what foot stance on hacks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what foot stance on hacks?

what foot position/stance do you guys prefer for hack squats?

feet together/wide stance/low on the plate/high up on the plate etc?
    Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Originally posted by anabolic2k
    what foot position/stance do you guys prefer for hack squats?

feet together/wide stance/low on the plate/high up on the plate etc?
    Well since my ass needs its own zip code I go wide on the top and outer part of the plate so I can get all the way to my Calves, I even had our plate made bigger cause I was falling off the old one...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

i do just about 6 inches apart at top of hack plate so as nt to get knees over toes and to build my sweep
      im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

same stance as if i was squatting, except my feet are pretty close to the top part of the plate
        Last edited by JnJ23; 10-10-2004, 12:51 AM.
        TRAIN
        EAT
        SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

top of the plate seems to fave then? cool,cheers guys.
          Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

Comment

ive always been taught to extend my hips forward (like a pelvic thrust) at the end of the movement, u guys do this too?

Comment

Originally posted by BigBen
              ive always been taught to extend my hips forward (like a pelvic thrust) at the end of the movement, u guys do this too?
              sounds dangerous with 6+ plates each side
              im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

Feet high on platform and just shy of shoulder width for me. Any lower and your knees will beg for a new owner!!!

TH
                For all your Trueprotein supplement needs (www.trueprotein.com), use this code (SER742) and receive 5% off your purchase. Save 10% on orders 16lbs or more!

Comment

You mean when your legs are straight,... some people have a tendency to overextend their back at the end of the movement (and get a pain in the lower back, it has happened to my training partner) so that makes sence as long as the pelvic thrust is to prevent your back from overextending.
                  each day is an opportunity to move you closer to your goals.

<--- Batdog needs trueprotein for his superpowers www.trueprotein.com
                  for a discount use my Batdog approved discount code: EGO693

Comment

hmm the six plates on each side dilemma isnt somethin ive had to deal with yet...... maybe one day

Comment

I go towards the top, and wide stanced. I also go all the way to the bottom. I haven't used 6 on each side yet, but I am doing 5.

My quads are 28.5 inches, so it has worked for me. *shrug* I'm looking forward to more growth in the future still.
                      5'8'', 215 lbs.

Raw powerlifter.

Comment

Yes, my feet are basically at the upper corners of my foot plate, toes hanging off the edge (this is a little outside shoulder width for me
                        this lets me get the depth without my knees wanting to leave the next day
                        I am also 6'2" with long legs
                        Lift big 2 get big
                        TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
                        mod at bodybuilding.com
                        mod at iron-forum.com
                        mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
                        So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
                        "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
                        Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Working...
                        X