Why did Dusty stop DC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did Dusty stop DC?

Was watching his iForce vids on youtube and he clearly wasnt doing DC. Was wondering why he stopped since he had so much success with it.

I thought he started back up with straight DC. Anyways, don't believe everything you see on video. Not always indicative of how these guys actually train.

Comment

He recently posted on his Facebook page that he has started back doing DC training (that is, the DC version Dante designed for him). In that same post he commented on his back routine for that day which was rack chins rest paused, two straight sets of old-school t-bar rows, and a special back widowmaker that involved a cable machine and a rope done rest paused.

Comment

Originally posted by big ross View Post
        I thought he started back up with straight DC. Anyways, don't believe everything you see on video. Not always indicative of how these guys actually train.
        Yes i heard he did start back up with straight DC but this would've meant that he did indeed stop DC to pursue a differenet type of training routine. And the videos i say were accurate depictions of his current training system.

Comment

He was doing more volume based training (still to failure though I believe) for his legs from last years show to this years.

Comment

Wasn't there a thread just like this a month ago? Thought we covered it...
            Max Muscle
            5020 Katella Ave.
            Los Alamitos, CA 90720
            www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
              Wasn't there a thread just like this a month ago? Thought we covered it...
              You are way off Roy. :insane: It was 3 months ago.

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....976#post992976

"a) DC training is not sexy to film
              b) Do you know how hard it is to film a certain workout with someone who doesnt do DC training...pretty impossible
              c) Videos and photo shoots are done with the video and photo shoot in mind first not the workout.....thats why you see half these guys doing leg extensions during leg workouts (because it makes a great photo op)...
              d) I dont know why this pops up every few years.....for example Dave Henry has trained DC or with Scott Stevensons system all these years....do you think that during his photo shoots or vids (not his vids, magazines vids) that he is doing the workouts that he normally does? Nope its "ok Dave hold the bottom position of the side lateral, hold it hold it hold it...good"....do you know why? because that makes guys look wide and big and is close to looking like a most muscular.
              e) When Dusty is traveling or has to lift with other people or for the benefit of the video or photo shoot...he does what is for the benefit of that video or photo shoot......when you get flown in and paid money to shoot these vids and photos...you are not going to say "Fuck that Im doing my regular DC workout, let me open my logbook right now"
              f) Let me ask you something....when you open up MD and see all the athletes articles in their sections....do you think they actually wrote that? Or someone with the intials RH did?

Note to anyone here.....if you get a photo op or video op with any magazine...and you blow that by telling them "you are going to do your regular DC workout no matter what they want you to do for video quality or photo excellence during the shoot"....I will personally fly to your location and tell you that you are an idiot to your face."

-Doggcrapp
              2014 USPA Nevada State / Regional Championships - 1,168 total

2014 USPA National Championships - 1,235 total

2014 Village Gym Meet - 1,260 total

2015 USPA Camp Pendleton Meet - 1,235 total

Journal: http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....80#post1112980

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post

http://intensemuscle.com/showthread....976#post992976

"a) DC training is not sexy to film
                b) Do you know how hard it is to film a certain workout with someone who doesnt do DC training...pretty impossible
                c) Videos and photo shoots are done with the video and photo shoot in mind first not the workout.....thats why you see half these guys doing leg extensions during leg workouts (because it makes a great photo op)...
                d) I dont know why this pops up every few years.....for example Dave Henry has trained DC or with Scott Stevensons system all these years....do you think that during his photo shoots or vids (not his vids, magazines vids) that he is doing the workouts that he normally does? Nope its "ok Dave hold the bottom position of the side lateral, hold it hold it hold it...good"....do you know why? because that makes guys look wide and big and is close to looking like a most muscular.
                e) When Dusty is traveling or has to lift with other people or for the benefit of the video or photo shoot...he does what is for the benefit of that video or photo shoot......when you get flown in and paid money to shoot these vids and photos...you are not going to say "Fuck that Im doing my regular DC workout, let me open my logbook right now"
                f) Let me ask you something....when you open up MD and see all the athletes articles in their sections....do you think they actually wrote that? Or someone with the intials RH did?

Note to anyone here.....if you get a photo op or video op with any magazine...and you blow that by telling them "you are going to do your regular DC workout no matter what they want you to do for video quality or photo excellence during the shoot"....I will personally fly to your location and tell you that you are an idiot to your face."

-Doggcrapp
                That's what I was referring to in my previous post. Need to use the search button more often.

Comment

Originally posted by TLopez View Post
                  Cocaine's a helluva drug
                  Max Muscle
                  5020 Katella Ave.
                  Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                  www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

Thank you TLopez

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                      Cocaine's a helluva drug
                      :first: Best Chappelle Show sketch ever!

Comment

Originally posted by slick13 View Post
                        Was watching his iForce vids on youtube and he clearly wasnt doing DC. Was wondering why he stopped since he had so much success with it.
                        He's doing a completely individualized program written by Dante. Dusty has all the size he needs and is now concentrating on his weak points.

Comment

Working...
                        X