DC training log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC training log

Hello everyone. Im Mauro, 26 years old... been training on and off since 2006 but in 2012 I got serious about training and nutrion. I have done various programs during the last couple of years but I feel like they never worked like I expected so Ive been researching the last month about dc traning and seems like the perfect program to add mass which is my goal.
    here's a log ive made and I would like to get some feedback and opinions about it. I'm 150lb aprox 15% bf (never got a specific test, just an aprox).
    My best bodyparts I feel are legs and chest. I would like more mass on my back, shoulders and arms...
    thanks everyone beforehand for the help.

ps. I live in venezuela now (im italian) and things are getting pretty hard here, life is very expensive and some basic foods are hard to find most of the time so any help to reach my goals will be highly appreciated.

heres the routine
    CHEST
    1 Incline barbell presses 11-15 rest-pause
    3 Hammer Strength incline presses 11-15 rest-pause
    5 decline barbell presses 11-15 rest-pause

SHOULDERS
    1 machine presses 11-20 rest-pause
    3 behind the back 11-15 rest-pause
    5 db presses 11-20 rest-pause

TRICEPS
    1 Close-grip bench presses 11-20 rest-pause
    3 skullcrushers 15-30 rest-pause
    5 Machine dips 11-20 rest-pause

BACK (WIDTH)
    1 Hammer Strength pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause
    3 Front wide-grip pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause
    5 Close-grip pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause

BACK (THICKNESS)
    1 T-bar rows 10-12
    3 Rack deadlifts 6-9 + 9-12
    5 machine rows 6-9 + 9-12

"B" WORKOUTS

BICEPS
    2 Barbell curls 11-20 rest-pause
    4 preacher curls 11-20 rest-pause
    6 Seated dumbbell curls 11-20 rest-pause

FOREARMS
    2 bb reverse curls 10-20
    4 Hammer curls 10-20
    6Barbell wrist curls 10-20

CALVES* 10/15sec hold at the bottom
    2 Leg-press 10-12
    4 standing calf raises 10-12
    6 Seated calf raises 10-12

HAMSTRINGS
    2 Lying leg curls 15-30 rest-pause
    4 Sumo leg presses (feet high and wide, 15-25
    press with heels)
    6 Seated leg curls 15-30 rest-pause

QUADRICEPS
    2 leg press 4-8 + 20
    4 Hack squats 4-8 + 20
    6 smith machine squat 4-8 + 20

Hey Mauro,

Did you check out this thread?...

http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=32599

-S
    The Book Has Arrived!
    The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
    2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
    2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

thanks for your reply. I've checked out that thread before opening this... i know it needs 3 years minimum of lifting but everything Ive read so far looks like the perfect program with the right amount of volume, frequency and intensity... i plan to start it on january after a 2 week deload. if u think this program is not right for me I would take ur advice... but what program can I run for the next year till im ready for dc?? any help would be highly appreciated cause Ive made improvement but still didnt got the kind of mass im looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by xmaurohcx View Post
        thanks for your reply. I've checked out that thread before opening this... i know it needs 3 years minimum of lifting but everything Ive read so far looks like the perfect program with the right amount of volume, frequency and intensity... i plan to start it on january after a 2 week deload. if u think this program is not right for me I would take ur advice... but what program can I run for the next year till im ready for dc?? any help would be highly appreciated cause Ive made improvement but still didnt got the kind of mass im looking for.
        IMO, 150lbs at 15% bodyfat shows you really haven't been busting ass in the gym.... it you were 300 pounds at 15% bodyfat it would be a different story... but that shows you really haven't dedicated yourself to heavy progressive overload training and a nutritional strategy commensurate with your goals...

Train progressively for another year or two, beating your logbook in every session, and then dabble in DC.

Why do you feel other programs never worked for you? Could it be that you just never pushed hard enough for them to work or never ate sufficient food to make them work?

Pictures are a good judge to see how far you've come in your training and your level of development. If you've been training hard for the past two years you should have developed a solid foundation evident in your physique...
        mentalflex
        ISOM Winner February 2012
        Last edited by mentalflex; 11-19-2014, 12:00 PM.
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

I will upload pics in the evening when I get back home... Im not sure is 15% bf maybe it could be a lot less... I ve increased my mass in the last couple of years but not the great change I was hoping but that maybe is normal cause im natural. If i would have been 300lb with 15% bf I would probably be already a beast and not searching a way to be even more bigger haha

Comment

EDIT: AFTER GIVING THIS SOME MORE THOUGHT I'M CHANGING MY STANCE AND POST ON THIS....

Menta as well as the Admin make some valid points! You would benefit from following a progressive strength training program I believe.
            Question is, is DC Training right for you at this point in your life? It might be able to be argued back and forth. I believe only you know the answer! It takes tremendous dedication and willpower to stick to it as sometimes it can be very difficult.

