Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For everyone who's gonna lift heavy today.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For everyone who's gonna lift heavy today.

Here's some inspirational pics from Westside Barbell.

First, here's Mike Ruggeria.

The "logbook" written on a blackboard.. squats, bench, deads, and total.

Comment

875lb + blue and red bands.

Comment

Just do it!!

Comment

Last one. 420kg (924lb i think)

Comment

Mike has gone far in pwerlifting! He used to live here in Syracuse near me, back in '88-'89 time frame we trained at the same gym, I got to know him, great guy. Can you believe he would jump in with me and my training partner back then about once a week and train with us???!?!?!!! Of course he was only doing a fraction of the poundages back then!!!
            -KidRok-
            "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
            5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

Comment

Good powerlifter. But I am not too inspired by the legs, lack of calves and big gut.
              International Elite Raw Powerlifter
              Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by Future
                Good powerlifter. But I am not too inspired by the legs, lack of calves and big gut.
                Well, it was rather "beating the logbook" kinda inspiration I was going for. Not the physique part. I myself get more inspiration from huge weights than men in small posing trunks. :smooch:

Comment

Originally posted by Jishuku
                  Well, it was rather "beating the logbook" kinda inspiration I was going for. Not the physique part. I myself get more inspiration from huge weights than men in small posing trunks. :smooch:
                  haha thats for sure! I got inspired by the deadlift pics. Deadlift is a exercise of just mere mass! I can't wait till tomorrow I'm doing my pull workout #2.
                  That guy isn't mere all fat, if you look at his legs and his arms from what you can see thats a lot of muscle, and hes got some vascularity going on with his arms, he just has a protruding gut thats all. That stomach is from strictly powerlifting in the low rep ranges I believe. From holding in all that air in his stomach.
                  great pics for going heavy inspiration!
                  aim: hulkarms747

Obsessive is a word the lazy made up to describe the dedicated.

Lift till someone runs over to your aid.

Fight the pain, Fight the weight. If I fight now, the war is already won. Than maybe later I'll lift a ton.

GOAL: BE BUFF WITH WHATEVER I WEAR

Comment

Well, you are the one with Arnie in a lion cloth dude. And I wouldn't need to look at a guy doing partial squats with a Monolift to get pumped. Check out some stuff like Ronnie Coleman training.
                    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

vogelpohls best WPO dl is no more than 825
                      there are FEW men whom ever DLd over 9, let alone a 220 who would pull 925, lol
                      Ruggeria is a freak also, the man manhandles weights
                      and the infamous blackboard at westside is the ultimate logbook to beat for power

frk
                      :iagree:
                      i always agree with what i say

Comment

Originally posted by Future
                        Well, you are the one with Arnie in a lion cloth dude. And I wouldn't need to look at a guy doing partial squats with a Monolift to get pumped. Check out some stuff like Ronnie Coleman training.
                        Hehe, I was kidding. I get inspired by both. And I can't really post a Ronnie movie here.
                        And the guys at the WestsideBarbell Club ain't exactly pussies. :showoff:

Comment

Originally posted by FRKNHUGE
                          vogelpohls best WPO dl is no more than 825
                          there are FEW men whom ever DLd over 9, let alone a 220 who would pull 925, lol
                          Ruggeria is a freak also, the man manhandles weights
                          and the infamous blackboard at westside is the ultimate logbook to beat for power

frk
                          So am I correct in assuming those were two different people posted? Chuck and Mark?
                          Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Hehe, I was kidding. I get inspired by both. And I can't really post a Ronnie movie here.
                            And the guys at the WestsideBarbell Club ain't exactly pussies. :showoff:
                            Sorry if I come of as critical.

Jish, look at my avatar. I am an ex powerlifter. I respect strength first and foremost.

Now if you mean when I stated I don't get inspired by partials...well, I don't. I doubt any powerlifter would. It's cool that you like them but I think FRK and I understand from experience that yeah they are hard but nothing special. Just a partial movement. I have squatted 855x2 raw weighing 275. It's no disrespect but it's just a training partial. Show me a pic of Gary Frank in the hole. Ed coan burying a grand.

Westside creates a system that if followed, you will succeed. I followed it and as a natural athlete I squatted 830 weighing under 240. It's based on alot of science and is very technical. I loved it.
                            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Working...
                            X