoulders/tris/back
    Tues - quads, hams, calves
    Thurs - same as mon
    Fri - same as tues

I've been training this way for the past 7 weeks and was thinking about switching over to the mon/wed/fri split. I made good progress up until the last week or so and am now cruising. I was just trying to get an idea of how many people here are able to recover from the first split. From what ive heard, it seems like only people with very good recovery should be doing it.
    "it doesnt matter who you are or where you work it doesnt matter who you are or what you earn what matters is what you give and what you love what matters is how you live and if you love" -hwm

not many people can handle each bodypart twice a week dc style. i would give the mwf a shot and see how your gains compare. you'll also be able to blast for a longer period of time.
    www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Only a couple people out of a hundred are going to be able to recover from that split. That is for those with superhuman genetics. I highly recommend doing the MWF one.

Comment

The standard MWF DC split here, too.
        CrossFit Champions
        Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I agree with the MWF thing. By doing all your monday routine I do not see how you can Keep the INTESITY up with all the body parts.
          I do a 4 day:
          1)chest - bi's 2) Back - tri's 3) shoulders - traps 4) LEGZ
          Then I hit the rotation again. I take a day off when I feel I need it.

Comment

how would you know if you can do more than the m/w/f split, its obvious when youre doing to much but are the signs that you can do more

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
              how would you know if you can do more than the m/w/f split
              When your ego tells you that you can

Comment

Originally posted by ntrllftr
                I agree with the MWF thing. By doing all your monday routine I do not see how you can Keep the INTESITY up with all the body parts.
                I do a 4 day:
                1)chest - bi's 2) Back - tri's 3) shoulders - traps 4) LEGZ
                Then I hit the rotation again. I take a day off when I feel I need it.
                That defeats the purpose of the DC system itself and bodypart training frequency.

You wanna train each bodypart twice in 9 days.

To answer the orignal ? I do three days..and do the 4 day split when straight setting.
                Massive G
                Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Originally posted by Massive G
                  That defeats the purpose of the DC system itself and bodypart training frequency.

You wanna train each bodypart twice in 9 days.

To answer the orignal ? I do three days..and do the 4 day split when straight setting.
                  So are you telling me if I hit chest on a monday, I should wait til the following tuesday to hit chest again? If not then I am hitting chest for the next cycle on the 9th day or tenth if I take a day off? Sorry it is not DC it is the CARLMAN TRAINING. That works for me thats all.
                  Last edited by ntrllftr; 10-21-2004, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by goliath23
                    how would you know if you can do more than the m/w/f split, its obvious when youre doing to much but are the signs that you can do more
                    If you can easily blast for at least 12 whole weeks with the normal split then you might consider going up in frequency.
                    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

i think my genetics are much less than special and i can easily alternate 2 different workouts 4 times in 8 days ( twice each, more than the mwf )

Comment

I have insane leg recovery but I still just keep to the M-W-F split. I will be doing HIIT cardio on the alternating days so thats a FULL week.
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by ChrisThePirate
                          i think my genetics are much less than special and i can easily alternate 2 different workouts 4 times in 8 days ( twice each, more than the mwf )
                          Are you actually training hard enough?

Comment

yeah im extremely sore that same night and the night after, but im always fine when it comes times for the next workout

and i havnt failed to beat the logbook yet

Comment

Working...
                            X