Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Critique my DC Routine (I have read through everything)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Critique my DC Routine (I have read through everything)

Hey guys, I am 25 years old 6ft tall and weigh about 185. I have lifted seriously for 4 years now and been on DC almost a year. I just came off of a cruise and here is what my next blast looks like. Please let me know if there is anything that I could do better or anything blatantly stupid on this routine.

I took Dusty Hanshaw's WM routine for lagging body parts and applied it to arms because my arms seem to have the most trouble growing. Other than that, it's pretty by the book. My best body parts genetically are my chest and lats but my limbs and delts are lagging.

The only things that I'm not really sure on are adding the Widowmakers to arms and also having deadlift and straight leg deadlift in this split. I wanted to do that to bring my traps and hams up and I think SLDL is better than a standing ham extension machine.

My quads are also bad but I don't know if it is wise to have SLDL, Deadlift, Front Squat and Back squat in this split but I feel like i need these compound movements, my diet is good and I get plenty of good rest and recovery.

Any feedback would be great.

Monday (A1) Chest/Delt/Tri/Back width, Back Thickness

1. Hammer Strength Chest Press (15-20RP) then static hold
    2. Smith Military Press (15-20RP) then static hold
    3. Smith Reverse Grip Bench (15-20RP) (PJR Pullover WM) then static hold
    4. Weighted Pull-Ups (15-20RP) then static hold
    5. Smith Bent Over Row (6-10 Reps) then (10-12 Reps)

Wednesday (B1) (Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hams, Quads)

1. Incline Bench DB Curl (20-30RP) (Widowmaker set on seated barbell preacher curls) then static hold
    2. Barbell wrist curl (20-30 reps) superset with hammer curls (10-12 reps)
    3. DC Calf Stretch on Standing Calf Raise
    4. Seated leg curl (15-30 RP)
    5. Leg Press (8-12) then (4-6) then Widowmaker

Friday (A2) Chest/Delt/Tri/Back Width/ Back Thickness

1. Smith Wide Incline Bench (15-20 RP) then static hold
    2. DB Military Press (15-20 RP) then static hold
    3. Smith Close Grip Bench (15-20 RP) (Widowmaker set on PJR Pullover) then static hold
    4. Hammer Strength Underhand Pulldown (15-20 reps) then static hold
    5. Deadlift (9-12 reps) then (6-9 reps)

Monday (B2) Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Hams, Quads

1. Standing Bench Barbell Curls (20-30 RP) (Widowmaker set on seated barbell preacher curls) then static hold
    2. Single Arm Cable reverse curl (15-20 reps)
    3. DC Calf Stretch on Seated Calf Raise
    4. Straight Leg Deadlift (take a 15 rep max weight and rep 6 times increasing weight slightly each set until failure to get 6 reps)
    5. Back Squats (9-12) then (5-8) then Widowmaker

Wednesday (A3)

1. Decline Bench (15-20 RP) then static hold
    2. Hammer Strength Single Arm Shoulder Press (15-20 RP) then static hold
    3. Dead Stop Skull Crushers (15-30 RP) (PJR Pullover WM) then static hold
    4. Weighted Rack Chins (15-20 RP) then static hold
    5. Single Arm Hammer Strength Row (15-20 RP)

Friday (B3) Biceps, Forearms, Calves, Legs

1. Standing EZ Bar Curls (20-30RP) (Widowmaker set on seated barbell preacher curls) then static hold
    2. Seated Reverse Grip Barbell Curls (10-15 reps)
    3. DC Calf Stretch on Leg Press
    1. Prone leg Curl (15-30RP) then static hold
    2. Front Squats (9-12) then (5-8) then Widowmaker

First, I'm far from advanced, but 6 foot 185 and you have lagging bodyparts? You just need to grow, period. When you look like Dusty, start doing WMs for those things...

Order of exercises on some days
    Combination of exercises on some days... I can see big problems in some places
    Variety of rep ranges for some bodyparts

Post pics
    Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
    2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
    2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by mentalflex View Post
      First, I'm far from advanced, but 6 foot 185 and you have lagging bodyparts? You just need to grow, period. When you look like Dusty, start doing WMs for those things...

