Time to focus on health

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to focus on health

the last few months i have been dealing with a constant stream of health/joint problems and it seems like as soon as one problem finally goes away another pops up. this has been very frustrating for me and it is getting me down.

i have decided to focus more on my general health and just accept that getting bigger is not worth the health problems and that my joints can no longer heavy low rep sets. as much as i love those heavy low rep sets of squats, deadlifts, and various presses my body just cant handle them anymore.

what i have started to do and plan on continuing is to eat healthier, train in a higher rep range, and do more intense cardio.

for diet i am thinking more fruits, veggies, leaner cuts of meat, less saturated and more healthy fats. for training i am doing 20+ RP on all exercises that i can rest pause and 12+ reps on the ones i can only straight set except deads. for cardio i am doing intervals for 30min three times a week at roughly 75-80% of my max heart rate.

i feel like a damn pansy but hopefully doing this shit will make me healthier. if you have any ideas on how i can improve this or just general input it would be really appreciated.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

good for u nemo we all reach that point sometime

GR03

Comment

Nemo, realizing how advanced you are, it's kind of hard trying to have you do a double check of your supplements, training, etc. OH well here goes, are you taking glutamine? Multi's or any other supps?
      Water and green tea intake up there?
      Are you wearing all the necessary equipment, pads, wraps, etc.
      I can't help but notice all the powerlifters at my gym use Bengay. (a good guess on my part)
      How are your warmups? long I'm sure!

Even though you are increasing your rep range, don't even think about feeling like a pansy, I'm sure it's weights that would absolutely crush me!

One more thing, when was your last cruise?

jim
      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
      Good luck
      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
      SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
      TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I'm with jim on this one. When was the last time you took time off. Some people need more then 2 week cruises to recover. I myself had to take three weeks for my elbows to feel better, but they did.

If training the new way is what you want, go for it bro, I'm behind you, BUT if it isn't take a break from the intensity and allow yourself to recover, then get back at it.

let us know
        Trueprotein.com

Troponin Athlete

Lana's EggWhites "Get Hard, Stay Hard"

Comment

i cruised from the middle of april until the end of august due to injury. i have very small joints (6.5" wrists) and i have taken to wrapping every one of them i can if i am training a bodypart where they come into play due to having injured every available joint in the past.
          It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Comment

Focusing on good health should be a priority period!!!....After all, what good is anything, without your health....Nothing else really matters without it!
            Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

:iagree:
              "The problem is not that there are problems. The problem is expecting otherwise and thinking that having problems is a problem." -
              Theodore Rubin

Mod @ Proactivehealthnet

Comment

Nemo-

Have you tried using glucosamine yet?

It may be helpful in joint maladies .
                [email protected] http://www.proactivehealthnet.com

" We know that to err is human, but the HIV/AIDS hypothesis is one hell of a mistake"
                Dr. Kary Mullis, Nobel Prize Winner in Chemistry for inventing the Polymerase Chain Reaction

"The fact is that you can not start off with bad science and end up with good medicine"

Comment

Nemo,
                  I understand where you're coming from. I've had ok results with the following items;
                  1. Avoid the lower rep monster weights in favor of the lighter weight higher rep scheme (ie: 15 to 20 reps vs the old 6-8).
                  2. Start pumping the glucosamine/chrondroitin/msm supplements (just cycle off once in a while due to the possiblity of insulin resistance from the glucosamine).
                  3. Capsasin cream for long term treatment of the more troublesome joints (seems to reduce the nerve's sensitivity).
                  4. When burned out or not feeling up to spec...take that as a rest day rather than trying to train that day.
                  5. Hit the antioxidants.
                  6. As already stated...wrap up the joints that are giving you the most trouble.
                  7. Try to reduce stress and manage cortisol (phosphatidylserine may help).
                  Just my .02
                  -JF
                  Last edited by Joint Fracture; 09-28-2004, 04:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X