Whey question and query about DC STICKY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whey question and query about DC STICKY

The reason I dont see a protein shake as a quick "protein fix" while you are out is becasue I HEARD (could be mistaken) that in liquid form, whey and creatine breaks down too quickly. So as I learnt half of what I now know from the infamous BB.com website, where half the information is controversial anyway, I thought Id cross reference it with you guys.

Say I had a milk/oats/whey shake, blended it, and stored it at work in a fridge----would it still be "useful"?

Extract from DC sticky:""BICEPS: preacher bench barbell curl RP for 14 reps and 30 second static
    FOREARMS: hammer curls straight set for 15 reps (then stretches for biceps)
    CALVES: on hack squat straight set for 10-12 reps but with a 20 second negative phase
    HAMSTRINGS: Cybex hamstring press (pressing with heels up top) RP for 20 reps
    QUADS: hack squat --a brutal set for 10 reps (My legs are a strong bodypart and I allow people with good legs to go with one straight set only--but if your quads are playing catchup to the rest of the body, then you must do a heavy set of 4-8 reps followed after a rest by a "good god I freaking hate Doggcrapp" 20 reps set. Those quads will catch up in size pronto
    Then stretches for quads and hams""

I was just looking through the Stickys, great motivation, then realised should there not be a forearm stretch in there?!
    "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Yo rack, for the first part of the question, i don't know the exact science of protein denaturation while kept in liquid form, but i would do what you're doing personally too.

Next, the forearm stretch, i do it. However, i think its optional. Just like back width and back thickness. Some people stretch after back width before proceeding to thickness while some stretch only after both exercises. I like the tightness i get from doing 2 stretches instead of one, thats why i go ahead.
    Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

About the shake.. yes, Whey is absorbed quickly.. but that can be remedied if you for example blend it with Olive oil or Flaxseed oil. Fat slows protein absorbation down.

Comment

protien starts to breakdown in water after 8.5 minutes---just mix it at time of drinking, i put it in baggies and allways have a gallon of water handy
        im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

Comment

I agree with Berkshire. I use the little ziplock bags. You can take them anywhere. Also, get a 2 litre soda bottle, and simply cut it off right above the label. The top half makes an awesome funnel that lets you pour your powder into pretty much anything. Whatever plastic that soda bottles are made of, it sure lets protein powder slide right off of it, with none sticking to the sides.
          Nothing is so strong as gentleness. Nothing so gentle as real strength

The wolf is not just an animal,but something inside you that makes you want to fight back,to come back, to be whole again

WOLF He stands alone always watchful, ever vigilant
          His stature brings us courage and pride
          He guards that which is most precious to us
          The pathway to our souls

Comment

Originally posted by berkshirebody
            .... to breakdown in water after 8.5 minutes

lol, dude your a miniture einstein :albert:

cheers people, cheers for the quick responses
            "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

Working...
            X