difference between whey isolate coldfilt/microfilt. and ion x

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• difference between whey isolate coldfilt/microfilt. and ion x

what's the main diff? i mean there is a pretty large price difference and only 1g protein difference per serving.Why do most people here prefer ion exchange then?Is it the taste...the 'quality'...the mixability...what?

It is ideally the quality of the protein.

Here is a bit explaining it. Its take from TrueProtein.com, which I think they wrote it in some pretty good lamen terms that make sense.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cold-Filtration, Microfiltration and

Ion-Exchange, are protein powders that are the next steps to

further process whey protein concentrate. The

Cold-Filtration process is a procedure of separating the proteins

through the use of micro filtering the mass all while using a cold

or “chilled” process (environment). These filters allow the protein

to be removed from the unwanted fat, lactose and the like.

Cold-Filtration Isolate is virtually fat free and lactose (sugar) free.

So what is the difference between Cold-Filtration and Microfiltration?

They both use the same extraction process of filtering, but the

Cold-Filtration is just that, the liquid mass is chilled and then

filtered. As well the mass is then sprayed dried in a non heat

environment to preserve the undenatured proteins.

Using the Cold-Filtration method, the overall protein is said to only

be 0-3% denatured, in comparison to other proteins that can be denatured

up to 15%. Whey Protein Isolate Cold-Filtration is very high in bioactive

whey protein fractions, including immunoglobulin, lactoferrin and

glycomacropeptides.

The Ion-Exchange process is a

procedure of separating the proteins through their specific

electrical charge. Chemical reagents allow the electric charge

of the protein to be controlled and then extracted. Ion-Exchange

Isolate is virtually fat free and lactose (sugar) free. The extraction

process leaves the final product almost all protein, around 96%

protein.
    Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

i know i read those..but mostly what those read was just how those proteins were obtained and stuff.I just wanna know the main diff between ion x and the other WPI because there is a big price difference,but not much difference in protein percentage,so why does most people here prefer ion x?

Comment

I think TPC can chime in here on the price difference, but I believe its because the extraction process of Ion-Exchange just takes more to manufacture, and the higher grade of protein amount in each serving. And because its a more pure protein it mixes just a slight better, and just tastes a bit better due to being more pure.
        Last edited by Creator_11; 09-29-2004, 12:26 PM.
        Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

Comment

Originally posted by Creator_11
          I think TPC can chime in here on the price difference, but I believe its because the extraction process of Ion-Exchange just takes more to manufacture, and the higher grade of protein amount in each serving. And because its a more pure protein it mixes just a slight better, and just tastes a bit better due to being more pure.
          BINGO...

the reason for price differences is mainly the process at which the whey is isolated. the CF and MF, use a very similar process of ceremic membrane filtering. and ion uses a method of ionically charging the particles to isolate the whey.

i could tell you ion-exchange is better because it is more expensive, but this is not true. they all are all extremely similar as an end product. the ion mixes slightly better (nothing you would ever notice though), and the ion has slightly less flavor and has a slightly higher protein percentage.

i usually recommend to go 50/50 with the wpi's. i personally mix 50/50 ion/mf together. i think it tastes better and mixes better than any of them by themselves. dante on the other hand is like an old goat that does not like change, so he sticks to straight up ion...

d
          @dante_trudel

Comment

shit this is doug (tpc), dante never logged out of his account on the warehouse computer...

d
            @dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by Doggcrapp
              shit this is doug (tpc), dante never logged out of his account on the warehouse computer...

d
              Oh, give me a break. Do you honestly expect any of us to believe that Dante and TPC aren't the same person?

Please!

LOL. J/K.
              CrossFit Champions
              Champions Combat Arts

Comment

I originally ordered 25%wpc 75% ion and later a separate order that is 25wpc 75 cold flitr. The ion mix mixed perfectly, while with the cold filtration once in a while i will get a tiny particle here or there. The powder itself also had a few tiny clumps in the bag of my cold flitr mix, but that could have been from DC or TPC sweating while working so hard mixing my protein
                In the end I have seen the same great results with both products.

Comment

I am getting ready to plade my first TrueProtein order. Are there any recommended mixes out there that I should try. I am going to focus my order on post work out and supplementation to meals when it becomes absolutely impossible to take another bite of steak.

Comment

Working...
                  X