Losing Fat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Losing Fat

My goal is to lose 60lbs of fat OVER A PERIOD OF TIME. The way I plan on doing this is losing 15lbs at a time. EX: I weigh 305lbs at 6'0". I plan on getting down to 290lbs on my first cutt. As far as strength and mass goes I will try to maintain the weight I regularly use in the gym while attempting to cutt, than if I lose any strength in my lifts after I get to 290lbs that will be a tall tell sign I have lost some muscle in the process of losing fat. I will than try to maintain the bodyweight of 290lbs and get my lifts back to whatever they were before. Than as soon as I get my lifts back to date (while keeping at 290-292). I will than try to maintain this for a while maybe a month. After a while I will try to lose another 15lbs of fat getting down to 275lbs. As I get to 275 I shall repeat the process.

so basically lose 15lbs between 2-3 months than try to get my lifts back to date while maintaining weight, than maintain my lifts and weight for about a month, than repeat the process till I get to about 250lbs

heres how I plan on doing so.

this is what I'm eatting everyday. I figure I wont change anything on what I'm eatting but I'll change more on my cardio and such*
    Meal1: waffles and milk with peanut butter (gotta have energy for work)
    Meal2: 2 mini slabs of bottom eye round steak (medium) with a potatoe and milk
    Meal3: 2 patties of ground beef (shaped as a hamburger) with a side veggie and milk
    Meal4: 1 chicken or salmon steak on the grill a veggie a fruit and oj
    Meal5: protein shake

I'm already pretty active I work (manual labor) and workout.

I believe this will take trial and error to obtain these goals, but I believe its very possible to lose all 60lbs that I want to lose and get down to around 250lbs while maintaining my lifts throughout the way.

Kind of like PIT stopping from cutting to make sure I get my gas and tires fixed so I can still continue to race. :smooch:

So the purpose of my posting this was to kind of let people know what I'm going for, and if anyone had any suggestions or comments towards this than please do so. Also it would make me feel good to get approval from others that this would work.
    Last edited by HulkArms747; 09-28-2004, 03:41 PM.
    aim: hulkarms747

Obsessive is a word the lazy made up to describe the dedicated.

Lift till someone runs over to your aid.

Fight the pain, Fight the weight. If I fight now, the war is already won. Than maybe later I'll lift a ton.

GOAL: BE BUFF WITH WHATEVER I WEAR

Uh...anyone want to comment on the diet?

OK..seriously, there's a few things that I'd probably cut from the diet right off the bat but you'd have a better idea (due to your workload) of how many calories you're burning per day and the good thing is you have plenty of things to cut down the road as the time comes.You didn't mention your cardio plan.What are you doing for that?
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

Your first meal looks like your mixing carbs, fats! I'd say dump the milk.

Are you using (lite) syrup on those waffles? Or butter. I haven't looked into lite syrup yet!

I think you may want to eat six meals a day, making the last two protein mainly.

Remember it's carb cutoffs AND cardio that helps you shed fat!

I looked quickly at this, sorry if I left anything out. And sorry for taking goodies out of the mix, but to get a little, you have to give a little.

Best of luck hulk
      jim
      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
      Good luck
      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

hulk, check out the waffles:

http://www.carb-counter.org/baked/search/Waffles/1800
        ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
        Good luck
        Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

please remember that I'm 308lbs. If I cut so much to fast I could lose more than desired including muscle mass. I plan on leaving the diet the same not because its low in anything, but because my body is at equalibrium with this type of daily caloric consumption. If I keep the diet the same and do lots of running I could indeed lose fat this way instead of cutting carbs (that can't always be counted). I'm not looking to lose 15lbs the first month nor the second. Roughly 2-4 months. I would need to lose 3-5lbs a month. Doesn't seem to hard. Thanks for the concern and the comments. I hope to get some more feedback.

If I feel my progress is hindered I will cutt, but for now I think I know my body in terms of caloric needs to keep this type of diet up for now. Other than that I was hoping to get some feed back on the concept of how I'm attempting to lose this fat and maintain as much muscle as possible, and if at all maintaining it all by doing this so called pit stops.

Feed Back!

Fight the pain, Fight the weight. If I fight now, the war is already won. Than maybe later I'll lift a ton.

Comment

JP...you really are the Martha Stewart of IntenseMuscle....Where do you find all this shit?.....LOL
            Massive G
            Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

I like your idea of coming down slowly....I agree with that....Also changing too many things at once is not preferable.....one change at a time is what I do....cut a few calories or add some sessions of cardio..give it a few weeks and reassess
              Massive G
              Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

Comment

Good Luck Bro, pay attention to what these guys tell you here .. put it all into practice .. and you will get to where you want to be !
                Stay Hard and Get Huge !

Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

Comment

Originally posted by FrigginHuge
                  JP...you really are the Martha Stewart of IntenseMuscle....Where do you find all this shit?.....LOL
                  Since she can't be with us, someone has to do it!

Hulk, these are just little changes that will help you towards your goals. Nothing too drastic!

good luck
                  jim
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Eating low glycemic meals throughout the day will help keep insulin levels under control. If you do not understand the importance of this, defintely read up on Insulin. It will greatly help you.
                    Good luck!

Comment

We do have a glycemic index/load chart in the health forum.....just do a search for it and it should come up

I thin the thread title is glycemic index and glycemic load of 750 foods...
                      [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                      Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Here is the thread-

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=4189
                        [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                        Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Originally posted by MacGyver
                          Eating low glycemic meals throughout the day will help keep insulin levels under control. If you do not understand the importance of this, defintely read up on Insulin. It will greatly help you.
                          Good luck!
                          yes I understand what you are saying without reading anything else. I've thought about this as well. insulin helps store fat, I've been watching my unatural sugars that I eat. Thanks for the advice

Comment

I also wanted to know what people thought about the concept of "pit stopping". Losing 15lbs than maintaining and recover whatever was lost exercise and muscle wise and than continue on my way for another 15lbs. 15lbs every 2-4 months. Losing 30lbs in 6 months would be an extreme accomlishment for me. I've seen people who lose to much weight in a year and they try to become fit again in less than a year who are 20% plus b/f and they have all this extra skin left and they feel its still fat and they exercise and exercise to try to lose thte weight, but they don't realize A it could be extra skin, or B their body has created an equalibrium to what they do each day to resume body weight. or C; both A, and B.
                            So losing 30lbs in 6 months would help me stay fit in my skin so to speak.

I plan on starting this program as soon as I reach my goals in all my lifts.

Comment

I'm no diet expert, but I don't understand the waffles; oatmeal would be better for providing sustained energy rather than just spiking your insulin and then crashing later.

Also, it doesn't look like that first meal has much protein in it, especially considering it's your first meal after 8 hours with no food. Unless you're drinking a gallon of milk, that is.

Comment

Working...
                              X