Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not ready for DC so what routine is best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not ready for DC so what routine is best?

What routine is best for someone not ready for dc?

Tons of routines out there, there is no "one best." Just consistent and note the changes in your physique and strength with each program and cling to aspects of each program that seem work best for you.

If you plan on trying DC, add in some rest-pausing and even a widowmaker for legs every once in a while to the feel of DC.

Check out some of the guy's journals here and ask questions about their programs.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

What are you doing now?

Comment

i agree with mentalflex, i too am recently getting back into lifting after a 1 1/2 year hiatus. i went back and read somewhere where dante said to follow a dc setup but only perform 2 straight sets (normal rest times like 2-3 minutes between) and do 2 exercises per body part and add weight to it like he suggest (5-10lbs per session). he also said that the widowmaker counts as the 2nd exercise for the quads. thats what i'm currently doing while i wait to get enough time under my belt/get strong enough for real doggcrapp.

Comment

In whatever routine you decide to use, it would benefit you to keep a log/journal of your routine and weights. Heck even how many meals you had before your workout etc.
          Bodyweight, date of the workout.
          Anything to be able to look back on to learn from.
          To see how much you've progressed with this workout, exercises.
          I wish I had done it when I first started!
          ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
          Good luck
          Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
          SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
          TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Where is the post? Please send me
            Originally posted by trulysmoked View Post
            i agree with mentalflex, i too am recently getting back into lifting after a 1 1/2 year hiatus. i went back and read somewhere where dante said to follow a dc setup but only perform 2 straight sets (normal rest times like 2-3 minutes between) and do 2 exercises per body part and add weight to it like he suggest (5-10lbs per session). he also said that the widowmaker counts as the 2nd exercise for the quads. thats what i'm currently doing while i wait to get enough time under my belt/get strong enough for real doggcrapp.

Comment

You are Hongogrimes on ProMuscle........I knew I sensed something..............
              It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

My best guess would be to start in the stickies in the DoggPound Forum.

It took me less than 60 seconds to find it.

Skip

Originally posted by Hongodc View Post
                Where is the post? Please send me

Facebook: Skip Hill
                Instagram: @intensemuscle
                YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                  My best guess would be to start in the stickies in the DoggPound Forum.

It took me less than 60 seconds to find it.

Skip

Now that I realized who he is, he's a serial magic routine searcher.............
                  It's difficult to work out too hard, it's easy to work out too long.............

Comment

I'm referring to Hongodc, not the OP.

Comment

Originally posted by Dens228 View Post
                      I'm referring to Hongodc, not the OP.
                      hey bro, sorry, you re right! , I understand that I am quite annoying looking for the perfect routine, but I am a while ago with the routine of phil hernon and reading DC I understood several things.
                      1- Dante in his stick posts, mentions that if you do not improve the movement or very slow improvements you have to change it (it happens with the bench press, I improve every 4 weeks just a repetition and I am not an advanced lifter) 460 lbs DL / 350 lbs SQ / 260 lbs BP (78kg BW)
                      2-The movements are adapted to one, now I understand the plateau in some exercises, I do them twice a week and week after week, this is counterproductive, that's why in DC there is a constant variation and then a rest (blast & cruise)
                      3- I want to continue for a long time a routine and keep up with her, I used to constantly vary and now I want to be solid with the whole year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dens228 View Post

Now that I realized who he is, he's a serial magic routine searcher.............
                        "dante:Just to clarify you rotate 3 exercises for "said bodypart" and you take each exercise up to your limit strengthwise. One of the worst things you can do is try to milk an exercise for a rep here or there for months at a time, thats slow motion. As soon as you get to that strength plateau switch to a new exercise that you feel is key to your body type and annihilate it" this is i talk

Comment

Working...
                        X