Olympics to cut wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Olympics to cut wrestling

I dont watch all the rounds of wrestling during the Olympics but i will usually watch the finals. Its sad that they are removing this tradition from the line-up.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/olympi...9336--oly.html
    Wanna save $$$ on your next protein purchase? Use TES117 for 5% off your order at www.truenutrition.com.

And adding skateboarding and rock climbing I think right? Yep..nothing says Olympics like kids with their hats on sideways and their pants down around their ass...
    Joe

Contest History:
    2017 Muscle Heat - 2nd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 3rd Place LHW
    2017 Gold's Classic - 3rd Place Masters 40+ HWT & 4th Place LHW
    2016 GK Classic - 1st Place MW & 4th Place Masters 40+
    2016 Charlotte Europa - 3rd Place MW & 1st Place Masters 35+
    2015 Mid-Atlantic Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 40+ HWY
    2014 Muscle Heat Classic - 4th Place LHW & 4th Place Masters 35+ HWY

Comment

That is really kind of sad. The olympics are supposed to pay tribute to tradition, and wrestling hails from the first Olympic games.

Bravo IOC...Bravo
      Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
      2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
      2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Ok when i first saw this on fb this morn i was like wtf now im just pissed! I wrestled from age six and into college! This is a bunch of horse shit! sorry for the volger language but as i said im pissed! They keep ping pong and horse dancing and shit like that but a sport that supports morals and discipline and removes the youth from gang activities they cut, It a crock!

Comment

What are they thinking??

Besides college, the Olympics are as far as you could go in this sport. Most wrestlers don't make a dime competing. They compete out of true passion which is why I love this sport so much. These are the best conditioned athletes, IMO.
          2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

yeah pretty much the stupidest thing ever..
            Don

Comment

this is horrible.......

Comment

I feel physically ill. This is beyond stupid of the IOC. Wrestlers are amongst the best conditioned (mentally and physically) of any athletes out there. Look who dominates in the UFC (another extremely tough sport)...wrestlers. Wrestlers are a different breed of superhuman that have that "I would rather die on the mat than lose" attitude, that you just don't see in many sports, especially some of the lame-ass "sports" now included in the Olympics. IMO...Unless you have wrestled, or been in a wrestling family, you probably will never get to see or experience what pushing way past your limits is really about. I also played football, soccer, track, bodybuilding, etc....NOTHING compares to it! I wrestled from 2nd grade on, I currently help train wrestlers in the gym, (I only allow my daughters to date wrestlers), and I am sickened that many young talented high school and collegiate wrestlers are running into dead ends in the sport.
                "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

Pure fucking nonsense. My oldest son is wrestling in college next year, and wrestling for a shot at the Olympic team has been a dream of his for a decade.

Fuck the IOC for this. Wrestling is as pure a sport as there is.
                  You're perfect, yes it's true. But without me...you're only you.

Comment

WTF ?

Wrestling has been in the Olympics since the Greeks where doing it. It's pretty much the only sport that lived through ages.

And they're putting skating and rock climbing in ?! What have these guys been smoking ?

Says a lot of today's decline of physical sports.
                    "If you're ready to do DC, you're not gonna give a flying f*(k about fatigue from the previous exercise. You get under the bar and kill it, each and every time." - homonunculus

"Nothing better than coming to IM and seeing a Wall of Text next to that big Tricep pic." - Lonnie123

“Hateful to me as the gates of Hades is that man who hides one thing in his heart and speaks another.” - Homer

The scale doesn't show a number. When he steps on it, it simply reads: Big Mother Fucker. - Skip

Comment

https://www.change.org/petitions/the...ympicwrestling

-S
                      The Book Has Arrived!
                      The Book Has Arrived!

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a pristine, well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, used up, worn out, and shouting, "Holy #$&^%$^... What a ride!!!"

www.TrueNutrition.com

2012 NPC Master's Nationals HW 5th. Mid-USA HW & Overall
                      2010 NPC Jr. USA HW 4th, Pacific USA Heavy 2nd
                      2009 NPC Mr. Arizona HW & Overall, Jr. Nationals HW 16th, Smoked at USA's

Comment

It's gotta be about the money... but I can't believe some of the other stupid sports bring in more money.

I for one will not watch them if it does in fact stay removed...
                        -2013 USAPL Michigan State Championships 198lb Raw Mens Open, 1st Place (1217 total)
                        -2013 USAPL Texas State Championships
                        198 Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1216 total)
                        -2012 USAPL Longhorn Open
                        198 Raw Mens Open, 1st place (1177 total)
                        -2012 USAPL Aggie Showdown
                        198lb Raw Mens Open, 2nd place (1137 total)

Comment

What a bunch of crap. Unbelievable.
                          1994 Ohio Gran Prix 4th place
                          2010 Kentucky State Championships 1st place
                          2011 Northern Kentucky 4th place
                          2012 Kentucky Grand Prix 1st place
                          2014 Francois Classic 3rd place
                          2015 Francois Classic 2nd Place

Truenutrition.com
                          Use Discount Code AMJ

Comment

Truly unbelievable.

Comment

Golf is the reason they are taking wrestling away what a horrible switch

Comment

Working...
                              X