Rotating exercises on 3way

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotating exercises on 3way

Can anyone quickly link where Dante discusses whether or not to rotate three exercises when using the 3 way split?

I've read much of the stickies but didn't see an answer.

Or someone could just say YES or NO!

Thanks guys!

You rotate your 3 main exercises for each bodypart as you would in the 2-way. Meaning, you have your 1 mulligan and if you don't beat your logbook you drop it (AKA rotate).

For the bodyparts you are using a WM for, you use 1 WM for each bodypart and do that Wm exercise every time you train that bodypart. Just as with other other exercises, if you are not progressing on your WM, you drop it and add in a new WM exercise.

Generally, the 3-way isn't discussed as much because that is when it becomes a highly individualized program that addresses unique circumstances and can be quite confusing for someone reading it to understand why certain things are done as they for a given person.
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Thank you! That was a more elaborate and thorough response than I expected! I was fearing the "search dude" responses!

Perfect, thanks again!

Comment

Why you newbie! How dare you... I rotate 3 moves which suit me best. But where I can't, due to limitations of working out in a home gym (despite it being well decked out) I vary how I perform an exercise. That provides a variance of stimulus, which HITs the muscles differently.

I have the best success HITting deadlifts every 21 days. (as do my trainees) With 22 muscles trained in unison, naturally it takes a lengthy period of time to adequately bounce back. That was one of my most significant discoveries a couple of years ago.
        Lifter
        Middleweight Member
        Last edited by Lifter; 04-28-2014, 07:04 PM.
        No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

While I know you were just being funny, I figured I'd throw in the fact that I'm 43, 6'-3" and weigh 260lbs. Squatted 500, DL 620 benched 315 (with a bad elbow from a bad break from hockey) and did fairly well in Highland Games.

I sometimes think it's important for others to understand where the poster is coming from when questions are posed. Answers can be better tailored to him/her I think, if one knows a bit about the questioner.

And thanks to both of you for the info, I'm going to go out it to good use!

(Ps, Mike and Ray are my two favorite bodybuilders... I actually owned a Heavy Duty t-shirt in the 80's!)
          armoredvan
          Last edited by armoredvan; 04-28-2014, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Just to hit on widowmakers on the 3 way..
            Do you have any in mind that you want to use(exercises)? Maybe we can say yay or nay for choices and help? When I say we, I mean Mentalflex :P (just kidding Mental)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
              Just to hit on widowmakers on the 3 way..
              Do you have any in mind that you want to use(exercises)? Maybe we can say yay or nay for choices and help? When I say we, I mean Mentalflex :P (just kidding Mental)

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2
              I need shoulders BAD, all three heads. That and upper chest but I know from earlier on that my upper chest grows fairly easily.

I was thinking about high incline presses and various other presses that target shoulders but I was (foolishly?) thinking of WM a side raise even though the loading is low (I have micro loading magnets for weekly increases).

I may be a bit stuck on exercises for width. I read Dante's words regarding "getting weird with it" so I have some thinking to do!

Comment

Another option when looking for info. about training structure is to check out the journals (and thread asking questions about the three-way that are populated with more than a few answers). You can see pretty quickly in the intro. posts how folks set things up (and from responses how to adjust).

-S
                The Book Has Arrived!
                The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

Originally posted by armoredvan View Post
                  While I know you were just being funny, I figured I'd throw in the fact that I'm 43, 6'-3" and weigh 260lbs. Squatted 500, DL 620 benched 315 (with a bad elbow from a bad break from hockey) and did fairly well in Highland Games.

I sometimes think it's important for others to understand where the poster is coming from when questions are posed. Answers can be better tailored to him/her I think, if one knows a bit about the questioner.

And thanks to both of you for the info, I'm going to go out it to good use!

(Ps, Mike and Ray are my two favorite bodybuilders... I actually owned a Heavy Duty t-shirt in the 80's!)
                  Glad you took it in the right manner. I find it funny, but sometimes sad, how people are jumped all over for asking questions. Thankfully, when I joined, I had no issues...PM'd quite often with InHuman. He helped me grasp DC training.

I owe Mike a lot! He got me off to a great start. I am proud I was one of the last emails he read on his last fateful night.
                  No-one trains HARDER!!

Comment

Working...
                  X