Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DC-Powerlifting-Volume..maybe back to DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC-Powerlifting-Volume..maybe back to DC?

I need the wisdom of the experts.

Short Back story:

35 next month
    192 lbs 13% BF
    on HRT as of 6 months ago
    crohn's disease (on zero meds)

I used the 2-way DC for 2 years about 5 years back, went through a divorce
    got into drug test-RAW powerlifting, did quite well, few injuries trained at 210lbs lifted as a 198'er did not use DC for this. best lift for those who care.. 451 Sqt, 301 bench, 517 DL ( shocking i'm so strong ...lol)

Stopped powerlifting and started the old school volume style body part splits lifting 4 days a week cardio daily.. I do look the best I ever have

BUT it's boring, no fun right now and I loved DC, lately I have been thinking about it more and more

Goal: the ever elusive 200lbs sub 12%

which path do I go if you were me?
    Stay volume style or get DC going again?
    Discount code BDM999
    By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

In my humble opinion, I personally asked this question of myself several months back. Kinda same boat, bored looking for the next avenue. I'd also had great success with DC. Did it for almost two years. Worked with Scott for about a year doing it and saw some amazing progress. So I thought why not go back to what I know. What I found and why I offer this opinion is that unless you're 100% in board mentally with yourself and DC then don't do it just because you're bored. You know the intensity it requires and, at least for me, because I was looking for the next step and not fully invested in it, I didn't have the right mindset going in and didn't do it justice. I wasn't pushing hard enough and found myself needing more work sets.

Fast forward. Did a 3 month beyond 5/3/1 type scheme to get some strength back and now starting the second week of Fortitude Training which I'm loving so far and fully invested in.

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Travis View Post
      In my humble opinion, I personally asked this question of myself several months back. Kinda same boat, bored looking for the next avenue. I'd also had great success with DC. Did it for almost two years. Worked with Scott for about a year doing it and saw some amazing progress. So I thought why not go back to what I know. What I found and why I offer this opinion is that unless you're 100% in board mentally with yourself and DC then don't do it just because you're bored. You know the intensity it requires and, at least for me, because I was looking for the next step and not fully invested in it, I didn't have the right mindset going in and didn't do it justice. I wasn't pushing hard enough and found myself needing more work sets.

Fast forward. Did a 3 month beyond 5/3/1 type scheme to get some strength back and now starting the second week of Fortitude Training which I'm loving so far and fully invested in.

Mike
      Thanks for the input
      If I went back I do know what it takes and would be fully vested
      DC is very much a mindset as much as a lifting program, it's 110% or nothing

Being older and with more reps under my belt I am a better lifter in the gym compared to when I started DC years ago
      Discount code BDM999
      By using Jerzey's code you will experience service that is unsurpassed, I take the guess work out of saving you money!

Comment

Guys that powerlift tend to do well on DC. ...you've already built the foundation.
        '17 USAPL Chicago Raw
        17 AAU Super Total
        '16-AAU Hi
        '15-USPA Metro
        '15-USPA State
        '15-AAU HI
        '14-AAU HI
        '14-USPA Metro
        '14-WABDL Sonny's
        '14-USPA State
        '14-HI Strongman
        '13-USPA
        '13-WABDL Sonny's
        '13-USPA State
        '13-AAU HI
        '11-USPA Metro
        '10-NPC Stingrey
        '09-NPC Islands
        '09-NPC Stingrey
        '09-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA Islands
        '02-ABA IronWorks
        '01-NPC Paradise Cup
        '01-ABA Olympia
        '01-ABA Islands
        '00-NPC Nat.Tri-State
        '00-INBF Musclefest
        '98-NGA Ill
        '98-INBF Ohio

Comment

Originally posted by trucelt View Post
          Guys that powerlift tend to do well on DC. ...you've already built the foundation.
          Wheeew! Yup DC, get into the 3way split. I love it.

Comment

So I hear there's this guy in Vegas who would love to lift. But he's going to the gym between 0530 and 0600 these days. If you want in, you have his cell...or you did...if you don't, turns out he's on this forum again.

Comment

Jerzey I'm not an expert but your bodyweight goal is only (not trying to make little of it) 8 pounds away...you can easily fix it with your eating/diet.
              It sounds like you miss the bodybuilding part of training. You mentioned how your looking the best you ever have. So yes we would of course recommend Dc training lol.
              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
              Good luck
              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Working...
              X