Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Dc widow maker techniques

Disclaimer this is a very advanced 3 way dc split question

This is prolly a question for Scott or obviously Dante but I wanted some input really from jus anyone with experience (like colab or mental etc..)

I want to say I at one time had read something posted about rotating widow makers especially on weak body part

The thread I'm thinking of may be triceps where homon had said try rotating through different widowmakers to spur some growth

I could be wrong about this...

And yes I understand that the point of a widowmaker is to have a movement you assrape repeatedly to gain results from over a period of time

That's why I'm posting this bc I remember distinctly in the David Henry video Dave specifically saying he rotated through his width widowmaker and logged them

I'm curious about this as to how someone would employ it
    Say maybe only rotate on a weak body part
    How many to rotate through
    Are there advanced techniques to enhance the effect of a widowmaker on lagging parts (such as the lateral machine technique)
    Perhaps I'm totally ass reamingly wrong and should delete every word I've uttered lol
    But I do believe I remember Scott posting something about rotating them in a tricep thread
    I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
    I too like to live dangerously

Also I apologize if I'm confused homon and you did not post such recfomendations

Comment

Not that I'm an expert, but I don't recall ever seeing that. I was/am under the impression that the whole point of non-leg WMs is to keep using the same exercise in order to force progression in weight and reps. I would think if you switch up exercises it would be more difficult to measure your progression from session to session.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Yes that's what was perplexing to me

I actually found the thread

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...t=48473&page=2

This was a specific thing for a guy who has beat the fuck outta all the basics

My problem may be that I suck at close grips and reverse grips
        Although I'm great at dips

I reckon I'll go ahead and beat the former to death a while

Comment

Originally posted by DC_catholic315 View Post
          Yes that's what was perplexing to me

I actually found the thread

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthr...t=48473&page=2

This was a specific thing for a guy who has beat the fuck outta all the basics

My problem may be that I suck at close grips and reverse grips
          Although I'm great at dips

I reckon I'll go ahead and beat the former to death a while
          Yeah, this was for a specific person. In fact, if you're not already pretty damn big, you shouldn't be on the 3-way split, anyway. :sammich:
          Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
          kind of a douche

Comment

My training DC has been messed with so much that I sometimes forget what is true DC and what is something I have tweaked for myself.

I have rotated widowmakers and I have used the same one on every different training day. I haven't seen much change between doing it one of those ways so I don't believe it matters much. Yes progression is the goal but more so for the rest pause sets. I simply do whatever allows the biggest pump for my widows and then stretch hard.

True Nutrition Discount: SRC745
            *2006 USAPL Washington State Powerlifting Championships- 1st, 14-16 age-148lb class -2nd Men's Open 148lb class
            •2x WABDL Worlds Runner Up - Teens 16-17 165lb
            *Former WABDL Teen 16-17 165lb World Record Bench Holder (Washington state record) of 396.6lbs

Comment

Working...
            X