Order of exercises on some days
      Combination of exercises on some days... I can see big problems in some places
      Variety of rep ranges for some bodyparts

Post pics
      Good point on the widowmakers I suppose it may be overboard.
      I tried to follow the suggested order in the threads and I know bicep rep ranges should be around 20 but I figured I would try 30 since I haven't been responding that well to them. Can you point out anything in specific?

Thanks again

Comment

Today I've got: Is there anything pretty much blatantly wrong with this day?

1. Smith Wide Incline Bench (15-20 RP) then static hold
        2. DB Military Press (15-20 RP) then static hold
        3. Smith Close Grip Bench (15-20 RP) then static hold
        4. Hammer Strength Underhand Pulldown (15-20 reps) then static hold
        5. Deadlift (9-12 reps) then (6-9 reps)

Comment

Originally posted by ccroft View Post
          Good point on the widowmakers I suppose it may be overboard.
          I tried to follow the suggested order in the threads and I know bicep rep ranges should be around 20 but I figured I would try 30 since I haven't been responding that well to them. Can you point out anything in specific?

Thanks again
          Well if you did DC for a year you should already recognize the blatant things that are off... Find the beauty of thinking on your own... what do you think?

Post some pics....
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Jesus christ how many iso holds do you want!?

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Sorry to be blunt :

At 185lbs and 6 foot..you have taken a highly advanced bodybuilders routine and then basterdized it because your arms are weak...how big do you want them to be at that weight..20 inches. I suppose you want a 50inch chest too.

Dc for almost a year and you are making the above mistake..sorry man but wow. Did you read any of the stickies?

You need to eat and then eat some more.

What body type are you (im guessing ecto at this point).?
              Have you made any progress after a year of DC? It seems like youve missed the entire concept of the program and just spun your wheels.

Kris will help you A LOT, because hes that kind of chap..if you put in some effort. I will try and help here and there..but Kris is the goat on DC when helping newbies.

Comment

Well if you did DC for a year you should already recognize the blatant things that are off... Find the beauty of thinking on your own... what do you think?

Post some pics....
                Well, I posted because I wanted to see if someone more experienced than me could help me fine tune it. I think that the arms and static holds are probay overkill and I think that the straight leg deadlift may be as well. Other than that, I don't see what is wrong with the order or rep ranges. Will post pics from other laptop at home later. I have a decent base but I am no where near advanced or strong but definitely trying to get there and be smart about what I am doing. Definitely not ecto, I am a meso, have a good build I just need to take advantage of it
                ccroft
                Last edited by ccroft; 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Well, I posted because I wanted to see if someone more experienced than me could help me fine tune it. I think that the arms and static holds are probay overkill and I think that the straight leg deadlift may be as well. Other than that, I don't see what is wrong with the order or rep ranges. Will post pics from other laptop at home later. I have a decent base but I am no where near advanced or strong but definitely trying to get there and be smart about what I am doing
                  I would LOVE to watch you do squats after SLDLs lol

Rep ranges? Sorry man, but are you blind? Did I not already say what is wrong with the rep ranges?

What I highlighted tells a lot... build up some strength and come back to DC when you can move the kind of poundages required to be successful on this program. If after a year on DC you are still 185 at 6 foot, you obviously have not been doing something right.

Yes, Martin and I could help you when you are really ready for DC... but right now, you need to build the strength up to be able to use DC effectively. I am using your own words here...

EDIT: and Martin, thanks for throwing me under the bus LOL.. I love ya
                  mentalflex
                  ISOM Winner February 2012
                  Last edited by mentalflex; 03-05-2014, 02:46 PM.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Appreciate the help, I did not see anything specific about rep ranges other than there was a problem with the variety of rep ranges on certain body parts. Well I have a pretty advanced friend who recommended DC to me he said if it doesn't get me stronger nothing will and I have built the most strength on DC that I have ever done in the past so why would I quit and go back to a stupid high volume split? I had trouble gaining strength in the past and I think I do not respond well to high volume.

I would LOVE to watch you do squats after SLDLs lol

Rep ranges? Sorry man, but are you blind? Did I not already say what is wrong with the rep ranges?

What I highlighted tells a lot... build up some strength and come back to DC when you can move the kind of poundages required to be successful on this program. If after a year on DC you are still 185 at 6 foot, you obviously have not been doing something right.

Yes, Martin and I could help you when you are really ready for DC... but right now, you need to build the strength up to be able to use DC effectively. I am using your own words here...

