Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First two combined DC type workouts

OK, let me know if I'm on track here.
    I am easing into this, even though I am on supplements, I have crappy recover time for major body parts
    Sunday - Legs, hacks - 3 warm up sets, one heavy set, failed at 6 or 7 with one spot.
    Dropped weight did 20 with several 'breathing breaks'.
    Leg curls, went up the stack, topped out, did two sets until 10 was last rep, then did stayed at stack for 8 -drop 2plates for 6, drop 2plates for 6, drop 2plates for 7, drop 2 plates for eight and could not get a ninth if I had to.
    Then did 2sets 45° calf sled (leaning down like donkey postition) and 2 sets seated until I couldn't move them
    Biceps -2 warm up std DB sets (40's), then preacher curl machine 90x10, 135x10, 90x10 - 5 - 3
    Triceps -2 warm up french curls of 75x15, then push downs 12 x 10, 12 x 9, 10 x 12 - 8 - 5

Today I did, Back thickness, width, chest, shoulders (damn 5am came early today)
    Rack deads 2 warm up sets of ten with 225 & 315 then 2 sets of 4 with 500, then a set of 10 with 405 (was toast after that)
    (warm up chest and shoulders with flyes and rotational exercises)
    Incline smith set of 10, up set of 10, up set of 10 - 6 - 4 with rest pause.
    Smith shoulder front presses, set of 10, up set of ten, stay there then 10-4-2
    Pulldowns (no way to do rack chins - no assistance) already warm did set of 10-6-4.
    My rest pause sets were to failure, then 15 breaths, unrack to failure, ten breaths, unrack to failure - done

I think I'm on the right track here for what I did DC style so far. Any Feedback is appreciated.

I will hit arms again and traps on Thursday. I will do a little different style workout for arms 4-8 sets total with med-high weight and lower reps. (6-10)
    I need to find my groove for arms and will do these two type exercises as the DC style Sunday did not even make them sore. (53" chest, 18" arms, it's sad)
    My best results seem to come from 2 x wk and 2 different schemes 1 heavy, 1 medium, or tendonitis gets me quick.

Food so far today:
    4:30am shake 25 g protein, 25 g dext/fruct, creatine, BCAA's
    6:00am shake 25 g protein, 25 g dext, creatine, BCAA's
    7:00am shake 80 g protein, 100 g carb, 6g fat, multi-v's and pill supps
    9:00am eggs, sausage, potatoes, fruit
    Last edited by ctgblue; 09-21-2004, 10:59 AM.
    Lift big 2 get big
    TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
    mod at bodybuilding.com
    mod at iron-forum.com
    mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
    So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
    "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
    Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Am I reading this wrong.. or are you doing both several sets and dropsets???
    If you are.. this is not even close to DC training.
    DC is 1 set for every muscle, Rest paused. That's it. Do the extreme stretch and move on to the next.

Comment

ctgblue,

Are you trying to incorporate some DC training principles into some other plan? If so, I can see some of the things you've pulled in.

If, however, you are trying to completely follow DC training as it's laid out, you are WAY off.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

FI - Today I did the warm up sets, then one rest pause set for everything except rack deads
        For quads I did the warm ups, one set heavy 6-10, then a widowmaker set of 20
        For hams, I had to do it drop set style, it's the only thing that works for me on ham curls - warmed up, went heavy, drop setted to complete failure. The stack is too light and it is impossible to add a DB because of the guards around the stack.
        Calves were straight sets to failure
        arms were warm ups and then one rest pause set to failure IE 10 - 6 - 4 means ten reps, rest, 6 reps, rest, 4 reps done

Am I totally off on this or am I close
        Now I am not trying to follow to the letter, but am trying to use as much as I've been able to find without being able to afford to hire DC
        Lift big 2 get big
        TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
        mod at bodybuilding.com
        mod at iron-forum.com
        mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.

Comment

That description made much more sense. Yes, that sounded alot better. But like you said, not to the letter, but close.

Comment

Okay, I figured my shorthand detail was lacking universal understanding in the first post.

Now, my goal here is to add weight and OR reps to the rest pause portion of the straight set / rest pause exercises. I get this

How about the quad exercise. Am I adding weight or reps to the heavy set, or trying to add weight to the 20 rep set, or both if possible???
            Lift big 2 get big
            mod at bodybuilding.com
            mod at iron-forum.com
            mod at melanoplanet.com

Comment

Originally posted by ctgblue
              How about the quad exercise. Am I adding weight or reps to the heavy set, or trying to add weight to the 20 rep set, or both if possible???
              Both. Whatever I use for my heavy set, I use 75% of that for my 20 repper. So, if the heavy set is going up in weight, so is the 20.
              CrossFit Champions
              Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by ctgblue
                I always try to add weight on both. You should be doing this movement last also, this way once its done, you can puke and then go home! :flex:
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I'll give it a shot
                  I am getting used to the hacks, I was doing std squats this way with SLD's and it was taking me 4 or 5 days to be able to walk again. (like I said, no matter how much test, my recovery sucks) At least my knees aren't bugging me yet. Hmmm could it be the deca??????
                  So I'm gonna give hacks a try and I think I'll go back to sldl's for the hams/glutes.
                  I usually do legs first, then take a 5-10 minute break and hit arms.
                  I'm waiting for the wife to get done anyway and I can't seem to put everything into quads unless I hit them first.
                  Lift big 2 get big
                  mod at bodybuilding.com
                  mod at iron-forum.com
                  mod at melanoplanet.com

Comment

Does everybody do one set of 8-10 reps to failure, rest, then do a 20 repper to failure? I just do one RP 20 rep set and thought that was the correct way to do things, so correct me if I am wrong here.
                    What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

For Quads, the idea is
                      A couple of warms up sets until you can handle a heavy set of 4-8, then a 20 repper.
                      Otherwise, a couple of warm up sets and one all out set, but only RP if using Smith, hack, or leg press.
                      Everything requires a few warm up sets.
                      It's not just "jump in and do one rest pause set"
                      Warm up the joints and muscles so you can really hit the weight necessary to break you down.
                      Lift big 2 get big
                      mod at bodybuilding.com
                      mod at iron-forum.com
                      mod at melanoplanet.com

Comment

I don't RP quads but do for leg curls, calves, and other things like that. Does DC reccomend the lower set followed by a 20-repper? I didn't think so, but maybe I am wrong. I mean, if you do a set of 4-8 reps to failure, then what's the point in doing a 20 rep set to failure? Isn't that really 2 sets to failure, plus pyramiding up sets to a 1-rep max?
                        What really happened to Abe Lincoln - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQtzryVP1BA

Comment

Quoted from the DC Training sticky at the top of this forum.

"My legs are a strong bodypart and I allow people with good legs to go with one straight set only--but if your quads are playing catchup to the rest of the body, then you must do a heavy set of 4-8 reps followed after a rest by a "good god I freaking hate Doggcrapp" 20 reps set. Those quads will catch up in size pronto"

95% of the answers are in the stickies, guys.
                          CrossFit Champions
                          Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Originally posted by The Munster
                            95% of the answers are in the stickies, guys.
                            very true

Comment

Working...
                            X