"Power pec deck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Power pec deck"

has anybody tried this chest exercise Dante gave out a while ago? (incase you forgot or i named it wrong, you basically use a pec deck w/ the pads on the handles, arch back, stick chest out, place hands on it such that palms are on it and finger are sticking outwards, not upwards (as they traditionally would be). then go through the motion imagining you were doing a db press. )

i've used it for warmups, seems good, but not certain if i should introduce it as one of my working sets for chest.

Anybody given it a go for a while and absolutely loved/hated it?

Yes, I have tried it. Worked just great for me! I have included it in my program from now on. I called it "fly-presses". Got a really good pump from it. I think it is a great alternative exercise. :p

Comment

I used it and really liked it. I got a great stretch off of it and got very sore the first few times. Weights really went up fast in the beginning. I liked having a a flye type exercise again since all I have been doing is various presses and dips.

I used the pec deck until I burned out on it. I will certainly come back to it in the future.
      Through the best and the worst
      The struggle and sacrifice.
      For the true who've remained and the new blood.
      Motivation, undying allegiance
      Striving through the hardships and affliction.
      Every drop of blood
      Every bitter tear
      Every bead of sweat
      I live for this

Comment

I think I am going to add this one in during my next blast. I have a cruise comming up so I will try it out then.

GR03

Comment

I'd try it but we have the Nautilus pec deck, you can't exactly grab and press it, you're pretty much FORCED to uhh...fly it.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            I'd try it but we have the Nautilus pec deck, you can't exactly grab and press it, you're pretty much FORCED to uhh...fly it.
            i don't think there's any pec deck that will give you the free ROM to 'press' it, but changing the hand position like Dante says seems to make it differently; seems more effective that using it 'regularly' (i.e., flyes)

Comment

So what sort of hand positioning do you take? I tried it on ours and it hurt my finger LOL. It just seemed like it'd aggravate my bad wrists, too.

Comment

So what sort of hand positioning do you take? I tried it on ours and it hurt my finger LOL. It just seemed like it'd aggravate my bad wrists, too.
                is this the pec deck you're referring to?

http://bigfitness.net/Store/images/NAUTSMITH_LG.JPG

i have something similar, but different make - basically all i do is, to start off, take the position you would if you were using it for flyes, bring the handles together, then have somebody hold it there and i slide my hands downwards towards the bottom 1/4 of the pads (at this point my fingers are still pointing upwards like if i were to fly it).....then when i get to the spot that feels best, i just rotate my hands, such that now my fingers are pointing out to the side

you can feel the difference even without weights....try this now maybe - sitting in your chair, bring your hands together infront of your face like you were praying (so fingers facing upwards towards ceiling)......now separate them and pretend you're on the pec deck machine and you're doing flyes (elbows remain bent, etc....)

now do the same thing, except start off again like you're praying (fingers upwards, palms together), now turn your wrists such that, hands still together, fingers are pointing towards the monitor. now do the same motion ...... even though you've just basically changed hand positioning, it feels different in the pecs.

i dunno, maybe it's just me

Comment

incase my explanation sucked ass, here's dante's original post:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showpos...31&postcount=3

:dcchomp:

Comment

Thanks dude

Comment

Thanks dude

n/p.

man, i'm in such turmoil - i've used it as a warmup set and liked it, it's gotten good reviews on here so far, and yet I'm sooooo conflicted ...... using the pec deck machine goes against a lot of what i've stood for for the longest of time. i mean, i still have all my pressings and dips, but i feel like such a girly-man using it, even though i'd have like 400pds on it, heh.

Comment

LOL, yea the pec deck always seemed like one of those 'no-no' exercises to me, too. Oh well, Dante probably isn't wrong, LOL.

Comment

Hmmm, I wonder if the hands have to go outward on the incline pec-deck Nautilus we have at my gym (The thing has worked wonders with "normal" hand placement) in order to get even more out of it.

Interesting thought.

The normal flat pec-deck (power fly) will be fun when I top out the incline pec-deck.

DC, any thought on the incline pec-deck nautilus? Does hand placement need to change on that one also? I've been fine without it, but I'm wondering if I could get even more out of it.
                          5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

im lost on this one
                            please someone explain how to do this so my dumbass can figure it out
                            we have the multi use rear delt and pec deck with adj handles and stuff
                            frk
                            :iagree:
                            i always agree with what i say

Comment

It has to have the old-fashion pads, not the grip handles. The multi-use one has grip handles.
                              5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Working...
                              X