EDIT: and Martin, thanks for throwing me under the bus LOL.. I love ya

Comment

This is my train of thought now - I am not trying to turn you off DC..BUT - I agree with Mentalflex entirely about you not being stong enough for DC, or infact more importantly, WISE enough : you have trained DC for year and weight 185 at 6 foot (granted if your 4% bodyfat thats great..but I am guessing your not), you are doing isometric holds on nearly all lifts, rep ranges seem haphazard for everything ( we dont advocate random different rep ranges for bodyparts for the shits n giggles- some exercises lend themselves better to a high or low rep range for example), you have stated you wanted to widowmaker arms because they arent growing!!! You are 185lbs, unless you have the worlds greatest ever arm genetics they will not big/massive/stand out at that weight, (using a highly, godly genetics and unbelievable work ethic bodybuilders routine no doubt), exercises are random...sldl before squats...Goodnight sweet lower back and energy for squats etc), you have stated you cant see a problem with it...wow

Mental trained with Homon' - official DC trainer and made immenze gains with DC (go search his threads for the pics). Yet you dont seem to want to take his advice. We are trying to help you!!

Comment

Cool story......when you are actually ready, come back to DC. Many other programs out there for you. Don't be so shortsighted to think a high volume split is all there is...

Train progressively for some time and you will grow, guaranteed. Obviously, if you are still 185 at 6 foot after a year on DC, you weren't ready for DC. Again, build your strength up by training progressively then come back to DC.

EDIT: and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the "I have read through everything" but he still has SLDLs before squats!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cracked up at that... sorry

Appreciate the help, I did not see anything specific about rep ranges other than there was a problem with the variety of rep ranges on certain body parts. Well I have a pretty advanced friend who recommended DC to me he said if it doesn't get me stronger nothing will and I have built the most strength on DC that I have ever done in the past so why would I quit and go back to a stupid high volume split? I had trouble gaining strength in the past and I think I do not respond well to high volume.

2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

It was a compliment :P

Everytime i see these new threads i think right ok what can i help with.... Oh wait mentals done it all haha

Your DC sense must be a tingling when a new threads sent

Comment

Originally posted by martin_h View Post
                            This is my train of thought now - I am not trying to turn you off DC..BUT - I agree with Mentalflex entirely about you not being stong enough for DC, or infact more importantly, WISE enough : you have trained DC for year and weight 185 at 6 foot (granted if your 4% bodyfat thats great..but I am guessing your not), you are doing isometric holds on nearly all lifts, rep ranges seem haphazard for everything ( we dont advocate random different rep ranges for bodyparts for the shits n giggles- some exercises lend themselves better to a high or low rep range for example), you have stated you wanted to widowmaker arms because they arent growing!!! You are 185lbs, unless you have the worlds greatest ever arm genetics they will not big/massive/stand out at that weight, (using a highly, godly genetics and unbelievable work ethic bodybuilders routine no doubt), exercises are random...sldl before squats...Goodnight sweet lower back and energy for squats etc), you have stated you cant see a problem with it...wow

Mental trained with Homon' - official DC trainer and made immenze gains with DC (go search his threads for the pics). Yet you dont seem to want to take his advice. We are trying to help you!!

As stated above, I definitely did not start DC like this. When I started I used 11-15 rep range for most lifts and 15-20 for machines. I didn't use WM for anything but legs and I did zero static holds. Towards the end of my blast I got frustrated and tried to change it up. I see your point on arms and I also see that SLDL and squat mixed together is stupid (helps to have an extra set of eyes) if I did SLDL it would be before leg press. Anyways, I just don't know where to turn other than DC. I should be repping 245 easily on bench and I am not, I also have trouble squatting 315 and pulling 355. Is there such a thing as being too weak for the low volume to really be effective? I really just don't know where to turn, I have a ton of discipline as far as diet and I always can easily shed body fat but I have the hardest time gaining strength and it seems like DC was the only thing working. I have a natural build and I shouldn't be having so much trouble. Maybe a power/hyper split would be better until I work up the strength for DC

Comment

I definitely appreciate all of the advice, no point in beating a dead horse with a stick. Can anyone recommend a program to help me build strength and size on relatively lower volume? I don't want a gym rat style high volume numb nuts routine.

Comment

Working...
                              X