Ask a guy named Doggcrapp anything...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ask a guy named Doggcrapp anything...

So for the last few years Ive been inundated at Truenutrition and our manufacturing company. Truenutrition is 3 shifts around the clock. All in all we have 30 plus employees now and its been Busy with a capital B....and my time to write has been few and far between. I wrote Hardcore Muscle from the early 90's to mid 90's....and then on the net I wrote so much I dont even know where it all is from 1997 to about 2010 (alot of those boards are probably gone now). I cannot even believe how much I have written on the net in the past now that i think about it.

Its hard for me to write this post because my personality screams this out to me while I am writing it "Well who the F*ck are you? Why would anyone think your opinion is so important that you should do a Q+A thread again?" ..... But I have kept getting asked to do things like this in emails and PM's for a long time ....so I am just going to throw it out there.
    In the past Ive been in so many arguments on the net that its tough for me now to go on threads on other boards blaring with my opinion anymore but if you want me to be an open book and see my sides of things.....Ill do it right here in this thread.

I ask one thing...sure we can talk about training, drugs, supplements, bodybuilding, people in the sport, rumors, health etc etc etc....but I have alot of opinions on business, relationships, mistakes Ive made that I would want others to steer clear of, both in this bodybuilding endeavor and in general. So if you want me to be an open book I ask that you dont be scared to ask my opinion of something that is outside of the bbing realm...(because society issues and psychology etc etc interest me)
    Its going to be hard for me to answer questions like "can you write a complete training and nutritional routine for a 5'10" 178 pound guy who is ectomorphic?" because you guys know when i get started i start rambling....and then it becomes a short story and then a book....so please dont destroy me with something that is going to take me 5 hours to respond to...LOL

Ill do my best to be forthright, honest and informational in this thread.

Let it rip...throw it at me (oh christ what did i just get myself into?)
    IG is

@dante_trudel

How can I repay you?
    Ph.D., Theoretical Physics '16
    kind of a douche

Comment

First of all, thank you so much for starting up this thread.

I will start off with an off-topic one. What are you general views on preparing for retirement?

Comment

Thank you for taking your time to do this, I've read pretty much everything you've posted here at IM and your input means a whole hell of a lot to me and many others on here.

Do you ever incorporate short duration, higher intensity cardio *i.e sprints* into DC to help cardiovascular endurance for better widowmaker sets?
        :preach:

Comment

Originally posted by Sammich View Post
          How can I repay you?
          with tastefully done nude pics
          IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

How often do you do cardio? do you suggest cardio when not prepping? How much weight should a natural bb'er be over stage weight? Oh, and thanks again. Really have learned a ton here. Good luck with this thread.
            2005 HOA Natural Classic
            2006 OCB Midwest
            2007 ABA Natural Illinois
            2008 HOA Natural Classic
            NPC Mid-Illinois
            NPC Midwest Open
            NPC Natural Grand Prix
            2012 NGA Clash of the Titans
            USPA Illinois State
            NGA Heart of America
            NGA Clash of the Titans

SAVE 5% ON YOUR NEXT ORDER FROM www.truenutrition.com order - Use Code RHB606

Comment

After all these years, is the "broomstick thing" still your number one recommendation for RC issues or have you found something better?

Comment

Originally posted by letsmoveplates View Post
                First of all, thank you so much for starting up this thread.

I will start off with an off-topic one. What are you general views on preparing for retirement?
                This is a very tough one for me to answer. My mother just died and I was by her bedside when she passed. Very tough thing to go through and you come out of that with a "wow just live for now and stop worrying so much about the future" mentality.

I am torn on this. I cannot stand seeing anyone put every bit of money away worrying about retirement and then they realized they didnt live "great" during their active years because of it...or worse yet they suffer some sort of health mishap and the whole retirement saving gameplan was a complete waste. On the other hand nothing would be scarier than not having the funds needed when you are retired.

With that said I did an accredited life insurance plan that doubles as a retirement plan that gains interest over the years and its fully funded...and i did that over the last 5 years.

My answer to this is kind of general im sorry but I feel its important that everyone should try to be some sort of entrepneur if they can in their really active years (whether that is you work for someone at a good job with a good career and with that salary you buy real estate or really invest well) or you develop your own entrepeneurial business. If you have the extra money to put away for retirement then definitely do so...but I feel the big picture should be "create a wealth (real estate, landlord, investments, a business) now"....and if you do that now....it would be very rare you would be in any kind of bad situation later.

Whether someone is working for himself, or working for a company....i think they always should have an eye on more sources of income. I dont think anyone should ever depend on one job. And that thought process, and the working hard at other sources of income will help greatly with a retirement plan now or the huge nestegg you have when you do retire.
                IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

Originally posted by liftweights View Post
                  Thank you for taking your time to do this, I've read pretty much everything you've posted here at IM and your input means a whole hell of a lot to me and many others on here.

Do you ever incorporate short duration, higher intensity cardio *i.e sprints* into DC to help cardiovascular endurance for better widowmaker sets?
                  I think it would be great if someone can do it. The problem always has been that the guys recommending it are about 200 pounds at 6 foot tall. It is very hard for a large bodybuilder or an older bodybuilder with appreciable mass to do HIIT. It does work and work well and I would propose anyone who CAN do it to give it a try. I like everyone to be doing some sort of cardio regardless
                  IG is

@dante_trudel

Comment

how much food are you currently eating on a daily basis in terms of #s and what weight/height/bodyfat/and etc?

and if you could tell young DC 3 things about anything from your expreeinces now, what would they be?

Comment

ok well you opened up a can of worms:

what top mistakes that you learned from in each of the various fields of marriage/relationships, business, family matters, dealing with people, and education?

(kinda vague but just anything regarding the topics)

Comment

congrats on the business, are you surprised at how well the business is doing in such a down economy or is the fitness/supplement business pretty much recession proof?

Comment

Diet wise ; have you changed your view on anything considering the new research etc?

If yes; what have you changed?
                          mister69
                          Light-heavyweight Member
                          Last edited by mister69; 08-09-2013, 01:21 AM.
                          [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                          Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

what is the avg day for DC like?

Comment

For a natural trainee do you still recomend protein @ 1 -2 g/lb bw ?
                              [http://www.truenutrition.com

-discount code: ADA774-

Buy the highest quality protein and other supplements at the lowest prices.
                              Save 5% on all orders.

Comment

Working...
                              X