Rank WO clothing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rank WO clothing

Sort of a weird question but, i have a few pairs of WO gear that i use that reek really bad after i WO in them, while in others with the same material, it is not bad. I tried making a correlation with the fabrics but as you can see they don't all produce the same output. I usually don't have bad BO (although i am not claiming to smell like roses after a WO). Has anyone found any fabrics that are better for decreasing smell? Any cleaners/detergents work best to prevent this?

Thanks guys and gals.
    Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

A fire pit?

I have 50% poly and 50% cotton thirts and find that I sweat less in them.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

I had some issues for awhile when I lived in WI and was doing a lot of marathon training + wearing sweat-wicking clothing. I picked up a bottle of Win detergent and despite the higher pricetag, it got rid of the lingering BO that regular detergents just couldn't get.

Nowadays I just add oxyclean to my laundry in addition to detergent. You could always give that a try too.
      #docswholift
      PGY-1 FM
      "No idea is above scrutiny and no people are beneath dignity." -Maajid Nawaz

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
        A fire pit?

I have 50% poly and 50% cotton thirts and find that I sweat less in them.

Burn it with fire!! :mad2:
        I have a few pieces of old WO kit, despite using every thinkable remedy, met this end.
        Sometimes you just have to let go...
        HSF

Comment

Originally posted by hammersmashface View Post
          Burn it with fire!! :mad2:
          I have a few pieces of old WO kit, despite using every thinkable remedy, met this end.
          Sometimes you just have to let go...
          HSF
          Oh boy..in my first ever gym', a gentleman who was in the SAS (he had written a book on his escapades) was the sweatyist man I have ever seen. He poured with sweat constantly, EVERYWHERE. Not only did he not clean equipment after he used it, but he smelt of shit ( imagine rotten death), he used to train in his clothes..sweat in them badly and then just put them in his bag, NOT wash them and then wear them again. We all complained to staff about his pools of sweat on benches/over the dumbells and on floors - he didn't give a shit.
          (I mentioned his SAS involvement because I thought he would of been expected to be clean n tidy with them thus teaching him how to not smell like dead carcas..alas no)

Comment

I don't wear cotton anymore unless I have to because it ends up smelling of ammonia and I hate it. It won't smell until I start to sweat in it. Hats are just as bad and I end up throwing them away after awhile.

I have found that UA and Nike dry fit doesn't stink no matter how much you sweat in them so I use dry fit shirts and shorts and never have a problem anymore.

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
            Instagram: @intensemuscle
            YouTube: TEAMSKIP
            TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

PT shirts were always my favorite. Cound't stink em up as long as I washed em with ample detergent and my jeans.

J
              "No man ever won a war by dieing for his county. He did it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his."

George Patton

Get your Protein where the real men get theirs, TrueProtein.com

5% off with Dicount code JNR490, and 10% off orders over 10 lbs!!!

Comment

What Skip said

Comment

hey, at least no one ever asks to work in with you..lol
                  Attached Files
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Originally posted by Ken "Skip" Hill View Post
                    I don't wear cotton anymore unless I have to because it ends up smelling of ammonia and I hate it. It won't smell until I start to sweat in it. Hats are just as bad and I end up throwing them away after awhile.

I have found that UA and Nike dry fit doesn't stink no matter how much you sweat in them so I use dry fit shirts and shorts and never have a problem anymore.

Skip
                    So true. My GF just went on a spring cleaning rampage of throwing away some of my gym hats that have 'The Funk' to them. Probably for the best, seeing as a few times I've gone to the gym and wondered who the stinky kid was.....:painkiller:
                    I guess this just means new hat shopping for me

Comment

Maybe it's an individual body chemistry thing: cotton works better for me than synthetics. The wicking, UA type shirts tend to get stinky.

What works for me is training clean to being with, and then trashing the old favorites when they start to hold the funk. Easier said than done, but who wants to be the stinky kid.
                      2014 Greater Gulf States 2nd WPD Class B
                      2010 Jr. USA 2nd LHW
                      2009 Houston Pro/Am 1st LHW & Overall (Am)
                      2008 Jr. Nationals 5th LHW
                      2007 Greater Gulf States 1st LHW
                      2007 LA Championships 1st LHW & Overall

Comment

Originally posted by Heckman View Post
                        hey, at least no one ever asks to work in with you..lol
                        Hmm.. i never thought about it that way. haha
                        Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

Comment

I am sure there is something to be said about diet because ketosis would tend to cause more of an ammonia smell to the sweat. I even used more detergent and they smell awesome out of the wash ... right up until I start to sweat and everything goes to shit. lol

Skip

Facebook: Skip Hill
                          Instagram: @intensemuscle
                          YouTube: TEAMSKIP
                          TikTok: @intensemuscle

For Training Inquiries: [email protected]

Use discount code "SKIP" and get your TEAM SKIP protein here: www.TrueNutrition.com/TEAMSKIPblend

Comment

Same here skip. Cotton shirts seem great out of the dryer, but the funk is water activated!

Comment

It's bacteria, right? And yeah, definitely water activated!
                              Soaking in near boiling water will kill it, so will bleach or anti bacterial detergent.
                              But prevention is better than cure. Always wash your gym gear on hot!
                              If at first you don't succeed... Try doing what Skip told you to do the first time.

Comment

Working...
                              X