High pulley rows for back width

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High pulley rows for back width

I've bene playing around with them as warmups and just recently tried it as my working set for back width.....very awesome movement, killer for lat width

that is all :showoff:

thnx for the heads up :showoff:
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

thank Dante; i never heard of them until he descripbed them on here

Comment

thnx dante!
        TRAIN
        EAT
        SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

Seems that I missed sth. Link for the description ?
          Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

Hey SpiderGuy, here you go:

Pulley row high pulls-awesome for lat width here guys--this is going to be a pain in my ass to explain but lets see if i can do it--god its so much easier showing someone these in person. First up--do you know that position that is at the bottom of a stiff leg deadlift if you do it very deep (some people dont)--remember that position because that is key here ok?
            Ok-Your on a seated cable row with a close grip parallel handle--your legs are slightly bent--your aiming for the greatest amount of stretch possible at the very beginning of the pull ok so remember that you should be in that "position" above or close to it (I talked about earlier) thruout this whole movement. With your back rounded and you leaning forward (huge stretch) you pull the handle to right about 3 inches above the kneecaps, thats it. At no point do you stick your chest out and arch your back and pull the handle into your midsection and sit straight up as in a seated pulley row, what you do instead is flare your lats at the stretch at the very beginning and keep your lats flared till you pull right over your kneecaps and then control the return to the stretch and repeat. Because your bent forward in a position that doesnt put your back in a precarious safety position you will have no worries with a rounded back. I guess a simple way i could describe it is
            a)huge stretch at beginning
            b)do half a pulley row movement but dont lean your torso backward or arch your back--keep it stabilized maybe only moving a few inches the whole movement
            c)keep your lats flared outwards the whole way thru and dont crunch your scapula together--pull with your lats and pull the handle 2-3 inches over your kneecaps and return------15-30 reps rest paused is the deal on these and you will not be using the weight you use on seated pulley rows so wipe that from your memory banks...
            "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Thx oh Big One
              Never forget to lock your fridge! The INHUMAN one is near!

Comment

What about another one of those diagrams that illustrated the rack chin so well ???

Comment

I think it was the mayhem member "bodybuilding universe" that drew that illustration?!

if so, here's his member stats:

http://www.chadnicholls.net/forums/m...hp?userid=3729
                  Last edited by jimpaul; 10-17-2004, 02:36 PM.
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                  SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                  TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

That exercise sounds great, I will have to try that.

Another I have been using for lower lats is a standing straight-arm pull down towards the end of the work-out. Arms extended in front of face with straight bar at lat pull down machine, keep arms straight, move down to mid thighs, keeping lower lats stretched the entire time.

This one you suggested sounds great for upper lat width. Thanks!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X