Early Morning training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Early Morning training

Because of my job/family commitments I'm forced to train first thing in the morning, around 5:50. What would some of you more experienced DC (or non DC)guys reccomend for pre workout nutrition at that time of day? I have been drinking some coffee and having some Aminos/creatine before/during then a shake/carbs after I lift, basically training fasted. Any suggestions?

When I used to do that, I cooked the night before and ate upon waking. Then I got ready for the gym and drove to the gym for a workout.

If you have a hard time eating cold food, or reheated food, try slow-cooking overnight in a crock-pot. Seriously, slow-cooking an omelet has some great potential. Cook on the low heat setting, over 6-8 hours. Worked out great for me, hopefully it does for you.
    My intro thread: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=49855

Comment

Have trained fasted for years with nothing hitting my lips until the first sip of my intra-workout shake (karboload/eaa/debitterized hydrolyzed whey) and coffee (none as of late)
      2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Originally posted by Macho Man View Post
        Have trained fasted for years with nothing hitting my lips until the first sip of my intra-workout shake (karboload/eaa/debitterized hydrolyzed whey) and coffee (none as of late)
        I bet something hit your lips before this. Enter Penis Joke Here________! :moon:
        2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
          Enter Penis Here________! :moon:
          Tattooed above your asshole?
          2010 NPC North Star

Comment

Hey now, I always gave you a kiss before you left in the morning.
            Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
              Hey now, I always gave you a kiss before you left in the morning.
              I'm only gay on Friday nights, and Saturday is an off day from the gym. You would remember this if you cared about me at all. Which obviously you don't, and the kisses and cuddling were just for show!
              2010 NPC North Star

Comment

I'm only gay on Friday nights, and Saturday is an off day from the gym. You would remember this if you cared about me at all. Which obviously you don't, and the kisses and cuddling were just for show!
                Sammich, did you hear what Macho Man just said? There's pain there. Pain that needs to be addressed for the healing of the wounds in the fabric of your relationship...

Comment

Originally posted by MyTMouse View Post
                  Sammich, did you hear what Macho Man just said? There's pain there. Pain that needs to be addressed for the healing of the wounds in the fabric of your relationship...
                  :pout:
                  Attached Files
                  Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                  kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
                    :pout:
                    That was funny. Okay, I won't be off-topic anymore.

Do you guys find that lifting while fasted works out just fine for you? I couldn't imagine having the energy to go hard and get through a workout without having any food yet in the day.

Comment

Originally posted by caleb55 View Post
                      Because of my job/family commitments I'm forced to train first thing in the morning, around 5:50. What would some of you more experienced DC (or non DC)guys reccomend for pre workout nutrition at that time of day? I have been drinking some coffee and having some Aminos/creatine before/during then a shake/carbs after I lift, basically training fasted. Any suggestions?
                      When I lived in the US, I was up at 2:30am and at the gym training by 3am. I usually just used a good pre workout supp, (buzzsaw or whatever). Now I'm up at 5:15 and train at 6am and do the same thing.
                      My gym times are by choice, nothing work related, I just prefer doing my training early, first thing in the morning.
                      There are times I use a peri workout shake.

You might also consider what Dr Scott discusses in his article:

http://articles.elitefts.com/trainin...tation-part-1/
                      Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                        When I lived in the US, I was up at 2:30am and at the gym training by 3am. I usually just used a good pre workout supp, (buzzsaw or whatever). Now I'm up at 5:15 and train at 6am and do the same thing.
                        My gym times are by choice, nothing work related, I just prefer doing my training early, first thing in the morning.
                        There are times I use a peri workout shake.

You might also consider what Dr Scott discusses in his article:
                        That was a good read. I've never considered myself 100% sold on the intra-workout shakes, but this was interesting food for thought.

Comment

I'm usually in the gym by around 5-5:30 during the week. I like a combitnation of pro/veg/fat with little to no carbs prior to training with a intra towards the end of my training session. For time safe, I like having the following;

1s whey,
                          .5 NBP,
                          .5 Coconut oil (Organ/Ex-Virgin)
                          1 scoop Super Greens
                          Stevia or splenda
                          cinamon

Mix with water to form a sludge consistency. Then placed in the in the frig overnight..then in the freezer for about 10-15min prior to being eaten. I like doing this to harden it up some. I saw a Marc Lobnier (tigerfitness) make this stuff up and I thought I give it a try. I added my own twist to it some..
                          v1hyp
                          Intense Muscle Competitor
                          Last edited by v1hyp; 08-02-2014, 10:06 AM.
                          "SET NO LIMITS"

"When the knees hurt you just wrap tighter."-Skip

2015 NPC Supplement Express:
                          2014 NPC Sun City Regional:
                          2013 NPC Sun City Classic:
                          2010 NPC Virginia Grand Prix:
                          2002 NPC Western Carolina:
                          2002 NPC North Carolina State:

Use Discount Code MMH353..

Comment

I appreciate all the help guys. I feel good training on an empty stomach. I'm gonna throw in a shake before. Appreciate it

Comment

Can't do it myself. Weaker and more tired it seems when I don't have some meals in before workout!

Gotta stay strong!
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo
                              ain't it the shit? Just wait til you guys/gals see some of the strength jumps lol..and the size you put on!
                              Good luck
                              Jimpaul/Newtoketo

EAT BIG, LIFT BIG AND GET BIG...SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN

USE TRUENUTRITION.COM FOR ALL YOUR
                              SUPPLEMENTAL NEEDS!!
                              TO GET MY DISCOUNT USE Jat338

Comment

Working...
                              X