Advanced template/3-way split

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced template/3-way split

Hello, can any advanced DC'ers out there provide information on the 3-way program? I did a quick search but didn't find much so any links would be appreciated.

A little about me:
    24, 5'9, ~260 (17% bf)

I've been grinding away at the 2-way split for a bit now and feel like it may be a good time for me to bring up my weaker body parts and with the weights I'm now pushing I think I could do with the extra recovery afforded by the 3-way split.

Thanks

Originally posted by OdenSon View Post
    Hello, can any advanced DC'ers out there provide information on the 3-way program? I did a quick search but didn't find much so any links would be appreciated.

A little about me:
    24, 5'9, ~260 (17% bf)

I've been grinding away at the 2-way split for a bit now and feel like it may be a good time for me to bring up my weaker body parts and with the weights I'm now pushing I think I could do with the extra recovery afforded by the 3-way split.

Thanks
    There is a reason the information on the 3 way is not widely available... Too much information you'll have people that never even tried DC using it and a mish-mash of information with folks getting the two mixed up.

You can consult with Homonunculus, as he is the official DC trainer and he can provide you with assistance on the 3-way split.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I sent away a PM, thank you.

Comment

No need to PM me. Nothing secret here, really:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19724

For advanced bodybuilders (and with that I'm talking very elite bodybuilders and extremely strong people) I sometimes go with the following

monday=chest shoulders triceps
        tuesday=biceps forearms backwidth backthickness
        thursday=calves hams quads
        friday-repeat of mondays bodyparts
        monday-repeate of tuesdays bodyparts
        tuesday-repeat of thursdays bodyparts

This way bodyparts are hit twice every 9 days or so and I can work on advanced bodybuilders lagging bodyparts somewhat better with this split.
        -S
        The Book Has Arrived!
        The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
        2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
        2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by homonunculus View Post
          No need to PM me. Nothing secret here, really:

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=19724

-S
          I felt it was better to not get into a discussion about what bodyparts to do WMs with, what exercises should be used as WMs.... etc... Felt if it was going to go that route, a Q and A session with you would be the best option
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
            I felt it was better to not get into a discussion about what bodyparts to do WMs with, what exercises should be used as WMs.... etc... Felt if it was going to go that route, a Q and A session with you would be the best option
            Thanks, my friend.

This is out there on the board, so it's definitely not a mystery. I very often have folks do all the searching they can before hiring me b/c I'd hate to have someone hire me and then find that they regret it b/c they could have simply spent 30min searching through logs to get most of the same info.

(I do thank you for looking out, MF - seriously. )

-S
            The Book Has Arrived!
            The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Slightly unrelated question but in the post about the 3 way split Dante talks about hitting lagging body parts easier. I am about to finish my second blast and I was wondering how to bring up lagging body parts when I start my next blast while doing the 2 way split? I'm seeing great gains everywhere except for biceps.
              The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by sampsellta View Post
                Slightly unrelated question but in the post about the 3 way split Dante talks about hitting lagging body parts easier. I am about to finish my second blast and I was wondering how to bring up lagging body parts when I start my next blast while doing the 2 way split? I'm seeing great gains everywhere except for biceps.
                I've read EVERY single thread and post by Dante.
                This info IS on the board 100%... search.

Here's a little hint and example that does answer your question. Underhanded grip back movements
                Hartley
                Intense Muscle Competitor
                Last edited by Hartley; 11-30-2014, 10:31 PM. Reason: wrong guy

Comment

Thanks for the feedback hartley. I'll definitely try the underhand grip. I'm gonna do the search right now but what about accessory movements? I'm sure I'm still too much of a DC novice for this but just looking for some advice.
                  fat TODD
                  Bantamweight Member
                  Last edited by fat TODD; 11-30-2014, 10:52 PM.
                  The average silverback gorilla in the wild is between 5'7 and 5'11, and weighs between 298 and 397 pounds (according to wikipedia). Why not shoot for that?

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Originally posted by Hartley View Post
                    I've read EVERY single thread and post by Dante.
                    This info IS on the board 100%... search.

Here's a little hint and example that does answer your question. Underhanded grip back movements
                    In fact, while scrolling up to search, if one looks in this thread there might even be a useful link... LOL

-S
                    The Book Has Arrived!
                    The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Thanks homonunculus, I've read that sticky a few times but I guess I can still learn something from it.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Thanks homonunculus, I've read that sticky a few times but I guess I can still learn something from it.
                        Did you read the part where he outlines the 3 way split?...

-S
                        The Book Has Arrived!
                        The Book Has Arrived!

www.TrueNutrition.com

Comment

Do you mean like what you posted above? Because I don't think I'm quite ready to do a 3 way split. Also, I was reading more into that sticky last night and I saw about how they talked about widow makers, isolations, and static holds to bring up lagging body parts. I already do static holds on most rest pause things. But MentalFlex said to not use the widow makers with isolation movements unless you are the size of David Henry or Dusty Hanshaw because it might create muscular imbalances. So for now, I think I will just stick to the program as it is laid out and let it do its magic and hope that the lagging body parts will gain some mass in upcoming blasts. Thanks for the all the help guys.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Do you mean like what you posted above? Because I don't think I'm quite ready to do a 3 way split. Also, I was reading more into that sticky last night and I saw about how they talked about widow makers, isolations, and static holds to bring up lagging body parts. I already do static holds on most rest pause things. But MentalFlex said to not use the widow makers with isolation movements unless you are the size of David Henry or Dusty Hanshaw because it might create muscular imbalances. So for now, I think I will just stick to the program as it is laid out and let it do its magic and hope that the lagging body parts will gain some mass in upcoming blasts. Thanks for the all the help guys.
                            Don't worry about widowmakers for other bodyparts until you are on the 3-way. When on the 3 way you should have developed sufficient muscular size to determine where the TRUE weaknesses are.

Conceptually one would not move to a 3-way split until they have had several years of experience training very hard and have added a good amount of muscle to the point where one could see where imbalances exist. Many, myself included, just need size all over and placing more emphasis on certain areas before one can truly determine where the imbalances are can actually create more imbalances.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thanks Mental. Sorry if I misinterpreted/misquoted you. I'm in the "just need size all over" boat so I'm just sticking to the 2-way split until I put more mass on. I will worry about lagging body parts when I'm much larger.

-LoRez from T Nation

Comment

Working...
                              X