The little things that add up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The little things that add up

I have been sitting around overanalyzing things as I usually do,,, god I know DC hates that,,,, LOL. But anyway, I was thinking the other day when I was taking a big protein dump and what struck me is how the little things you do in the week in bodybuilding add up dramatically over time, more so than you may think. I don’t know what think about this, but it really hit me. Here are some examples for you guys.

Example 1; Lets say you just get plain sick of eating the required meals every single day and you miss 3 meals a week. No biggie right? Guess again, that is 156 growth producing meals in a year that you missed. One hundred and friggin fifty six!!!!! That is just shy of a months worth of growth producing meals you missed out on. 1 whole month you missed out on from skipping 3 meals a week.

Example 2; Let’s just say you are a fat boy at heart much like myself and you love your sugar and pizza just like I do. For shits and grins lets say you treat your self to a pint of ice cream 2 times a week. That is roughly 2000 empty potentially fat producing calories you are getting in one weeks time. That does not sound so bad huh? Well over a period of a year this is 104,000 extra calories. It takes roughly 3500 calories to form a pound of fat which means you could potentially gain almost 30 lbs of fat in a year from this dietary habit.

Example 3; All that protein you have to eat during the week makes you fart and feel bloated doesn’t it? You don’t think it is a big deal to scale it back 50 grams or so a day from the recommended intake. That is really not all that much is it? It could not possibly make that much of a difference? Well over the course of a year that is almost 18 kilograms of protein your body is missing out on. For us metric impaired Americans that translates into roughly 40 lbs of protein in years course of time. Do you think that 40 lbs of protein might make a slight difference in the muscle mass you gain?

Example 4; Let’s just say you miss adding 5 lbs to your exercises once month in your quest to crush the log book. Well guess what Skippy? This adds up to 60 lbs in year. Imagine adding 60 lbs more to your favorite exercise by this time next year. I am sure we would all take that not to mention the size you would gain from that.

What’s my point here? It is that bodybuilding is a meticulous sport. A sport measured in the little things you do day in and day out. Shows are not won and lost by these little tedious things that you have to do day after day year after year. I think too many young guys miss out on this. This sport is a marathon and not a sprint. We all have to remember this including myself.
    I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

You ok?, do you need some counseling or something, thanx for the graphic explanation of what you were doing when you were thinking, I am eating for christs sake...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

BigP...are you taking any medication you want to tell us about?...You're among friends you know
      Massive G
      Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Rocky?
        People who say things like this (in response to Obama's "We're the change we've been waiting for" speech) act as if they are saying something new. There's no idea older than the idea that all this is new. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

Nah it has to be Clomid, maybe Vicodin?..
          "That damn log book"

Comment

About two more posts and he will aol me and be pissed, ready set your watch...
            "That damn log book"

Comment

Yea, I forgot...no way that Rocky could come up with something that actually had relevance and made sense (this is just weird as hell)
              People who say things like this (in response to Obama's "We're the change we've been waiting for" speech) act as if they are saying something new. There's no idea older than the idea that all this is new. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

He's not on thank god, we can be internet badasses all we want to, LOL...

Comment

Ignore them, bigp3. They're just jealous they didn't think of this first. Next week they'll be using the sprint/marathon analogy themselves, claiming it as their own. Rock on, deep thinker! Rock on! :rocker:
                  "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                  Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                    Funny thing is ...I didn't even read BigP's post...LOL
                    Yea, I stopped at 'big protein dump'. I decided to go back and actually read it though after my first post.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                      You ok?, do you need some counseling or something, thanx for the graphic explanation of what you were doing when you were thinking, I am eating for christs sake...
                      When are you NOT eating?

:smooch:
                      "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
                      Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Hey, I like the post. I am dropping a deep though of my own in the general forum. And yes I took my epilepsy meds today.
                        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
                        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

bigp ,, i also think a lot when im taking a dump like for example: i did rack chins and my lats are killing me, how am i gonna wipe my ass if i cant reach ?,, or "i dont remember eating corn! wtf!?"
                          "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Originally posted by TheLil'Missus
                            When are you NOT eating?

Never, LOL. The question is WHAT is he eating? It's most certainly something you know, nice and light...low in fat, no carbs, you know...dainty, LOL. I mean you DO know he has to watch his figure!

Note: I'm doing the same damn thing, but it makes me feel better about myself when I ignore my own faults and poke fun at others.

Note Note: This was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLil'Missus
                              When are you NOT eating?

Pretty smart today ain't ya, oh and real nice showing up the Munster on those Racks, I am proud of you, did I tell you I love you...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X