X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are Straight Sets & Widowmaker?

Hi everyone,

Im a little perplexed about the term "straight set" and "widow maker"

Are straight sets the same as the usual set of number of reps? and is widowmaker another term for regular sets?

wow
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by dAi View Post
      Hi everyone,

Im a little perplexed about the term "straight set" and "widow maker"

Are straight sets the same as the usual set of number of reps? and is widowmaker another term for regular sets?
      A straight set is a set of X amount of reps to failure. It is essentially a "regular" set.

A Widowmaker is a 20 rep set to failure that is used for body parts that need extra attention.

You are going to get hammered for basic questions like this when if you use the search function, there is a TON of info to explain these things.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
      Instagram: @intensemuscle
      YouTube: TEAMSKIP
      TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

So there is this awesome thing called reading... you actually learn from it. Check it out
        Attached Files
        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

:-)
          Last edited by DC_catholic315; 04-18-2014, 04:38 PM.
          I see you didn't take a s#!t before deadlifting....
          I too like to live dangerously

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
            A straight set is a set of X amount of reps to failure. It is essentially a "regular" set.

A Widowmaker is a 20 rep set to failure that is used for body parts that need extra attention.

You are going to get hammered for basic questions like this when if you use the search function, there is a TON of info to explain these things.

Skip

Thank you and I did try the search function, but it said my keywords were too common.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you and I did try the search function, but it said my keywords were too common.

Understood.

I just searched "widowmaker" and 300 posts came up. Not busting your balls, just trying to help you out.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
              Instagram: @intensemuscle
              YouTube: TEAMSKIP
              TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

You also have google brother.

Googling : straight set training brings up results as does widowmaker set.

Infact the former when you type i , srraight set, one of the automatic options was - straight set DC training.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

What are Straight Sets & Widowmaker?

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                  You also have google brother.

Googling : straight set training brings up results as does widowmaker set.

Infact the former when you type i , srraight set, one of the automatic options was - straight set DC training.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Link me to a page that clearly defines what a straight set and widow maker is and I will give you the reason of a doubt that you are correct but you're just making an assumption that I did not even tried.

So prove me wrong and paste the URL which define them, "brother".

Comment

You wont last here, with that attitude bro.

Comment

Originally posted by 46er View Post
                      You wont last here, with that attitude bro.

I came here. I asked two questions and only one member of this forum was helpful enough to take the time and answer my question while the rest of the posts were about, "search it yourself. Google it. There's a thing called search up here, bro", yet you have the audacity to tell me I'm the one with an attitude?

Comment

Common sense would say, "Geeze, if I am interested in DC training, maybe I should read the 'new to DC come on in' thread and then maybe read "Newbie info consolidated" and then go through all of the stickies as suggested."

Again, that's just what someone with common sense would do...

I came here. I asked two questions and only one member of this forum was helpful enough to take the time and answer my question while the rest of the posts were about, "search it yourself. Google it. There's a thing called search up here, bro", yet you have the audacity to tell me I'm the one with an attitude?
                        Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
                        2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
                        2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Here ya go.

Widow Maker
                          https://www.google.com/search?q=wido...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Straight Set
                          https://www.google.com/search?q=stra...ht+set+workout
                          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
                            kind of a douche

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                              Here ya go.

Widow Maker
                              69i57.4383j0j1&sourceid=chrome&url]

No no no. Go in it and read it like I did and you will see how everyone has their own definition about it. For example, the second search result page links u to a page like a forum like this one where everyone is just throwing at them what they believe it is but thank you anyways just forget it.

Comment

Working...
                              X