Food is really important when it comes to putting on muscle.

HERE IS WHAT YOU SAID XMAUROHCX:

"ps. I live in venezuela now (im italian) and things are getting pretty hard here, life is very expensive and some basic foods are hard to find most of the time so any help to reach my goals will be highly appreciated."

Will you be able to eat every 2.5 to 3 hours. Good proteins and carbs or fats?
            Food might be the hardest part of any muscle building program for you.
            If you are serious about putting on muscle you will have to find the way to be able to eat enough.

ALSO....

Being able to have 3-5 or so exercises to choose from. 3 originally and then some others to fall back on if you fail twice. Let's not forget when it comes time that you have to beat your previous weights or reps even though your mind or body tries to tell you that you can't do it. You have to be stubborn and not listen to them lol.

I'm not trying to scare you I'm being honest as I can.

Whatever you decide we will help you and back you up!
            We're just looking out for your best interest and health!

Please respond to me so I will know that you have at least read what I wrote.

Let us know what you want to do.
            Eat up!!
            Best of Luck!
            jimpaul
            Last edited by jimpaul; 11-20-2014, 03:27 AM.
            ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
            Good luck
            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
            SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
            TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

thank you so much for your reply jim, I actually have been thinking about it and at this time I want to get even more serious about training and nutrion and that's the reason I wanted to try DC since looks like a solid program with solid principle of training and its something ive never done before. so willpower and dedication its not my problem right now haha
              Things are hard here right now but Im willing to put the effort in nutrition as well.
              I plan to follow this diet

Breakfast
              3 whole eggs
              oats pancakes (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 whole milk, 1 whole egg)
              1 slice mozzarella cheese

Lunch / preworkout
              200gr red meat, chicken or turkey
              1/2 cup cooked pasta
              1/2 cup cooked lentils, chickpeas, peas or beans
              1 teaspoon olive oil

Post Workout
              25gr protein from whey 0 carbs
              1 banana
              30gr oats

Dinner
              1 cup rice, pasta or potatoes
              1 teaspoon olive oil
              salad

Pre Bed snack
              1oz peanuts

probably will add more food especially protein. looks any good?

Also I always make sure to get minimum 8 hours of sleep at night.

Comment

You going to post those pics you stated you would post?

I won't add tot his discussion, but the decision is your whether or not you want to do DC, but the reason more experienced trainees are successful with DC is that they understand their bodies better, understand rep ranges and how to use them, know the exercises that work best for them, are willing to push their limits when it comes to intensity and nutrition and have a mindset that takes years of grinding away to develop... If you choose to do DC, good luck, but if you get subpar results, you'll know why...
                mentalflex
                Last edited by mentalflex; 11-20-2014, 10:49 AM.
                Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

imageshack.com/i/kqyYn1qLj

imageshack.com/i/hlbhrsEZj

not so great quality and light but it gives an idea... took them after breakfast currently on a deload week... will try to upload some better ones later in the day.

ps. add the www . before the url since I dont have 20 posts and cant post images or links.
                  xmaurohcx
                  Last edited by xmaurohcx; 11-20-2014, 11:10 AM.

Comment

imageshack.com/i/kqyYn1qLj

imageshack.com/i/hlbhrsEZj

not so great quality and light but it gives an idea... took them after breakfast currently on a deload week... will try to upload some better ones later in the day.

ps. add the www . before the url since I dont have 20 posts and cant post images or links.
                    Consider grinding away for more time training progressively.... Not going to tell you what to do as I said earlier...

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

thank you so much for your reply jim, i actually have been thinking about it and at this time i want to get even more serious about training and nutrion and that's the reason i wanted to try dc since looks like a solid program with solid principle of training and its something ive never done before. So willpower and dedication its not my problem right now haha
                      things are hard here right now but im willing to put the effort in nutrition as well.
                      I plan to follow this diet

breakfast
                      3 whole eggs
                      oats pancakes (1/2 cup oats, 1/2 whole milk, 1 whole egg)
                      1 slice mozzarella cheese

lunch / preworkout
                      1/2 cup cooked pasta
                      1/2 cup cooked lentils, chickpeas, peas or beans
                      1 teaspoon olive oil

post workout
                      25gr protein from whey 0 carbs
                      1 banana
                      30gr oats

dinner
                      1 cup rice, pasta or potatoes
                      1 teaspoon olive oil
                      salad

pre bed snack
                      1oz peanuts

probably will add more food especially protein. Looks any good?

