Thanks IH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks IH

Well, I read your post last week about your squatting style so I thought I'd copy it as well as a person can from text.

I squatted high bar, heals together and on 5 lb plates. I stayed very upright. I wasn't sure how my back would handle it but it was ok. Nice session. I will stay with those for a while. And I grabbed the bar closer than normal to try and stretch out my shoulder girdle some more...hurt but hopefully that will help as well.

Anyway, thanks for the highbar reminder. My ego keeps me doing the same things that I forget what I am training for now.
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

No problem, me having a bad lower back I had to move it all over the place to find my spot and this really seemed to work great, the higher the better for me, but I do like to go with wider stance and toes pointed out to get as down as I can to the ground...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Well, I still have the depth ok and I walk like a duck on roids so my toes are out too. I think if I stick with this it'll work for me. Coming off of all these injuries its nice to be excited about some things.
      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Sorry to hear about your injuries, I actually get pissed at myself when they happen, I know I could have prevented them...
        "That damn log book"

Comment

Cheers for IH, he helps everybody

Comment

Well, its all good. Ruined shoulders. My lower back is much better but once I injured it I was so depressed I just about stopped training legs at all. Not to mention all my epilepsy meds. This past spring and summer were rough. But everything in time. I am 31 and have time. This allows me to worry about areas that need it anyway. Besides my life was very out of balance. The injuries are actually a blessing in retrospect.
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Do you do any reahab exercises for your shoulders, you know like rotator stuff like "dump the soup cans" and little exercises like that?...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

LOL Yeah, I do those on my off days. My only solution may me "medication" of sorts. But thats my choice.
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Originally posted by skarhead
                  Cheers for IH, he helps everybody

Yes he does...I can vouch for that! I love my soup cans btw!
                  Heckman aka "WISE" OLD MAN

Comment

Working...
                  X