Leaving Your Gym

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leaving Your Gym

What would make you decide to leave your gym? Tammy and I deal with the smalltown...and I mean SMALL...area and what it offers. We pay a family membership to a gym of nearly $60 that offers very little but unfortunately it is about the only option with exception of a Y which does have some high tech and NEW Nautilus equipment. What we really have discovered is this gym that we are now at is just a "home" for the employess to play whatever music they always want, keep the same equipment they always want and keep the hours they want. This is a small example but Labor Day weekend was closed and so was Memorial Day. The place just isn't customer friendly. Can anyone relate?
    International Elite Raw Powerlifter
    Blood - Sweat - Chalk

yeah, my gym was closed on labor day too, well it wasn't closed but they were having a fucking b-b-q for the members, with a full bar too, WTF...i came here to throw some iron around, not eat hot dogs and slop down a six pack. i only pay 15.00 per month, and it is close to home, so it is not bad...

d
    TRUEPROTEIN.COM

THE HIGHEST QUALITY SUPPLEMENTS AT THE ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICE...

Comment

Well, this place is a retarded place. And alot of the guys talk openly about steroids which is STUPID. Even the manager has his shit delivered there. THE BODY SHOP GYM in Northwest OHIO for ALL THE DEA.
      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

TPC, where the fuck can you workout for 15$$ a month,,,,, no place in my town that cheap...
        I do not condone the use of anabolic steroids or any illegal drug, any information discussed is for educational purposes only.

"Every goal has a price if you are willing to pay it"

Comment

Same with ours, except it was closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday AND Monday. They take EVERY damn day off. They have people that aren't part of the family that work there *though 3/4 of the employees ARE lazy ass family members that don't do a fucking thing* and they could easily get someone to open up on those days but nope. They don't have very much equipment and I pay $25.00 a month. It's a very messy, unorganized place, but the other place in town is even messier and even MORE unorganized. That's what I get for living in shitty ass Orangeburg. We aren't even a small town, we have around 100000 people. Trust me, when something better opens up, I WILL leave my 'home' gym, LOL.

Comment

WOW! Well, I have corn fields around me.
            Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Well the gym I mainly train at is open 5am-10pm M-F and weekends 7-7, they are only closed for New Years Day and X-mas Day, but half days on other holidays like Labor, Memorial and Thanksgiving. We have a very tight group of family I call them we mostly all know each other and there is maybe 2500-2700 members, I have been here since '91. This place has at least 200 pieces of equipment and iron everywhere but DBs only to 150, so you have to deal with some downers, oh yea we the members run the radio, respect who is in there but we change it when we want.

I am lucky to live in such a crowded area that I also have a membership to 24 Hour Sport Clubs and they are open 24 hrs ED...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Well, you might cry when I tell you this: our dumbells go up to 110! I bought this awkward Olympic Dumbell set to use but its really not very easty to use. These people just don't care. And you gotta understand for what we pay in this area? It's awful. I think I have made up my mind. Thanks guys. Time to join the village people.
                Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

Ours isn't much better, only goes up to 120s. And get this, we only have ONE Smythe and ONE power rack. How many flat benches that are set up specifically for well...flat benching? I think it's 6-7. Shows you what people prioritize around here. Lately, we have TWO treadmills that actually work. Even though I'm not going to sit here and call myself 'hardcore', I just wish someone would open up a Temple type gym. God that'd be a second home to me...LOL

Comment

none of the employees are ever at my gym on holidays. but they give the members the security code to the door so you can still go work out. we only have one smythe and one power rack also. but it's nothing but weiners working out at my gym, so they are too busy doing swiss ball curls and junk to be in my way. so it's not too bad.
                    My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable. I'm unna eat your style, i'm unna eat your style's kids.

Comment

http://members.tripod.com/body_shop1/

Here is their website. Why they have one I have no clue.
                      Blood - Sweat - Chalk

Comment

mine's open 24/7, and has dbs up to 240, muahahahahaha :p

the advantage of having my own private gym

Originally posted by Future

haha, wow, they're too cheap to even buy a real domain

and i love the MS paint drawing

http://members.tripod.com/body_shop1...ctures/guy.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Future

Damn buddy, I am real sorry, but do what you have to...
                          "That damn log book"

Comment

[QUOTE=In-Human]Well the gym I mainly train at is open 5am-10pm M-F and weekends 7-7, they are only closed for New Years Day and X-mas Day, but half days on other holidays like Labor, Memorial and Thanksgiving. We have a very tight group of family I call them we mostly all know each other and there is maybe 2500-2700 members, I have been here since '91. This place has at least 200 pieces of equipment and iron everywhere but DBs only to 150, so you have to deal with some downers, oh yea we the members run the radio, respect who is in there but we change it when we want.

I am lucky to live in such a crowded area that I also have a membership to 24 Hour Sport Clubs and they are open 24 hrs ED...[/QUOT

IH: your gym is the shit !! i would love to join that place the atmosphere alone tells you alone "you better come in here and lift, no bullshitting allowed unless it relates to the iron!!" :showoff:
                            "I pitty the fool who doesnt buy from www.trueprotein.com"

Comment

Originally posted by mobsta
                              IH: your gym is the shit !! i would love to join that place the atmosphere alone tells you alone "you better come in here and lift, no bullshitting allowed unless it relates to the iron!!" :showoff:
                              That is the best thing about this gym, you don't mess around in there, its a competitors gym and thats the atmosphere every day, I love it.

Oh yea I forgot to mention, its $25.00 a month...
                              "That damn log book"

Comment

Working...
                              X