Also i always make sure to get minimum 8 hours of sleep at night.
                      No need to thank me but you can thank Dante as it's his program who has helped most of us!

i can only give basic advice about eating. We either eat protein and carbs or protein and fats and never both.
                      Try to keep out the carbs and fats at night before bed.
                      Try to eat 6 meals at 1-1.5 grams protein per pound of bodyweight daily split into those 6 meals. Weigh yourself only at the exact time of day one month apart (no sooner). I prefer to do it in the morning after a b.m. (bathroom lol)...that way there is no food in my system as far as i know lol.
                      When you weigh yourself decide if you are gaining too much fat or not gaining enough bodyweight/muscle and adjust your diet if needed.
                      There is plenty of info in this forum. Hope i helped without overstepping my bounds lol.
                      jimpaul
                      Last edited by jimpaul; 11-20-2014, 04:45 PM.
                      ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                      Good luck
                      Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

Originally posted by jimpaul View Post
                        No need to thank me but you can thank Dante as it's his program who has helped most of us!

i can only give basic advice about eating. We either eat protein and carbs or protein and fats and never both.
                        Try to keep out the carbs and fats at night before bed.
                        Try to eat 6 meals at 1-1.5 grams protein per pound of bodyweight daily split into those 6 meals. Weigh yourself only at the exact time of day one month apart (no sooner). I prefer to do it in the morning after a b.m. (bathroom lol)...that way there is no food in my system as far as i know lol.
                        When you weigh yourself decide if you are gaining too much fat or not gaining enough bodyweight/muscle and adjust your diet if needed.
                        There is plenty of info in this forum. Hope i helped without overstepping my bounds lol.
                        If you are interested, here are his pics... I figured I'd post them because he can't yet

http://imageshack.com/i/kqyYn1qLj

http://imageshack.com/i/hlbhrsEZj

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

sorry for the late reply but I was out of town... i will for sure follow ur guidelines on the diet, tomorrow will be my first DC session and Im incredibly pumped... will update this thread with the log for every session hopefully.

Comment

sorry for the late reply but I was out of town... i will for sure follow ur guidelines on the diet, tomorrow will be my first DC session and Im incredibly pumped... will update this thread with the log for every session hopefully.
                            Life happens. I have also been kinda busy as well. I've been wanting to look at and fix your routine for you...as I'm about to do now.

I WILL RESPOND IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
                            You wrote this:

CHEST
                            1 Incline barbell presses 11-15 rest-pause
                            3 Hammer Strength incline presses 11-15 rest-pause
                            5 decline barbell presses 11-15 rest-pause

SHOULDERS
                            1 machine presses 11-20 rest-pause
                            DO THIS ABOVE FOR 11-15 REST PAUSE AS WELL
                            3 behind the back 11-15 rest-pause
                            5 db presses 11-20 rest-pause
                            AGAIN DO THIS FOR 11-15 REST PAUSE AND REALIZE THAT IT'S DIFFICULT TO USE DB'S TO REST PAUSE WITH UNLESS YOU HAVE A PARTNER.

TRICEPS
                            1 Close-grip bench presses 11-20 rest-pause
                            DO THIS ABOVE FOR 11-15 REST PAUSE
                            3 skullcrushers 15-30 rest-pause
                            DO THIS FOR 15-20 REST PAUSE
                            5 Machine dips 11-20 rest-pause
                            DO ABOVE FOR 15-20 REST PAUSE

BACK (WIDTH)
                            1 Hammer Strength pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause
                            3 Front wide-grip pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause
                            5 Close-grip pulldowns 11-15 rest-pause

BACK (THICKNESS)
                            1 T-bar rows 10-12
                            3 Rack deadlifts 6-9 + 9-12
                            5 machine rows 6-9 + 9-12
                            DO ABOVE FOR 10-12 STRAIGHT SET
                            "B" WORKOUTS

BICEPS
                            2 Barbell curls 11-20 rest-pause
                            4 preacher curls 11-20 rest-pause
                            DO ABOVE FOR 11-15 REST PAUSE
                            6 Seated dumbbell curls 11-20 rest-pause

FOREARMS
                            2 bb reverse curls 10-20
                            4 Hammer curls 10-20
                            6Barbell wrist curls 10-20

CALVES* 10/15sec hold at the bottom
                            2 Leg-press 10-12
                            4 standing calf raises 10-12
                            6 Seated calf raises 10-12

HAMSTRINGS
                            2 Lying leg curls 15-30 rest-pause
                            4 Sumo leg presses (feet high and wide, 15-25
                            press with heels)
                            6 Seated leg curls 15-30 rest-pause

QUADRICEPS
                            2 leg press 4-8 + 20
                            4 Hack squats 4-8 + 20
                            6 smith machine squat 4-8 + 20
                            Good luck
                            Jimpaul/Newtoketo

SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!

Comment

I really don't understand why you suggest such a lack of variety of rep ranges.... I also don't understand why you would do certain exercises in the rep ranges you chose, but hey... that is your call.

I am not going to provide my suggestions because you seem to disagree with all the suggestions I make and act as an "authority" with the final say.
                              mentalflex
                              Last edited by mentalflex; 11-25-2014, 10:29 AM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Working...
                              X