Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low libido, tired, insomnia, not making any more gains, etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low libido, tired, insomnia, not making any more gains, etc.

Hey guys, been doing DC since February. Im 34 years old and my BF is around 20%. I'm natty and have never done gear.

Was making good gains in size and strength for the first couple months.

Went from 217lbs to around 242lbs, where I have been stuck for about 2 months.

Everytime I would reach this bodyweight, I would get sick (cold, flu) and then lose a few pounds, and eventually gain it back. This happened 3 or 4 times.

Recently, I took a 3 week cruise where I did nothing but cardio (hiit swimming for 20 minutes, 4-5 times a week) and cut back on my total calories and carbs.

Surprisingly, I was able to hold my weight above 240 after the cruise and haven't gotten sick since then.

However now that I'm in my 3rd week of a new blast, I cant get past 242lbs and am starting to get insomnia and low energy/libido. Not sure if its CNS stress, adrenal fatigue, or what.

Wanted to check here first, before straying from DC.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, especially from you veterans and the man himself.

Swimming smashes your nervous system like no other.

I used to swim in high school, and your HIIT is anything like what we did, you are burning a lot of calories.

Im not saying thats the main problem cuz i dont know much about your hormones and wouldnt be able to contribute much even if i did but swimming HIIT is very hard on the CNS and our workouts didnt consist of HIIT everyday, even for sprinters.
    Calipso
    Lightweight Member
    Last edited by Calipso; 06-28-2015, 12:34 PM.

Comment

A couple thoughts:
      1) It sounds like you might have been a little too rough on your cruise. You're supposed to focus on rest and recuperation during a cruise, and you were doing a lot of HIIT cardio, in addition to dropping calories. That cruise might have been significantly less restful than you thought, which would make you crash much earlier into a blast like it seems you are.
      2) Double-check the usual suspects: diet, amount of sleep, carb intake, general stress levels, etc. to make sure something's not off.
      3) Could it be other emotional reasons? Like feeling depressed from some life events or such.

I think if I were in your case, I'd take a 1-2 week (give or take) cruise with only small amounts of low-intensity cardio and keep eating hard during that time. That way you can *really* focus on resting up your body and CNS for the next blast.
      Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
      kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        A couple thoughts:
        1) It sounds like you might have been a little too rough on your cruise. You're supposed to focus on rest and recuperation during a cruise, and you were doing a lot of HIIT cardio, in addition to dropping calories. That cruise might have been significantly less restful than you thought, which would make you crash much earlier into a blast like it seems you are.
        2) Double-check the usual suspects: diet, amount of sleep, carb intake, general stress levels, etc. to make sure something's not off.
        3) Could it be other emotional reasons? Like feeling depressed from some life events or such.

I think if I were in your case, I'd take a 1-2 week (give or take) cruise with only small amounts of low-intensity cardio and keep eating hard during that time. That way you can *really* focus on resting up your body and CNS for the next blast.

Sammich, forgot to say thanks for your sage advice.

Took some time off from the gym. Just been doing some daily walking and I already feel better. Been doing some qi gong and breathing exercises before bed as well. Yes #3 has been an issue for me over the past couple years so taking some down time has let me balance things a bit psychologically.

Gonna hit the gym again next week. Joining a new one here in bangkok at a super high end hotel so the new environment will be refreshing. Hope to get to 250lbs by xmas at the latest.

Thanks again. :yo:

Comment

Glad you are doing better! When you do start training again, go easy, lighten the weight a little and avoid intensification techniques for awhile as well.

Comment

Try shifting gears and diet down into the 11-13% range. Sounds like your body is fighting anymore weight gain for now. I've learned to go with the flow now.
            "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

Originally posted by bad rad View Post
              Try shifting gears and diet down into the 11-13% range. Sounds like your body is fighting anymore weight gain for now. I've learned to go with the flow now.
              Well, he can't shift too hard. Dieting and cardio and weight training, for me at least, when I'm dieting hard, sends my libido down. Hard dieting wears on the system.

Comment

At 20% BF I have had many of the same symtoms he listed. Once I drop the BF and get my cardio up I feel and gain better.
                "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

You also may want to get your t levels checked.
                  ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                  Good luck
                  Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                  SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                  TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by doug1 View Post
                    Glad you are doing better! When you do start training again, go easy, lighten the weight a little and avoid intensification techniques for awhile as well.
                    Thanks for the advice. Yes I will take it slow the first week.

Comment

Originally posted by bad rad View Post
                      At 20% BF I have had many of the same symtoms he listed. Once I drop the BF and get my cardio up I feel and gain better.
                      Thanks. Yes I also feel that getting a bit more lean will help.

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul View Post
                        You also may want to get your t levels checked.
                        Thanks Jim. Are we talking thyroid or testosterone?
                        esaitta3
                        Last edited by esaitta3; 07-19-2015, 01:26 AM.

Comment

I was thinking test levels as those are some of the possible symptoms.
                          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                          Good luck
                          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                          SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                          TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

T levels do have an effect. My libido has been off for a while. Mine test levels are extremely low. With a range of 348-1197, my test serum level was 276 but the military won't cover test replacement. However, my IGF-1 level was really high. My level was 270 with a range of 75-216. I'm trying to naturally raise my test levels, lifting basic and heavy...but it really hasn't helped the overall self confidence levels. Any suggestions guys?

Comment

Originally posted by robecru View Post
                              T levels do have an effect. My libido has been off for a while. Mine test levels are extremely low. With a range of 348-1197, my test serum level was 276 but the military won't cover test replacement. However, my IGF-1 level was really high. My level was 270 with a range of 75-216. I'm trying to naturally raise my test levels, lifting basic and heavy...but it really hasn't helped the overall self confidence levels. Any suggestions guys?
                              What was your free test levels? Try some Natural stuff DAA(not sure if that's the in thing anymore) Tribulus, Eurycoma Longjack(sp?), I'm not sure what is used anymore as I'm on TRT.

Comment

Working...
                              X