Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how do you prioritize/specialize a bodypart using a DC routine?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • how do you prioritize/specialize a bodypart using a DC routine?

    hey fellas, This is my first post so a little introduction. I'm a 21 year old college student, 6'0'', 195lbs, ~18% BF (self-estimated). I started training about a year and a half ago, and recently got into DC/lower volume type routines. haven't used any PHs or AAS. Anyway, after reading the original DC thread over at chemical anarchy, i was transformed. now i'm just trying to learn more and more about it.

    anyway, in regards to the question that i posed in my subject. How does one go about bringing up a lagging bodypart on DC training. for example, i feel that my biceps definetly lack fullness which makes my arms look like shit from straight on. basically how would i go about in incorporating more work than 1 set every 5 days for them in order to get them to grow. i know that as long as i'm making strength gains they are growing but i would really like to bring them along faster. would it be wise to add in another set, or train them with more frequency?

  • #2
    To bring up lagging arms, we generally go the higher 15-30RP range. I went this way ever since my arms were lagging and now they are perfectly up to par

    Comment


    • #3
      Welcome to the board, and I have to say this program is not for you yet, plese keep up with the low volume, compound exercises and get a good base down for a few years then when you feel you know how your body responds to certain exercises and you know your recouperation abilities then you can tackle this very tough physical and mentally tough program, and we won't even discuss how difficult the diet can be.

      This program you must train very heavy all the time with perfect form and no need to worry bout lagging parts as everyone in the BBing world has this problem, trust me...
      "That damn log book"

      www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

      Comment


      • #4
        To bring up lagging arms, we generally go the higher 15-30RP range. I went this way ever since my arms were lagging and now they are perfectly up to par
        thats 15-30 reps rest paused right?

        Originally posted by In-Human
        Welcome to the board, and I have to say this program is not for you yet, plese keep up with the low volume, compound exercises and get a good base down for a few years then when you feel you know how your body responds to certain exercises and you know your recouperation abilities then you can tackle this very tough physical and mentally tough program, and we won't even discuss how difficult the diet can be.

        This program you must train very heavy all the time with perfect form and no need to worry bout lagging parts as everyone in the BBing world has this problem, trust me...
        I appreciate the advice, i'm not actually using a DC routine at the moment. i understand that i have to use the next several years to build a strength base and really shouldn't concentrate on "lagging bodyparts" because it could be argued that my whole body is lagging. But i have to admit that i'm lifting for vanity reasons and i don't want to look disproporationate with a big huge barrell chest and stick arms it just looks stupid. thats why i want to bring up my arms.

        Comment


        • #5
          Liver, As you said no need to worry about lagging bodyparts, when you put in your dues and you stick with a program long enough to make some good gains you may not have any lagging parts. It will take some time to build enough muscle to see what may be a problem in the future with something lagging. Not only will it take time to build but time to feel your muscle working and knowing if you are getting 100% out of them when you train...
          "That damn log book"

          www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Liver
            i don't want to look disproporationate with a big huge barrell chest and stick arms it just looks stupid. thats why i want to bring up my arms.
            I thought that was funny... lol.

            Comment


            • #7
              Best advise I ever got from a fellow bodybuilder when it came to lagging arms was,

              "Quality not Quantity"

              Make the form decent, get the heavy weight going, and control it. I think arms are one area cheating will show.

              Another to remember bro, you ever see a guy whos benching 400 or 500/ barbell rowing 400 or deadlifting 600 ever have small arms? Not likely, with the exception of sythnol, heavy compund movements are key.
              Official Web Designer of Intensemuscle.com :peace:

              Advocate for Socially Relevant Search Engine -http://theenginuity.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Creator_11
                Another to remember bro, you ever see a guy whos benching 400 or 500/ barbell rowing 400 or deadlifting 600 ever have small arms? Not likely, with the exception of sythnol, heavy compund movements are key.
                Wish I was this guy, hehe...
                "That damn log book"

                www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

                Comment


                • #9
                  you say your lifting from a vanity point of veiw? - are you sure your arms are lagging or is it you just want them to look bigger when your wearing a t-shirt?
                  If this is the case then DC stylee definatly aint 4 u!
                  Some people are so afraid of dying they never actually start living.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by anabolic2k
                    you say your lifting from a vanity point of veiw? - are you sure your arms are lagging or is it you just want them to look bigger when your wearing a t-shirt?
                    If this is the case then DC stylee definatly aint 4 u!
                    Damn straight.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Welcome to the Board Bro. we are a ll a bit vain ! But in just the right measures !
                      Stay Hard and Get Huge !


                      Whatever you can do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius , power and magic in it. Begin it now. - Goethe

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by anabolic2k
                        you say your lifting from a vanity point of veiw? - are you sure your arms are lagging or is it you just want them to look bigger when your wearing a t-shirt?
                        If this is the case then DC stylee definatly aint 4 u!

                        i don't understand what you mean. I thought that DC training was a program designed to put on the most amount of muscle possible in the shortest amount of time. whats the difference if i want bigger arms to look better in a shirt to impress the ladies or or bigger arms to score better with the judges in a contest. its all the same. of course i want to get stronger too, but that goes without saying.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          liver has a point, i forgot what the point of bodybuilding is anabolic/usmuscle

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            bump

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Liver
                              bump
                              bump for what?
                              CrossFit Champions
                              Champions Combat Arts

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X