Why Alternate Exercises?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Alternate Exercises?

Hey guys, got a question regarding exercise rotation.

I understand what Dante says regarding taking an exercise to its ultimate limit (current), then change. But why rotate 3 exercises for a bodypart?

Wouldn't it be the same for example to; Train the Shoulder Press (BB) every shoulder wokout adding smaller amounts. So you would in essense be progressing as fast as if not faster on that given exercise, as with the dc method. Then change on to the next exercise e.g. Smythe Press when you dont hit your target (aka not raping the logg) etc etc...?

thanks

B-R
    GOODFELLA....

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Hey guys, got a question regarding exercise rotation.

I understand what Dante says regarding taking an exercise to its ultimate limit (current), then change. But why rotate 3 exercises for a bodypart?

Wouldn't it be the same for example to; Train the Shoulder Press (BB) every shoulder wokout adding smaller amounts. So you would in essense be progressing as fast as if not faster on that given exercise, as with the dc method. Then change on to the next exercise e.g. Smythe Press when you dont hit your target (aka not raping the logg) etc etc...?

thanks

B-R
    This is the whole reason to rotate, so you will have time to recouperate and be able to crush that exercise in weight or reps when you come back to it, you would not make very good gains doing the same exercise 2 times in 8 days, it just would not be beneficial.

Remember on the 3 day split you will not come back to that exercise for 12 days...
    "That damn log book"

www.trueprotein.com Highest quality protein at the lowest price...

Comment

Yeah, that makes perfect sense to me. I wasn't disputing or anything just wanting to learn more. Couldn't find anything on it here or over at animals, so i thought i'd ask.

I was thinking terms of repeated practise and neurological effiency, i suppose i wasn't taking into account rocovery etc... But the way you put it clears things up

thanks fella
      GOODFELLA....

Comment

but even if you recover from that same exericse, you'd probably plateu alot faster. plus this is based upon compound exercises, so each lift complements each other -- if your bb sh. pr. goes up, so will your smith sh. pr, and so will your machine sh. pr.
        www.trueprotein.com

www.proactivehealthnet.com/healthBB/

"Those who do not beleive in the impossible, should not distract those who are already doing it"

"if we aren't supposed to eat animals, why are they made out of meat?"

Note: i'm not an expert, but i'm probably right.

"Furthermore, the urge to overindulge is almost absent when drinking urine." - the skeptic's dictionary about urine therapy.

Comment

Working...
        X