What is best post workout?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best post workout?

Im not sure if im overthinking this but what is the best thing to have post workout whilst putting on siZe? a shake, solid food something to spike insulin ? Does it really make a diference...

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
      To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.
      Well done you feel better now?

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
        That's great and all, but the reality of him finding corn syrup, dried jizz, and powdered milk in those quantities is impractical.
        2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by MUSCLETECH View Post
          Im not sure if im overthinking this but what is the best thing to have post workout whilst putting on siZe? a shake, solid food something to spike insulin ? Does it really make a diference...
          Quick nutrition that is easy for the body to work with. Liquid is ideal, in my opinion. Carbs and protein that are fast. Because that meal will digest quickly you are going to want to have a solid food meal anywhere from an hour to 2 hours after the liquid meal.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
          Instagram: @intensemuscle
          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            Quick nutrition that is easy for the body to work with. Liquid is ideal, in my opinion. Carbs and protein that are fast. Because that meal will digest quickly you are going to want to have a solid food meal anywhere from an hour to 2 hours after the liquid meal.

Skip
            Exactly: corn syrup, dried jizz, and powdered milk.
            2010 NPC North Star

Comment

At 100kg my intra has about 80grams of protein. 40 is from WPI and the rest is Bcaa and Glutamine, it also has about 60 grams of dextrose/glucose mix. When bulking it has about 100grams of carbs because I have some fresh squeezed fruit juice also or eat grapes just prior to my workout.

My post weights drink thus doesn't need to be all fast stuff so I tend to have milk, WPI, yoghurt, eggs, honey and a banana all in the blender. If bulking I add more fruit by way of water melon or rock melon or fruit salad on the side.

This may not be 100% ideal but I think it is a overall better health option than some things people eat just because it is high carb.

I am never going to win any titles and am natty and am more in it for the health aspects of training and have pretty good results with this approach.
              "Be gentle in what you do, firm in how you do it."
              Buck Brannaman.

"It is the certainty of punishment that deters crime, not the severity of it."
              'Hanging' Judge PARKER

"Nothing is so powerful as an insight into human nature... what compulsions drive a man, what instincts dominate his action... if you know these things about a man you can touch him at the core of his being."
              ~William Bernbach

Comment

For postworkout I think it's best to have your steak prechewed. sorry couldn't help myself.
                ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                Good luck
                Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post

Skip
                  I second this.
                  My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Working...
                  X