i am back from a long hiatus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am back from a long hiatus

I will be introducing my training partner and 2013 North American Middleweight champion, Charles Curtis, to DC training and I thought it'd be cool to blog it so you can see our progress this off season and into next year...its been awhile since I have trained DC and I am excited to get back to the basics and grow!

here is a picture of Charles 8 days out the North Americans this year so you know who he is and what he looks like. I barely had him make weight at 176 at 5'5" and we are pushing him into the lightheavy's next year and he is currently sitting at 215-218...

I am at 232 with good conditioning and looking to pack on quality muscle mass and redeem myself from a shitty showing in 2013...that's why I am going back to what worked for me and pushed me from 196 to 218 contest weight back in the day...
    Attached Files
    I GET MY SUPPLEMENTS WHERE TOP ATHLETES GET THEIRS : TRUEPROTEIN.COM

:preach:

2008 Mr. Indiana Heavyweight Champ

Charles looks phenomenal
    IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

This ought to be good.

I *think* from the vid's I recall you posting of Curtis that he was training pretty light in all of those. Coulda just been those vid's, but if he's never hit the heavy "slag" for a prolonged period in a progressive program like DC.... WATCH OUT!

-S
      The Book Has Arrived!
      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

we have been training a lot with Dennis James and his style is different but Charles can pull 600+ off the floor etc but he has never trained anything like we are going to so him being a legit Light Heavyweight next year will not be a problem

Comment

Originally posted by joshb View Post
          we have been training a lot with Dennis James and his style is different but Charles can pull 600+ off the floor etc but he has never trained anything like we are going to so him being a legit Light Heavyweight next year will not be a problem
          This oughta be pretty damn good (for both of you).

-S
          The Book Has Arrived!
          The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
          2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
          2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

here is Charles Curtis from his North Americans Middleweight win...
            Attached Files

Comment

Good stuff Josh!

Comment

today is the first day of the first blast...chest shoulders tri's...

Comment

That is the type of physique I could stare at all day.. wow, that is the most homo thing I ever thought.

Comment

So I am guessing you are gona be doing the 3-way..you ok talking about how you are putting your split together?hows the eating going by the way?

Comment

3 way split to start...pounding quality carbs and upped both of our red meat...protein well over 420+ per day
                      Last edited by joshb; 10-16-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Just checking in on ya Josh?

Comment

its going well...both of us have dramatic strength improvements and pounding food

Comment

MetroFlex SAN DIEGO! PLEASE!
                            2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Are you guys going to be putting up any vids or details on the blast or diet?

Comment

Working...
                              X