Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Utilizing Dante's tips and tweaks

Add any of Dante's little tips or tweaks you've used that work well:

Last week I was doing alternate supination DB curls and decided to try his "offset grip" trick. I used lighter than normal DB's, and glad I did, grabbed them with my thumbs against the inside of the plate so that when you supinate you are at a leverage disadvantage. My bi's were fried in a way that they haven't been in a long time.
    -KidRok-
    "...because I won't accept that I can't."

www.https://Truenutrition.com/
    5% OFF with Discount Code "FXL222"

https://www.facebook.com/hopsfitnessxl

I have been using these for my lagging biceps and horrible genetic peaks for about a year or so. I absolutely love them. I am also using his "pulldown bar attached to the low cables with wide grip and bent over bicep curl to the chin" movement. That one is a killer as well. These have actually grown my arms better than anything I have EVER used. My wife commented on my last show (last weekend, at which I finally won my IFPA Masters Pro card) how much bigger my arms looked this year on stage. Thanks Dante!!
    "It is impossible to defeat an ignorant man in argument." -William G. McAdoo

Comment

1.5rep rows, they have definitely helped me become more connected with my back.
      My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

I have been using 1.5 rep ham curls and have noticed a change

Comment

Not too mind blowing, but something I've found makes hamstring training much more effective when doing hamstring curl exercises. It is as simple and pointing your toes down. It is so easy to forget this when you are breathing like a locomotive and feel like knives have been stuck in your legs, but focusing on depressing your toes when doing hamstring curls really helps light them up.
          Be true to yourself and fuel your body with nothing less the highest quality supplements. Only available at TrueNutrition.com Use discount code: KSP945 to save 5% on your order!

Stickies...just read the damn stickies...

2014 Xcalibur Cup Bantam Open - 1st
          2014 Tracey Greenwood Classic Bantam Open - 1st
          2015 Beat Cancer!

Comment

Originally posted by MaxNat View Post
            I have been using these for my lagging biceps and horrible genetic peaks for about a year or so. I absolutely love them. I am also using his "pulldown bar attached to the low cables with wide grip and bent over bicep curl to the chin" movement. That one is a killer as well. These have actually grown my arms better than anything I have EVER used. My wife commented on my last show (last weekend, at which I finally won my IFPA Masters Pro card) how much bigger my arms looked this year on stage. Thanks Dante!!
            Can you provide more clarity on the bicep curl to the chin? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

I've been using Dante's treadmill protocol religiously for months and although my calves are not near where I want them, they are much larger and more defined than before.
              Here's the link to the thread so those interested can find it :
              http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=31749

Comment

Originally posted by Undertow View Post
                Can you provide more clarity on the bicep curl to the chin? I'm lost.

Thanks in advance!
                Stand at pulley station.
                Attach pulldown bar.
                Hands wider than normal, almost at the bends of the bar.
                Instead of upper body standing upright, slight bend forward.
                Curl bar until close to/touches chin.

Reduces propensity to cheat, the use of body english, shoulders taking over the movement. Allows better contraction of the biceps.

Not a DC tweak but LDC (LearningDC...where the hell is that guy?) tweak...

If doing dips on a dip station with angled bars, face the other way so hands are slightly more supinated than pronated. My god the difference it makes...
                Max Muscle
                5020 Katella Ave.
                Los Alamitos, CA 90720
                www.MaxMuscleLosAlamitos.com

Comment

can you explaine me the 1.5 rep ?

Comment

Originally posted by drago View Post
                    can you explaine me the 1.5 rep ?
                    http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=22992
                    My log: http://www.intensemuscle.com/showthread.php?t=47064

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                      Stand at pulley station.
                      Attach pulldown bar.
                      Hands wider than normal, almost at the bends of the bar.
                      Instead of upper body standing upright, slight bend forward.
                      Curl bar until close to/touches chin.

Reduces propensity to cheat, the use of body english, shoulders taking over the movement. Allows better contraction of the biceps.

Not a DC tweak but LDC (LearningDC...where the hell is that guy?) tweak...

If doing dips on a dip station with angled bars, face the other way so hands are slightly more supinated than pronated. My god the difference it makes...
                      Awesome. Thanks!

Comment

Just did the 1.5 t-bar rows

Side note on 1.5 reps: fourarms felt like they were going to explode
                        Try to hold contraction on half and full reps for 1-1.5 sec each rep was killer

Finished up with 2 straight set pull ups, lets were in extreme burn

Comment

Originally posted by theroymccoy View Post
                          Stand at pulley station.

how so?
                          To save 5% on your TrueProtein.com purchase, use discount code: DAS235
                          --------------------------------------

SUCCESS = CONSISTENCY X TIME
                          - Sniffy54

--------------------------------------
                          "Consistency can take you a long way"
                          - Homonunculus

Comment

Working...
                          X