Clear All
  • TheSolveMaker
    • Mar 2004

How many warm ups R U doing, guys?

Thanks In Advance!!!
  • USMuscle9403
    Banned
    • Apr 2004

Depends on how heavy you're lifting. Obviously a guy squatting 600 for his 8 repper is going to need more warm ups than a guy that's doing 135 for his 8 set. For me it usually goes..

Shoulders - 3
    Chest - 3
    Triceps - 2
    Biceps - 2
    Forearms - 1
    Back thickness (deads) - 4
    Back thickness (rows) - 3
    back width - 3-4
    Quads - 4
    Hams - 3
    Calves - 3

Hope I didn't forget anything...

Comment

• BigSdawg
      Lightweight Member
      • Jun 2004

2-4 *just like above

sage
      "I get my protein where top athletes and bodybuilders get
      theirs -Trueprotein.com" :dcchomp:

Comment

• MsteveM
        DC Q & A Member
        • May 2004

i usually just do 1 sort of big build up set, i dont know how well it would work for super heavy weights like some of the guys on here are lifting b/c i'm not as strong as they are - not yet anyway.

something like this for most exercises for me. say the workset is 225 just to throw out a number.

135X8
        155X3
        185X3
        205X1
        225X

so i just slap on some plates, and do a rep or 2 until i get up to the working weight.
        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

• USMuscle9403
          Banned
          • Apr 2004

Raul, I guess we are different. I have experimented with what you said in the past and I feel that if I do a couple very light sets of the exercise that I am about to do for shoulders, triceps, whatever...that I am alot stronger on that exercise rather than just relying on my chest workout to be my warm up. Sort of like how alot of people like to warm up some bodyparts with exercises other than what they are doing for their work set. For instance, some people like warming up on leg extensions or something like that before hitting squats. I absolutely can not do that. Obviously I am warming up my quads and stimulating them before the quads workout, but for me, it just doesn't go like that.

Comment

• lionel
            Middleweight Member
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
            For instance, some people like warming up on leg extensions or something like that before hitting squats. I absolutely can not do that.
            Not saying tht i do so or advocate/recommend doing so, but why not?

All these seems a lot of weider shit and his preexahustion shiznit..
            Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

• lionel
              Middleweight Member
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
              I agree , we are all different human beings , I just dont like taxing bodyparts . I know my body and after chest my shoulder and triceps are already blasted and ready to take their final beatings, you do what works for you, for me it works this way and i plan to keep it on, if someone else does what I do, i want you to share it out. :showoff:
              I'm with you here too raul.. but i'm getting about 1 warm up set on shoulders and tris before the rp set. I wanna get into the 'groove' of the exercise and this helps me really focus on kicking the logbook on the rp set to come next. Same thing with forearms after bis. If i hit too many too heavy, the logbook kicks my ass on the rp and thats not what we want..
              Consistency is the key

Comment

• Egill
                DC Q & A Member
                • Aug 2004

I agree , we are all different human beings , I just dont like taxing bodyparts . I know my body and after chest my shoulder and triceps are already blasted and ready to take their final beatings, you do what works for you, for me it works this way and i plan to keep it on, if someone else does what I do, i want you to share it out.
                I bet that if you'd spend a little bit more time working out and focus more on warmups that you'd be much stronger when it comes to your worksets.

After chest you could try this for shoulders (works very well for me):

1. warmup set for shoulders ~6 reps of ~70% workset weight.
                rest no less than 2 minutes
                2. warmup set for shoulders ~2 reps with a weight slightly above the workset weight,.... this primes your nervous system so that you will actually be stronger than if you'd skip this set.
                rest 3-5 minutes, if you choosed the weight accordingly and rested enough between the sets you should feel very strong in your workset.
                each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

• mobsta
                  Light-heavyweight Member
                  • Apr 2004

i agree with RJ as well,, back thickness and quads are the only parts i might warm up
                  "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

• lionel
                    Middleweight Member
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
                    I have tried it out Egill to no avail, thats why I have switched to only warming up my chest and then not touching my shoulder and triceps. I haven't tried that setup you laid out above and it looks very good , im gonna give it a wirl because I love trying new things out, got this new open mind about bodybuilding lol. But my problem is that once im done with chest... my shoulder and triceps start suffering if I decide to warmup again after being taxed.
                    When you do a heavy RP set on Chest , your synergist muscles (Shoulder/triceps) get very taxed too so that is what have kept me from adding weight and warming up after a chest session.
                    So true.. my shoulders(front) are pumped after the chest stretch already.. i don't wanna risk my rp set and let that bloody logbook kick my ass..
                    Consistency is the key

Comment

• lionel
                      Middleweight Member
                      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Egill
                      2. warmup set for shoulders ~2 reps with a weight slightly above the workset weight,.... this primes your nervous system so that you will actually be stronger than if you'd skip this set.
                      Egill, is this really recommended?? For shoulders only..?
                      Consistency is the key

Comment

• Egill
                        DC Q & A Member
                        • Aug 2004

When you do a heavy RP set on Chest , your synergist muscles (Shoulder/triceps) get very taxed too so that is what have kept me from adding weight and warming up after a chest session.
                        I know what you mean, my shoulder/triceps get very taxed too from chest but that's why I am not hurrying into my warmup sets and don't start the workset until I feel like I'we rested enough. I'm not saying that I couldn't get away with only one warmup set for shoulders after chest, I just wouldn't feel as strong as when I warmup like I stated above.

Comment

• Egill
                          DC Q & A Member
                          • Aug 2004

Originally Posted by Egill

Egill, is this really recommended?? For shoulders only..?
                          This is just what works best for me. People usually don't warmup with a weight that is abobe the working set weight but I think it works very well,... I only do 1-2 explosive reps in that set and I feel that my nervous system is super ready after that,.... it's like I got suddenly a little stronger, sometimes pretty surprising. And I just took shoulders as an example.
                          Last edited by Egill; 10-10-2004, 01:21 AM.

Comment

• lionel
                            Middleweight Member
                            • Apr 2004

right, thanks egill, will experiment with it.
                            Consistency is the key

Comment

• TheSolveMaker
                              • Mar 2004

HEY USM9403, how many are your reps and how much weight? Thanks
                              I´ve liked the MsteveM warm up and the Egill wram up. What do you think about, guys?
                              I fell when I do 1-2 heavy after the rp I am stronger.... there is anyscience behind it?
                              thanks again guys! I dont know how you answer so fast...
                              Last edited by TheSolveMaker; 10-10-2004, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Working...