Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bodybuilding Diets....lo CARB and DC.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bodybuilding Diets....lo CARB and DC.....

Lately I have been getting a lot of emails and PM's on commenting on diet...basically "review my diet"
    Basically I won't divulge exact diets here as they are really not to be posted but....
    I consider nutrition 70% of the game, and have seen guys break their balls in the gym and take a tanker truck full of growth agents and barely gain any weight because they don't eat enough. (ALL of this is just what Dante has rehashed again and again and again since day one with cycling for pennies)
    Now eating enough doesn't mean being a pig..and stuffing yer face with tons of saturated fats and simple sugars...
    IT's fairly simple to me:
    EAT 2.5 grams of protein per pound of bodyweight from sources such as beef steak and at times-night-=after 6-7 pm leaner cuts of meat ie- chicken/tuna/pork-white meat, turkey fish etc.
    Take in at least 2 shakes a day and 1 post wo and one before bed
    Use olive oil
    UTILIZE THE CARB CUT OFF.............AND I MEAN UTILIZE IT DON'T STRAY.....it all adds up and in 6 months of DC training eating carbs later and later and more often the fat will accumulate.
    After 7 pm I eat chicken/lean beef/tuna/etc and tons of veggies steamed broccoli and spinach are my fav's plus salads. I eat a ton of complex carbs and EFA's before 4PM but not after other than post work out carbs.
    Back to the original intent of this post..........YOU CAN'T BLAST ON A LOW CARB CATABOLIC DIET...YOU AREN'T GOING TO GAIN OPTIMALLY. I get a olot of diets that are low in carbs and people saying they are going to blast it and do cardio and all to make up for fat gained on DC training because they ignored the carb cutoffs.
    I have done at times in the past and the only thing that helped me was to go back to the carb cut off and after 2 months the fat was off but I cost myself valuable time. I am a big believer in dieting SLOWLY and will take 16-21 weeks to diet for a show....

I am sorry if this appears out of line and if it is please delete it it is not meant as a flame but a thread to help drill the principles of the program into peoples heads..it is to help you learn from our mistakes and for you to make optimal gains......
    Lots of vets on here that don't need to hear this..but a lot of newbies to DC training that it can help.
    PEACE.
    Last edited by Massive G; 09-14-2004, 10:14 AM.
    Massive G
    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

G, Thanks no way it be deleted, and for the record I tell trainees, diet is 100% and training is 100% of any program, not one is better than the other, they both need strict attention to add muscle mass...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

great post G
      TRAIN
      EAT
      SLEEP

DC STYLE!!!

www.trueprotein.com

Comment

I'm getting foggy here, I must be low carb. Is 500g day low carb??? :dcchomp:

I can't agree more. I go to some bb boards and these guys all wanna jump on roids or PH's at 17 or 18 yrs old and use the "Don't tell me to just eat more, I know best" mentality.
        No, not just bb.com either, but some boards that are supposed to be thinking mens boards.
        These guys JUST DON'T get it, YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!
        Eat little be little, eat big be big, eat crap be big and crappy looking.
        I always use the 20x LBW for a starting point for hard gainers, most of which are below LBW x 12. Add 100 cals/day every day (good food). When you hit 20x, stick for a week, If not gaining, add 100/day for one week and hold. Reach the "pudge point" and back down 200-300/day. Frontload the carbs, you ain't gonna burn many carbs after 7pm (I don't care how hot she is).
        EAT BIG, LIFT BIG, GET BIG!!!
        Last edited by ctgblue; 09-14-2004, 11:01 AM.
        Lift big 2 get big
        TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
        mod at bodybuilding.com
        mod at iron-forum.com
        mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
        So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
        "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
        Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

DC says gobble down the protein, and if ur still hungry eat the carbs. Well as I force myself to eat anyway, surely I must also force myself to eat the carbs else I will be in a state of ketosis all the time--which is why I find it hard to know how much carbs I should really be consuming
          "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

If you have a tough time getting the carbs, hit some between meal drinks like gatorade, etc.. I mix fructose and dextrose in my before and after workout shakes (I workout at 5am)
            A few simple sugars early in the day won't hurt, but watch the simple sugars with relatively fatty foods
            Lift big 2 get big
            TrueProtein.com Use discount code ctg001 for additional savings on already great prices
            mod at bodybuilding.com
            mod at iron-forum.com
            mod at melanoplanet.com

Obesity related illness will account for more than 1/2 of all health care costs in the next few years.
            So why is the damn government waging war on the FITNESS Industry??
            "Before you criticize someone, try walking a mile in their shoes.
            Because, then you're a mile away, AND you've got their shoes"

Comment

Originally posted by rackitup
              DC says gobble down the protein, and if ur still hungry eat the carbs. Well as I force myself to eat anyway, surely I must also force myself to eat the carbs else I will be in a state of ketosis all the time--which is why I find it hard to know how much carbs I should really be consuming
              Protein=Muscle
              Complex Carbs=Energy
              Simple Carbs=Insulin Spike

So what do you need the most, ok then...
              "That damn log book"

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                Protein=Muscle
                Complex Carbs=Energy
                Simple Carbs=Insulin Spike

So what do you need the most, ok then...
                Yeah dont get me wrong, I AM shovelling the protein down 1st and getting my daily requirements of 400g+ (for my BW), but then theres making enough room for the carbs---and I need energy in the gym obviously
                "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."

