Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building the tear drop

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Building the tear drop

    Ok so we gotta stick to the basics, leg press, hack, squats etc, so is it just genetically predetermined how much the "tear drop"/lower quads grows from these exercises?

    I hear all the time leg extensions build the tear drop, but 1) I dont like the exercise and 2) Its not one of the DC recommended mass builders

    So is it purely, stick to the basics, and if you got it you got it...and if you aint....u aint????!

    Cheers
    "Never give up form for weight, makes no sense, form is key the weights will follow..."


    "Get...it...done"


    **RACK's Shitt HOTT Dogg Logg**


    CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE

  • #2
    lift more weight with propper form on any excersise and the tear drop will come, must have lower fat % to see it-- the basics work.

    i never do leg extensions because most machines are anatomicaly incorrect--the center of the rotation should line up with the knee joint and almost every machine and every setting i have tried dont do that
    im not hardcore, im not cool, pretending any different would be acting the fool--- ill leave that to those who are good at it

    Training for the Proffesional Natural Olympia fall 2006

    RESPECT ALL, ADMIRE FEW, IDOLIZE NONE

    SQUAT TILL YER EYES BLEED!!!! IM GOIN PLATNUM STRAIT TO THE TOP NEVER STOP UNLESS I DROP.

    Comment


    • #3
      Ok, i'll put my smart ass input about this. I just completed my semester's worth of lower extremity study. That tear-drop is simply the Vastus Medialis, and the lowest part (closer to patella is known as the VMO- (vastus medialis oblique, aka the tear drop). Anyhow, If you look at the anatomy of the muscle belly itself, The vastus medialis angles into the patella at 15 to 18 degrees while the VMO angles in at about 60+ degrees sometimes as much as 90+ . It is thought that the function of the VMO is to act solely as a medial stabilizer of the patella rather than as an leg extender (leg extension etc).

      The best exersises that recruits the VMO is possibly the squat, hack & leg press. Leg press probably recruits the VMO the best- because as you sit down at an inclined angle- (45 degrees or so), with your feet in a neutral posistion. this takes out the utilization of rectus femoris and vastus intermedius of your leg- (muscle belly extends from patella all the way to your proximal femor & AIIS) and places more emphasis on your vastus medialis as well for vastus lateralis.

      Comment


      • #4
        Squat. One legged Leg Presses till you see white sparlies floating around you...then get to an ER.
        International Elite Raw Powerlifter
        Blood - Sweat - Chalk

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by MikeyG
          Ok, i'll put my smart ass input about this. I just completed my semester's worth of lower extremity study. That tear-drop is simply the Vastus Medialis, and the lowest part (closer to patella is known as the VMO- (vastus medialis oblique, aka the tear drop). Anyhow, If you look at the anatomy of the muscle belly itself, The vastus medialis angles into the patella at 15 to 18 degrees while the VMO angles in at about 60+ degrees sometimes as much as 90+ . It is thought that the function of the VMO is to act solely as a medial stabilizer of the patella rather than as an leg extender (leg extension etc).

          The best exersises that recruits the VMO is possibly the squat, hack & leg press. Leg press probably recruits the VMO the best- because as you sit down at an inclined angle- (45 degrees or so), with your feet in a neutral posistion. this takes out the utilization of rectus femoris and vastus intermedius of your leg- (muscle belly extends from patella all the way to your proximal femor & AIIS) and places more emphasis on your vastus medialis as well for vastus lateralis.
          I hope you ain't teaching BigP all this stuff, cause you already passing his sorry ass up in the gym, so just give it to him so he can understand it and kick his ass in the gym, ok, thanx...
          "That damn log book"

          www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

          Comment


          • #6
            Fuck that pisses me of IH,,,,, ahhhhh,,,, I need to kick mikeys ass now. One area I know I can stomp him at is eating and don't you worry I will scoot right past him on the scale this winter... Look out MG I am coming bro..... LOL
            I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

            "Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by bigp3
              Fuck that pisses me of IH,,,,, ahhhhh,,,, I need to kick mikeys ass now. One area I know I can stomp him at is eating and don't you worry I will scoot right past him on the scale this winter... Look out MG I am coming bro..... LOL
              See what a little motivational post can do for you, you are welcome, buddy...
              "That damn log book"

              www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

              Comment


              • #8
                BigP is just all talk.... talkity talk...talks how he'll beat my ass. Thank goodness that I'm deaf... otherwise I dont know how in the world other people can stand being around him in the gym. All I do is, smile and nod... while I'm thinking how big ugly son-of-a-bitch he is, although i give him props on his leg thickness & back width. lol.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by MikeyG
                  BigP is just all talk.... talkity talk...talks how he'll beat my ass. Thank goodness that I'm deaf... otherwise I dont know how in the world other people can stand being around him in the gym. All I do is, smile and nod... while I'm thinking how big ugly son-of-a-bitch he is, although i give him props on his leg thickness & back width. lol.

                  LOLOL, way to go MikeyG, lol...
                  "That damn log book"

                  www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X