• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Power Rack Opinions

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Squat-De...d_sim_sbs_sg_1

What does everyone think of this guy?

It will probably work if you're on a tight budget but personally I

- have never seen/used/heard of Atlas power racks and would put more faith in a company with a bigger reputation (Rogue, EFS, etc)
    - would not pinch pennies on something that will be used for a lifetime and may lead to severe injury/death if it fails
    - would be scared to use a rack only rated for 700lbs over a period of many years

The cheapest full rack I've seen with a decent user base backing is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VLRVSC
    Last edited by Duro; 11-02-2012, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Looks decent except for the j-hooks, they look like they could be annoying, or not. Only thing that sticks out to me. Price looks good though.

Edit: 700lbs is concerning

Comment

Originally posted by Duro View Post
        It will probably work if you're on a tight budget but personally I

- have never seen/used/heard of Atlas power racks and would put more faith in a company with a bigger reputation (Rogue, EFS, etc)
        - would not pinch pennies on something that will be used for a lifetime and may lead to severe injury/death if it fails
        - would be scared to use a rack only rated for 700lbs over a period of many years

The cheapest full rack I've seen with a decent user base backing is this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000VLRVSC
        You slam a rack for having a 700lb capacity, and recommend one with a 600lb capacity? :frusty:

NY Barbell has their C92563 rack, 289.99, rated at 1000 pounds, I've tested mine, on the pins to 750 and it was sturdy (with the rack bolted to 2 inch plywood and horse stall mats). I had issues with the rack when I first got it, with holes in the wrong place, they shipped another side 1 day shipping to me, customer service was a bitch, but if you bitch enough, you get the head honcho and can tell him exactly how you feel about it. It's a TDS rack, sold by NY Barbell, not commercial quality, but not bad either. I had already put the two beams on a CNC machine and drilled holes over with precision, the holes on one beam were .580 off, not a huge difference, but enough of an error to cause the safety pins to jam on some holes.

Also check craigslist religiously for weights and equipment, you'd be surprised with little Johnny begged his stacked parents for, and then now wants to ditch it because Halo 4 is about to drop on shelves in t-minus 3 days.
        …Time is so precious….and you need to ask yourself, what are you going to do today but more importantly, you need to ask yourself – how are you going to do it?

Comment

Thanks for the inputs.

I have been all over Craigslist in my area, but nothing, nothing, nothing...

Comment

Working...
          X