New to DC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to DC

I posted at muscle mayhem and I was told to come here..so i'm copying that post:

Hey all...I haven't been to my boards in a while so I've been out of the loop. I heard of the DC program everywhere and I found myself here now. I'm gonna give this thing a try because it seems like an amazing program and it's a nice change. My main goal is to harden up, but I wouldn't mind gaining mass.

Right now i'm 185 lbs
    5'9
    30" waist
    16.5" arms
    around 12% bf (I really wanna get my bf to around 9%)

Main Problem Areas:
    Calves
    Upper Chest
    Inner Chest
    Abs (won't grow/holds a lot of water)

I dorm and the school gym is ok..but the incline benches suck...they're at like a 50 degree angle and kill the shoulder..
    Best days to lift are Tues, Thurs, Sat

Can anyone point me in the right direction? THANKS

Have you done your homework, i.e. read all the sticky's here and the dogg log on muscle mayhem and cfp.

Best days to lift are Tues, Thurs, Sat
    that's fine.

I dorm and the school gym is ok..but the incline benches suck...
    Do you have enough exercises to do this program.
    each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
    for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

yea...the gym server the purpose..has all major machines and I can do any freeweight exercise...just with inclines..which unfortunately is my weakpoint..the bench's incline is really high..so it hurts the shoulder a little..but i'll deal with it.

Comment

ok..so let's see if i constructed this correctly:

Tues:
        Chest - Incline BenchPress - 315x6-8 - 315x3-4 - 315x2-3
        Shoulders - Smyth Military Press - 180x6-8 - 180x3-4 - 180x1-2
        Triceps - Dips Between Benches - 180x10-12 - 180x6-8 - 180x3-4
        Back - Lat Pulldowns - 200x10-12 - 200x6-8 - 200x4-6
        Deadlifts - 350x10-12 - 350x6-8 - 350x4-6

So is this what it's supposed to be like? Just want to make sure before i go on.

Thurs would be bis, forearms and legs then saturday i'd repeat but with different exercise for the muscles.

Comment

Pretty much. I dont like the rest pausing for deads but thats me.
          International Elite Raw Powerlifter
          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

You don't really shoot for a rep range on your mini sets. What I mean is, OK say for chest you're doing 11-15RP. Say you pick a weight that you can do maybe 8 with for your first mini set. You do as many reps as you possibly can with that weight adn finish on the negative. Have your partner re-rack, take your 15 deep breaths and do the same thing, getting as many reps as you can, don't just stop at 3-4 on the second mini set, it looks like you have it set up that way. You just do as many as possible (It USUALLY ends up being 3-4, but not always), finish on the negative, re-rack, 15 more deep breaths and do the third mini set. Sometimes for the 11-15RP range you may get 8+4+2 = 14RP, or you may get 10+3+1 or something like that. It varies.

Comment

Oh yea and don't rest pause deads, we don't want an injury. And for most back thickness movements you go a heavy set of 8, then a slightly heavier set of 4. I strongly recommend you re-read.

Comment

I think he was just being hypothetical with his rep range. I think.
                International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

I know Just making sure, though.

Comment

thanks guys...you've helped a lot...i wasn't going for the reps that i named...it was an estimate of what i'd be able to get upon failure.

Comment

OK we were just making sure. The worst thing we want people doing is doing ther program wrong, then not making many gains and then going somewhere else and saying that DC training is bullshit. That's our worst fear

Comment

Originally posted by XxNyCgQxX
                        yea...the gym server the purpose..has all major machines and I can do any freeweight exercise...just with inclines..which unfortunately is my weakpoint..the bench's incline is really high..so it hurts the shoulder a little..but i'll deal with it.
                        If you can't do the incline without pain then don't use it, don't take any chances with your body, it's not worth it.
                        each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                        for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

it's not excruciating pain..it's just not that comfortable..but i'd just go slower and control the rep

Comment

Shit, I missed that. Good point Egill.

Comment

First message board where the members actually cared about the "new guys" lol

Comment

Working...
                              X