Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weak Shoulders

Guys,
    I have been doing DC for about 5 years now and built up some good size and strength, but now im running into a problem/issue.
    To get you some info about me, I am:
    5'9" (with shoes on...LOL)
    35yo
    220 lbs / 15%bf (but is getting lower!)
    arms 18", chest 48.5", quad 29"
    Anyways, to get back to my issue, I have been doing the 2 way split since I started and really like it. But the issue im running into is that after chest, my shoulder excersizes have been suffering. I know well enought to drop excersizes and replace them with different ones.
    HEre is what happens, for example, I did the incline press (hammer strength) for 340 x 15rp, then did my stretch and after a few minutes walked over to do some DB shoulder presses.
    This I did 80 x 14rp after a quick warm up and cant seem to do any better even though i am on week 3 of my blast. The same goes for military press (BB press) when that excersize pops up in my rotation, I do well one week but goes downhill the next time I do this and I cant seem to get any better.
    The question I have is that is my chest excersizes too heavy and taxing my shoulders too much? Would switchning to the 3 way split help with this? Any advcie would be appreciated.
    Thank you!

Originally posted by CRH View Post
    Guys,
    I have been doing DC for about 5 years now and built up some good size and strength, but now im running into a problem/issue.
    To get you some info about me, I am:
    5'9" (with shoes on...LOL)
    35yo
    220 lbs / 15%bf (but is getting lower!)
    arms 18", chest 48.5", quad 29"
    Anyways, to get back to my issue, I have been doing the 2 way split since I started and really like it. But the issue im running into is that after chest, my shoulder excersizes have been suffering. I know well enought to drop excersizes and replace them with different ones.
    HEre is what happens, for example, I did the incline press (hammer strength) for 340 x 15rp, then did my stretch and after a few minutes walked over to do some DB shoulder presses.
    This I did 80 x 14rp after a quick warm up and cant seem to do any better even though i am on week 3 of my blast. The same goes for military press (BB press) when that excersize pops up in my rotation, I do well one week but goes downhill the next time I do this and I cant seem to get any better.
    The question I have is that is my chest excersizes too heavy and taxing my shoulders too much? Would switchning to the 3 way split help with this? Any advcie would be appreciated.
    Thank you!
    Try not stretching your chest until after your shoulders. I feel like the extreme chest stretch right before a press taxes me too much personally, so I stretch chest and shoulders at the same time. And please stop spelling exercise like that.

Good luck!
    :preach:

Comment

It might be that your triceps is the weaker link after your chest pressing, maybe try to find some shoulder exercises that not depends so much on triceps. Also maybe try to do some machine presses for shoulders, as its easyer to focus on delts on them as supposed to dumbell presses that needs alot of stabilizing etc..

Comment

What are your 3 shoulder movements?

How are you trying to progress? For example this time on db presses yyou got 14rp, with 80's. What did you get last time? Next time you hit db presses what would you do?

Personally for db presses id have started in a much higher rp range.

Comment

1. Maybe you're just getting older.

2. Calories/fats are lower this blast around.

3. Other stress in your life hindering recovery.

4. Save the 3 pushing stretches until you're done with all pushing and before pulling.

5. Too many free-weight exercises in 1 session...maybe just do 1 and then machines.

6. Too low of a RP range.

7. Maybe you are due for the 3-way...I'll leave it up to you to post pics and also leave it up to the more experienced members to give you advice on that.
          Max Muscle
          5020 Katella Ave.
          Los Alamitos, CA 90720
          www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

2 cents here, why not start with lower weights on those and gradually up the weight and maybe lower the range? For example, instead of the 80's, start with the 60's, up 5 lbs every week. How often do you cruise?

Comment

Thanks guys!!
              I will take your suggestions and let you know how it goes.

Comment

What do you chest,delt,tri days look like? Exercises/rep ranges?

Comment

Working...
                X