dc training with limited equipment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dc training with limited equipment

Hey guys, I've trained dc style off and on the lat couple years alternated with higher volume routines for change of pace, but I'm wanting to start back up on dc again. The only problem is that i lift in my garage and I'm limited on the variety of equipment...

I have my Westside rack, ghd, adjustable bench, db's to 75 (soon to be 120), leg ext, and my plate weights. I've been doing more of a John Meadows inspired routine these last 8 weeks, but i feel its time for a change (tired, lack of motivation, etc). I'm taking a week off too dead and recuperate, and I'm trying to decide what to do when i start back up.

I know i can't do a true dc routine since i lack enough equipment to properly rotate exercises, but what do you guys think i could put together that's as close as possible? Its between dc training style or 531.......both ends of the spectrum i know lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

I think Wendlerl put out a 531 program with rest pausing. Look it up...
    SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

Originally posted by trontheman View Post
      Hey guys, I've trained dc style off and on the lat couple years alternated with higher volume routines for change of pace, but I'm wanting to start back up on dc again. The only problem is that i lift in my garage and I'm limited on the variety of equipment...

I have my Westside rack, ghd, adjustable bench, db's to 75 (soon to be 120), leg ext, and my plate weights. I've been doing more of a John Meadows inspired routine these last 8 weeks, but i feel its time for a change (tired, lack of motivation, etc). I'm taking a week off too dead and recuperate, and I'm trying to decide what to do when i start back up.

I know i can't do a true dc routine since i lack enough equipment to properly rotate exercises, but what do you guys think i could put together that's as close as possible? Its between dc training style or 531.......both ends of the spectrum i know lol.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
      I live in a very small town that has 1 gym.....and it's furnished with minimal equipment when compared to your standard commercial-sized gym. When I was doing DC, I had to get very creative with things. It can be done, but a lot of it depends on your ingenuity.

Comment

Thanks man, I looked at wendler's 531 plus rest pause routine. Looks interesting for sure, but do you guys think it could be stretched out to another day?

As far as exercise selection goes, i think I'm pretty safe there, just would have to keep the db movements at really high reps until i get the heavier ones. it would include alot of benching, do you guys think i should alter the rep range and go higher to lessen the injury risk?

This is a main reason I'm considering 531, i can do all 4 core lifts, and the accessory work is whatever you feel us necessary.

What do you guys think, I'd hate to bastardize dc to a point where its ineffective.

Thanks

Comment

Bump. Thanks

Comment

Lol. I would run wendlers rp program as layed out for a few months and then see if you can handle a fourth day...
            SAVE 5-10% @ TRUENUTRITION.com Use code: LG100

- Success is the best revenge

Comment

I concur about the 5/3/1 routine. I'm not sure if you will be able to be creative enough to make an effective DC program. You may not be able to put together enough exercises for each muscle group especially when you have to drop one and find another. 5/3/1 is very solid.
              1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
              2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
              2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
              2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
              2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
              2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
              Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

U can do straight dc at home. Run a search on this forum and youll find it.

Chest... In,flat,dec... Barbell, dumbbell... That's 6 for chest right there.

Back width... Pull ups if u don't have a pull down station... Wide, reverse grip, close, behind neck, pull overs

Back thickness... Bar rows, dumbbell rows, dead lift, sumo dl, cleans...

Delts.... Dumbbell, barbell press... Seated or standing... Behind neck... Upright rows...

Tris.... Skull crushers, in flat dec, barbell, dumbells... Overhead ext, bar, dumb

Bis..forearms..... Bar , dumbell curls, reverse grip curls, hammer curls, spider curls, pin wheels, forearm rolls, preacher curls using dumbell on incline bench

Quads.. Squat, front squat, leg ext, lunges

Hams...leg curl with dumbell, good morning, stiff leg dl bar or dumbells, Ghr

Calves.... Standing with bar, one leg standing with dumbell, seated with bar across thighs...
                Last edited by Superman55; 06-14-2013, 03:41 PM.

Comment

That's what i was figuring up earlier, what all lifts i can do and rotate. I could probably straight set certain lifts, but I'm leaning heavily towards 531. It works, it's easy to program, and it's flexible for accessory work.

Comment

Working...
                  X