Conventional deads and SLDL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conventional deads and SLDL

IF I do conventional deadlifts on upper day, then the next leg day do SLDL, is that a recipe for overtrained lower back? Also, IF doing SLDL my quad exercise should NOT be squats correct? maybe like hack squats or leg presses?

also, just curious is there any way to program SLDL AND conventional with the 3 way? theres just not a lot of recovery time for the lower back looking at my excel spreadsheet

Comment

Originally posted by Juggy38 View Post
      IF I do conventional deadlifts on upper day, then the next leg day do SLDL, is that a recipe for overtrained lower back? Also, IF doing SLDL my quad exercise should NOT be squats correct? maybe like hack squats or leg presses?
      how much do you lift in the exercises above? and whats your bodyweight?

of course the lower back can easily be overtrained, but it should not be a problem unless you are lifting serious weight, or maybe have subpar technique, esp in squat and deadlift, as those two can be pretty easy to the lower back when done correctly...? They tend to be really taxing on the lower back when you dont warm up/stretch enough and do the things you need to do to get limber enough before EVERY workout to do them perfectly. A perfect squat and deadlift needs lots of flexibility to get it right, thats why 90% of people does them wrong...

if you stretch, foamroll, cardio and do some muscle activating/posture work it should not be a problem unless you lift some really heavy weights.

you should also do your squatting and deadlifting with 1-2sek stops at the bottom to avoid bouncing and sloppy lifting

Comment

Working...
      X