"Get...it...done"

**RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

Comment

I'd eat a shit sandwitch if thats what it would take to gain. Before 6pm of course.

SS aside, great post massive. What you typed plus that paying your dues thread by DC has really woken me up to eatting again. I don't want to get to 30 after lifting for 13years and not even be half way where I want to be. Just because I couldn't just give it all now and reap the rewards now and later.
                  Training Like Crapp Takes Intensity

Comment

Originally posted by In-Human
                    G, Thanks no way it be deleted, and for the record I tell trainees, diet is 100% and training is 100% of any program, not one is better than the other, they both need strict attention to add muscle mass...
                    Oh yes I agree as I shouldn't have put up a % as it is different for everyone.
                    There are not many of us that are genetic freaks..that can get by on 3-400 grams of protein a day and grow or stay lean at 300 lbs like DJ and Cutler and Ronnie.
                    For example I get fat and soft on simple sigars..never can cheat on them always cheat on fats.

It always boils down for me:
                    1 Genetics*
                    2. nutrition/training
                    3. recouperation
                    4. last if even neccessary-Super supplements.

I think a prime example of genetics is Dave Henry....no doubt he is blessed but he is in the trenches with the rest of us...puking after legs and exhausted by the stretching rest pausing beating the log book static holding shoveling the protein down etc.
                    He's got great genetics but also pays meticulous attention to nutrition and trains so friggin hard he bends bars in the process..so in the end genetics don't mean diddly with out 110% effort which he has shown.

Genetics isn't something we can change but I feel we can alter the metabolism and muscles appearence through training stretching and food........chemisrty be damned.
                    I am going to shortly start working on a thread -basically outlining nutrition and eating for function..sort of a real time reality thread..it will be posted here and Mayhem in about a month.
                    I need to start giving back more instead of playing babysitter at Mayhem and Anabolex....cause Lord knows I have taken enough and learned enough from you wonderful people on here and the net in general.
                    Massive G
                    Discount Code MASSG

www.trueprotein.com

Discount Code MASSG

MG "Powdered Muscle" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6952

MG "Testosterone Booster" http://www.trueprotein.com/Product_D...id=31&pid=6954

Comment

great post... im just alittle confused on what your saying about dieting with the DC diet. Are you saying if your gonna go low carbs to diet dont expect much from blasting low carbs... or are you pretty much just saying no need to go low carb just keep the cut off and the fat will come off. Becuase eventually there will be a time while your dieting you will have to bring the carb cut off pretty low if dieting right? Dont flame me lol just asking

Comment

Originally posted by Massive G
                        I am going to shortly start working on a thread -basically outlining nutrition and eating for function..sort of a real time reality thread..it will be posted here and Mayhem in about a month.
                        I need to start giving back more instead of playing babysitter at Mayhem and Anabolex....cause Lord knows I have taken enough and learned enough from you wonderful people on here and the net in general.
                        That would be a great thread G, would really appreciate that and yes you are right 100%, babysitting can get old quick very quick...
                        "That damn log book"

Comment

great post G
                          My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

okay Massive, you asked for it, so here are some questions:

1) what do you consider to be low carb? would you consider 350 g of carbs on workout days (majority simple and around and post/pre workout) and oh say....100 g of carbs on non workout days to be low carb?
                            2) please explain on what you mean by, "cheat on fats."
                            3) how much is an ample amount of olive oil do you think? on non training days, the majority of my meals are pro/fat, so i have about 12-15 tbsp of olive oil on those days.
                            4) carb cut off's do matter of course, but why do you keep your fats so low during the carb cut off period? would it be possible to have a steak (not the leanest of meats) during the carb cut off period, or would this be not suitable for you (anyone?). also, could an olive oil shake (not the last meal of the night), be taken during this time, or once again, you like to keep it lean fats, no carbs during this period?
                            5) due to gluconeogenesis, couldn't the excess amount of protein be used by your body as glucose, thus meaning it is energy? if your body can do this, then why couldn't you just boat load the protein, and actually keep the diet slightly low carb. for example, Dante layed out his diet in Cycle for Pennies, and granted that is years old, but still it was high protein, high fat (olive oil), and low carbs. his metabo was still extremely elite, and obviously he was still growing, and destroying the logbook.

Thank you,
                            Shivan
                            word

Comment

massive i really enjoy reading your posts. you have a wealth of knowledge to share and sometimes you probably get caught up having to mod at the other forums and not really able to post. glad to see you posting here.

with you being close to cary we have to train together sometime. i have no problem being humiliated, i'm a glutton for punishment.

Comment

Working...
                              X