Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAHD
    replied
    Trap Bar 250kg X 8 and 200kg X 21 prior to rotating it out. Kept worrying about injury as you say.

Rack Deads this week only doing 180kg X 15, such a different movement.

I am sure you will be worrying about injury no matter what you lift when it comes to any deadlift movement.

Leave a comment:

• MachMood
    replied
    I'm debating going to a trap bar or doing my rack pulls with a cambered bar to get my hands back alittle/better back position and put even more emphasis on upper back. Past few months as my rack pull Weight increases I start thinking about injury and if it's worth it to keep this exercise in. Obviously the goal is to get brutally strong, which brings risk. But atleast for me deadlift/variants always seem to get me eventually.

Leave a comment:

• mateus
    replied
    If I get into deads for reps I use more of the cluster method. For instance, using 80-85% of my 1RM I will do 3-4 sets of 3-8 reps with 10-15 seconds between each pull. I have also done some clusters that are 5,4,3,2,1 with 50-60% of 1RM with 15-20 seconds between each round of reps. So 5 pulls rest 15 sec, 4 pulls rest 15 sec, etc, etc. This allows me to get the reps in without getting sloppy.

Leave a comment:

• SAHD
    replied
    I do my reps with the trap bar.

Leave a comment:

• LG1
    replied
    Same boat as Sammich as far as injury and I don't pull anything close to his numbers. I too battled with this question and just did them pretty much as prescribed a heavy set followed by a "lighter" set. I would deload each rep on the floor.

I personally like rack deads, trap bard deads and HS plate loaded deads more as far as higher reps are concerned.
    Last edited by LG1; 08-29-2013, 09:54 AM.

Leave a comment:

• theroymccoy
    replied
    What feels awkward about it?

I like doing deads in my DC training. I know the "proper" way of deadlifting is a dead stop but I like touch-and-go because I feel more tension (and theoretically, more stimulation) in the back which is what I want. Touch-and-go also teaches me to go slow on those negatives which I feel, if done properly and you know what feels right, adds more stimulus.

Leave a comment:

• Sammich
    replied
    Personally I don't do deadlifts for reps anymore. I have a back injury that was caused by my form getting shitty when I get fatigued, so for me it's crucial that my form stay tight. I am of the opinion that for back thickness (on DC) it might be better to go with rack deads (or deadlifts off blocks) to lessen the toll on the legs.

Leave a comment:

• DaveEboy
    started a topic Standard Deadlifts for Reps

Standard Deadlifts for Reps

Do any of you guys find it awkward to do heavy sets of deadlifts for multiple reps?

After pulling my heavy set today .... I then did 4 sets of 3 reps with only about 30 seconds rest in between sets .... 'speed reps' I think is what powerlifters call sets like that.

That was with a weight that I could easily of done 12 reps or more with in a regular non-stop set.

Just curious. I am wanting to do deadlifts on one of my back thickness days ... but more than 5 reps in a set, at any weight, just feels awkward to me.

Anybody else run DL's in their DC training and if so ... what method do you use? A full rest\pause between reps while still holding on to the bar, or touch and go. (or 'bounce and go' if you watch some youtube video's haha)
Working...
X