Injury related question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Injury related question

I've been a Dcer for 5+ years and have been blessed with limited injuries during that time other than the nagging muscle strain, tendinitis, sprain etc. I am as of the last couple weeks dealing with some interesting issues. My right shoulder has been nagging me for quite awhile rotator cuff assuming, then a few weeks ago I went a little to heavy on a chest incline DB press shoulder couldnt take the increase in weight and gave out. So I rested for a week or so got back to chest day and was super weak, recently as of last week my right pec is not flexing or working as normal and considerably weaker than other side. Shoulder feels better after doing rotator cuff specific exercises. The right pec is the issue, ive talked to a few long time lifters at the gym I go to and one said it could be nerve related, pinched nerve or something of that sort. Im just wondering if anyone here has delt with shoulder issues then weak pectoral muscle on one side which barely flexes. any advice would help, i am thinking of going to accupunture, just want to get more insight as to if this is something I can work through or need to see a doctor.
    thanks

I dealt with a similar feeling starting in June of this year. I just found out recently after an MRI that it is a stress fracture in my collar bone, arthritis and cartilage degeneration in my shoulder and collar bone/sternum joint . The only different symptoms was that It felt like something strange was going on at my collar bone/sternum attachment, like bone on bone or something. I had general weakness, pain and at first it would make my heart race just loading my shoulder girdle, even during squats.

If you have decent insurance just see a doc and request an mri so they can see what's causing it.
    2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
    2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
    2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

what was your recovery time and gym time after finding out.

Comment

I just finally got my mri a couple weeks ago. Had referral issues, then they only did my shoulder and not my chest so had to wait for a second mri. I was given celebrex and told to rest for around 6 weeks. Then some physical therapy possibly. Not doing a very good job resting it but the celebrex is masking it well and pec and delts are firing better.
        2014 KC All Star Championships 5th novice mw
        2015 KC All Star Championships 3rd open mw, 3rd masters 40+
        2016 Branch Warren 1st masters 40+, 3rd open mw

Comment

If it's legal there find a physical therapist that can do dry needling. I've run the gamut with shoulder issues and it's always something different, from strains to locked muscle that pulled my joints out of alignment.
          "Good people sleep peacefully in their beds at night, only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Comment

I have a few good massotherapists near me and usually they can figure it out or at least head me in the right direction if need be.

Hopefully you can find out what's going on. In the meantime I'd suggest to not work out at all until then...Better to not workout for a few weeks as opposed to being seriously injured for months.

Good Luck and get well
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

I agree, you need to get an MRI. Now, my personal experience, if you have a tear/partial tear, I would suggest looking into Platelet Rich Plasma therapy. (PRP) They have made big strides with this and are now using your own body fat and stem cells to help heal the injury. I'm also big on going to a Chiropractor and have recently been having the Graston Technique done on some troubled areas. Once that shoulder is healed enough and you are cleared to start training again, lightly, I would suggest using a bamboo bar for your pressing movements. Just take your time and don't get carried away with it to fast.
              Its not the size of the hammer, its the size of the man holding the hammer.

Comment

First and foremost get an MRI! Trust me, I've had 3 shoulder surgeries, the sooner you get it repaired the better.
                -KidRok-
                "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....light=shoulder
                  -KidRok-
                  "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
                  5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

I have major shoulder issues on the right side, too.
                    So here what helps me right now:

1.) Training chest and back together for balancing the shoulder girdle
                    2.) Only DB on pressing. No BB.
                    3.) No side laterals. A lot of stuff for rear delts.
                    4.) Shoulder and bicep stretches every day.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X