Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse grip smith military press

I heard about this over at bb.com

You guys ever try it? They say it's suppose to hit the delts very well. I would think your triceps would take over alot of the pressure, since it's a "reverse" movement. Also it might be akward and dangerous for your RC's, but what do you guys think?
    TRAIN
    EAT
    SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Originally posted by RaulJimenez
    I really don't know about this one since I've never done it, sounds like they did a copy of the bottom portion of an arnold press and called it reverse smith military. Bump for other opinions on this exercise for delts.
    Never done them either. Sounds interesting (for maybe an exercise to rotate in down the road aways). How wide a grip do you guys think?
    CrossFit Champions
    Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Im guessing a couple inches wider than shoulder width
      TRAIN
      EAT
      SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I have done these and they are very difficult to do and were torture on my Rotators...
        "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
          I have done these and they are very difficult to do and were torture on my Rotators...
          what i thought
          TRAIN
          EAT
          SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

OMG, that is not natural! That would have to put some serious stress on your RC as IH said.
            What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

It's a whole lot of front delt IMO.....
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can imagine doing those
                Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

You know what's funny? I experimented with these during my cruise and though that I made up the exercise, LOL
                  People who say things like this (in response to Obama's "We're the change we've been waiting for" speech) act as if they are saying something new. There's no idea older than the idea that all this is new. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

imagine the workout that your delts would be getting would be a lot but then there's the rc factor your all talking about. Could be too dangerous. Or I'm just a panzy lol.

here it comes
                    jim
                    ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                    Good luck
                    Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                    SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                    TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I actually put the bench at a high incline and concentrated on only using triceps. Worked fantastic, but I believe that I will stay away from it because of the rotator problems (not that I have any, but don't want any either)
                      People who say things like this (in response to Obama's "We're the change we've been waiting for" speech) act as if they are saying something new. There's no idea older than the idea that all this is new. - Thomas Sowell

Comment

Hey allen, wow, now we've got 2! Anyway, i saw this in a mag the other day.. did you see it there too jn23? Some pro was advocating bout how good it is and similar to gains from the arnold press.. but this being done with a bar.

Haven't tried it yet but i'm thinking wouldn't it hit the tris a lot more similar to the rev. grip bench? It MAY hit the shoulders a lot more but i think the tris may get hell from this.. bump fo more people who've played round with this before..
                        Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Sounds a lot like some of the testing we do to recreate shoulder impingement... I would stay far away from it...

TrueNutrition.com discount code: AAL229 saves you 5%

Feel free to PM me with injury questions - I'll get back to you soon as I can.

Comment

Originally posted by PTAaron
                            Sounds a lot like some of the testing we do to recreate shoulder impingement... I would stay far away from it...
                            then you could maybe add some biceps tendonitis
                            Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

OK definitely staying away from it now, LOL. Man, and I thought I was onto something

Comment

Working...
                              X