Yates Deadlifts anyone??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yates Deadlifts anyone??

I am going to work these into my back thickeness routine. I totally forgot about this version of deadlifts, since for the longest time I was unable to properly deadlift (no chalk allowed, poor equipment). Now both of those things are a non issue, so I want to work them back in. For anyone wondering what they are, essentially a deadlift where only go down mid shin. It is basically a partial deadlift, or a rack deadlift but you keep the tension because youre not resting the bar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2v8HNL7xMs

So is this the same as a dimmel dead and a Romanian dead lift?
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Looks like a RDL to me.

Comment

Just learned what a Dimmel deadlift is, and yes same thing. RDL are different... more about pushing your ass back to stretch the ham strings and leaving little bend in the knee. Not the same.

Comment

I guess it is also called a snatch grip deadlift, a very effective movement for olympic lifters - for BB purposes it's pretty much a brutal trap killer deadlift. <3
          http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151004/qbpit24s.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Monsun View Post
            I guess it is also called a snatch grip deadlift, a very effective movement for olympic lifters - for BB purposes it's pretty much a brutal trap killer deadlift. <3
            A snatch grip deadlift is a deadlift with a super wide grip. You would still touch between reps. Not like a Dimel/Yates deadlift at all.
            The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Oh wait, mixed it up with Reeves Deadlifts, sorry. ^^
              http://fs5.directupload.net/images/151004/qbpit24s.jpg

Comment

Those snatch grip variations are on my list for tomorrow - have never tried them - maybe my traps can finally get some height!
                2013 NPC Heartland Classic OKC - 1st Men's Lightheavyweight Novice/Overall

Comment

What are the other thickness exercises you have in your rotation?

STRIVING TO BE THE BEST HUSBAND, FATHER, & FRIEND I CAN BE. BEING THE MOST JACKED WOULDNT HURT EITHER...:bb:

Comment

I am switching stuff up a tad for this new blast starting next week, my thickness exercises are like this:

-Reeves Deadlift to mid shin with shrug at to.
                    - Machine row (Bar to lower pec line)
                    -Incline bench supported dumbbell rows (pulling weight lower)

Comment

I like it, I'm going to rotate these in with the sumo deads I usually do.

Comment

doing deadlifts for about a month now, i started very light weight (120lbs). after doing a lot of research and watching videos, i can say my form is correct but every time i do deadlift my lower back back become stiff but it not sore or whatsoever its just stiff, is it ok to be tight and stiff right after doing deadlifts?

Comment

Working...
                        X