Diet Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diet Question

Hi. Any comments on my diet? I bumped up the calories a little cause the growth stopped.

9am - 2 Cups Oatmeal, 250ml Milk, 1 Scoop Whey, Cottage Cheese (70P, 100C, 15F)

12pm - (Pre-WO) 1 Cup Oatmeal, 250ml Milk, 1.5 Sccops Whey (56P, 60C, 8F)

1.30pm - (Post-WO) 1 Cup Oatmeal, 45g Dextrose, 2 Sccops Whey (56P, 90C, 8F)

2.30pm - (Post-WO) Tuna, Cottage Cheese, Pasta, Baked Beans (52P, 58C, 4F)

5.30pm - Cottage Cheese, Whey, Olive Oil (53P, 3C, 17F)

8.30pm - Lean Beef Steak, Olive Oil (52P, 1C, 15F)

11.30pm - (Pre-Bed) Cottage Cheese, Olive Oil (30P, 1C, 10F)

3-4am (piss break) - Cottage Cheese (30P, 1C, 3F)

400P, 315C, 82F (45:35:20) ~ 3600.

I'm 190lbs, 12-13% BF

tks.

EDIT: I can't eat chicken or eggs because of the bird-flu virus going around in asia right now
    Last edited by Gareth; 09-10-2004, 12:19 AM.
    "Lyle can stick with his ideas, Im going to stick with mine--he is trying to build 175lb "Marky Marks", and Im trying to build 275lb "Markus Ruhls", Doggcrapp

This is in no way meant to sound smart ass or anything, but the diet looks fine, as long as you are following the way DC outlined it then there is no problem with it.

Comment

The only changes I would make is take the olive oil out of your prebed meal and use 3 scoops of whey in your post w/o meal instead of just 2.
      CrossFit Champions
      Champions Combat Arts

Comment

Your diet seemed fine to me, I'd be more concerned about your training, are you able to increase the poundages with exercises? If you are, then you're on the right track.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyG
          Your diet seemed fine to me, I'd be more concerned about your training, are you able to increase the poundages with exercises? If you are, then you're on the right track.
          tks for the comments guys.

Everything went smooth for the first 2 months until now.

For some reason I'm stalling on chest exercises.

My 3 selected are Incline DB Press, Incline Smith Press and Decline DB Press

and I'm stalling on the first 2 for some reason. I have no problems matching reps but beating it no.
          "Lyle can stick with his ideas, Im going to stick with mine--he is trying to build 175lb "Marky Marks", and Im trying to build 275lb "Markus Ruhls", Doggcrapp

Comment

Well I'd try adding some more protein and/or olive oil then.

Comment

How bout a cruise?...
              "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Shit I did not even think about the length of time he said he has been training. Yes definitely Gareth cruise. Sounds like you are starting to overtrain or are on the verge of it.

Comment

Originally posted by USMuscle9403
                  Shit I did not even think about the length of time he said he has been training. Yes definitely Gareth cruise. Sounds like you are starting to overtrain or are on the verge of it.

Ya I was originally planning a cruise at the end of this month, 3months on, 2 weeks cruise. But looks like its time for it now

Comment

Originally posted by Gareth
                    Ya I was originally planning a cruise at the end of this month, 3months on, 2 weeks cruise. But looks like its time for it now
                    DC's program is the finest line to walk here on the verge or overtraining and making incredible gains, listen to your body and pay attention to what its telling you, the log book speaks many words to...
                    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Gareth, which part of asia are you from?
                      Consistency is the key

Protein? Use this for a 5% discount at www.trueprotein.com: LVP931

Comment

Originally posted by lionel
                        Gareth, which part of asia are you from?
                        I'm actually Australian but I now reside in Singapore.

u?

Comment

hey hey!! How are you ang moh? lol. I'm singaporean too!
                          Consistency is the key

Comment

I'm fine thanks.

OK guys here goes.

I took this entire week off the gym. Maybe I should have cruised but I really wanted my muscles to completely rest. For most of the week I stayed home and did some work. I kept calories high (over 3200k, 400g of protein) to minimize muscle loss. I think I put on a lb of fat LOL.

In any case I can't wait to hit the gym hard start monday.

Question thought... should I cruise for the next week or 2? Lower weight, 15reps straight? Or should I just attempt to RP straight away?

I really looking at a good 2 month bulk and then a cruise and a cut before year end.

Comment

If you think you need more rest and you ain't primed and clucking yet, then go straightsets. If you're feeling damn energized go ahead and rp, but start off with the weights you were at before you started the week off. Try and meet the previous rep range or if better still, beat it. Don't be discouraged if you come up a lil short on some.

You're still bulking now right.. tha cals seem low. Maybe it'll go up when you start training again..
                              Consistency is the key

Comment

Working...
                              X